Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

dream off-season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
common cents

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: dream off-season Reply with quote

i love what the vikes have done so far and its got me hyped as hell...so maybe it's the lack of sleep but i thought id maake another of these wothless posts...

free agents...we've already done so much i can honestly say i'd be happy signing players just to round out the team and drafting some playmakers.

1. travis taylor, screw plaxico and his money grubbing ways. sign travis as a 4th option and a solid player who can step in as the number 2 reciever when m.robinson gets hurt. david terrell has better talent but he's a nutcase so taylor's the man cuz he wants to be here. plus the way i figure it culpepper turn average recievers into great ones...so with that said taylor could be a stud. i'd still rather have burress but probably not for what he wants.

2. sam cowart, bout to be released and he has ties with cottrell. don't want him to start but he'd be a solid back-up and a great mentor to EJ and the rest of our young lb'ing crew.

3. doug flutie, bring some more age hardened wisdom to mentor culpepper and service as a solid back-up...vinny testeverde is another option.

4. david dixon, please bring him back for another year or two. i love this dude the longer he plays the better he gets. he played great last year so show the vet some loyalty and let him finish his career on his on terms in mn.

draft remember it's only a dream.

and i dream that the vikes trade micheal bennett for a high third round pick.

1a. olb derrick johnson 6-4 235, 4.56 best lb since arrington was on the board. what did he have 9 forced fumbles. and his speed is amazing bulk? who needs it when you got a nose for the ball like dj hes just always there to lay down the stick. too bad c-pepp already got #11 on lock.

1b. ss thomas davis 6-1 230, 4.58 he ran slow so hes dropping but at saftey you dont always need to be fast as long as you have instincts and the angles down. he hits like a mac truck and will be great with all the fast players surrounding him he wont need to cover recievers much just dump him in the box and let him pound the rb's to a pulp. yes chavous would start but i might make the switch in the middle of the year after chavous has taught him a little something something. don't know why i'm saying this but john lynch ran a 4.78 or something outta college and he could be going to the hall.

2. wr reggie brown 6-1 195, 4.32 he's got soft hands, decent size and good speed really a little bit of everything. hes also ready to play at the pro-level i.e. his routes are crisp and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, maybe a little bit of time to get comfortable but i can really see him having the impact lee evans had last year.

3a. k mike nugent 5-10 180, pick for bennett...we haven't done [inappropriate/removed] to adress our needs at special teams and we do have some major holes to fill. so nugent is a must in this draft. despite the combine i think he's got some touchbacks in his leg and so-what if he doesn't the hang time on his kicks to the 5 yrd. line were just amazing...field goals attempted from 50 away...haven't seens those in awhile.

3b. de david mcmillan 6-3 276, 4.58 i'm really surprized this kid hasn't shot up the charts i mean i knew he was fast but come'on a 4.58 40 on a guy his size is rediculous and he's still supposed to go in the forth. he's never had injury problems and he puts up solid stats...7 sacks to make the all big 12 1st team. i think he'll be better than justin tuck.

4. dt albert means 6-4 258, i've been touting this dude from the jump. he's a beast with quick agility for a man of his size. plus let him learn the tricks of the trade from pat williams and he could turn out like a poor mans shaun rodgers.

5. cb willie amos 6-0 190, 4.37, 41", 4.14 shuttle. he's a stud played wr senior season but hes had major injury last year and played a total of (i think) three games. but as a sophmore he did yank down 4 intceptions in 6 starts as a cb. and the amzing thin is he's gotten faster...two years ago before the acl injury he was running 4.46 40's and at the combine he goes out and sets a blazing 4.37 down to match with a great shuttle run. he's got the talent to start at the nfl level if he can shake the injuries he could be this years poor mans chris gamble just a pure talent develop him...

6. wr/kr/pr jerome mathis 5-10 180, 4.28 i'd tell you more but i didn't find out about this cat cory did so go see his post..."who the vikes should draft in the late round." i think its a great idea and he's got me converted...i'd still love to see his shuttle runs...i mean iwonder if hes got jukes too boot or is he simply a straight line scrub like m.bennett. but hey either way its the 6th rd. so he's now my pick regardless.

7. og maurice mitchell 6-7 370, the heir apparent to dixon. let tice work his magic and turn yet another massive late round project into a solid if not pro-bowl lineman...i.e. birk, lewienski, and dixon himself another one of my mentors for a young prospect.

bottom-line its a dream but i think this team would be super-bowl contenders...i mean as long as culpepper the qb and the o-line is solid it doesn't matter the o will put up points...and i think management already has our d looking top-notch...

Last edited by common cents on Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok . . . this is looking pretty damn good! I like the Travis Taylor move and then we draft a WR to round out the corps as Burleson, Robinson, draftee, Taylor, and Ben Nelson. K-Cam is smoking fast, in more ways than one, and he's a joker/clown, which can be disruptive in the lockeroom. Besides Pepp will have his line back with 'Sass and Wiggins.

I don't know about Cowart. Last year they tried Newman and he was ok. When you have a LB corps as young as ours, ya gotta "teach" them because physical skill only goes so far. Yet, when Biekert was retiring you could tell that smarts just weren't enough, so an older LB probably won't help. I'd say, let Harris make this HIS Corps and plant their butts in the classroom becoming students of the game.

As for a back-up QB, Ferrotte will probably leave, so a veteran would be good, but I don't like either Flutie or Vinny for our system. Brad Johnson might work better, but maybe we should draft someone in the 4th or 5th rd. Overall, I think Pepp actually has the skills, intelligence and experience to where he doesn't need a mentor anymore.

Have to agree with Dixon. I love the guy too and I think he can go another year or two.

Your 1st Rd picks are awesome. If that happens - wow. I think we can get Davis at #18, but DJ might be another story. Maybe we take Williams, Merriman or Williamson instead with #7. Anyway ya cut it, the Vikes would be making great choices with any of these guys.

In Rd 2, I say we take Nugent. We can't screw around with the chance to get him. The Jets, Titans, Niners, and Falcons will be hot for this guy.

As for trading Bennett, I know he's fragile, but thoroughbreds are finicky. I think you put him behind our full blocking contingent and he's due for a monster year. Smith is talented, but he's also one toke away from being gone for a year. Moore would be a good sub, as he proved last year. Trade Smith n keep Bennett. For depth, draft a Div 1AA or Div II back with great hands and resonable footwork.

With 2 3rd Rd choices, get a WR (Jones/Mathis/Parrish) or a CB (Darrent Williams or Ron Bartell). The second choice of McMillian is solid.

If we take a WR with the first 3rd rounder, take a CB in the 4th. The kid from WA state is good, not Marcus Trufant, but he's good and played against top PAC 10 receivers.

In the 5-7 picks, you do have some dreamin going on there. I like it, but think the vikes will go C, OT and OG.
Helter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overall not bad ... that's all I got to say bout that
common cents

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

life is like a box of chocolates....

like i said sam cowart would not be signed to start just a solid back-up...let him pass on some wisdom while he's at it...

i agree i like brad johnson he is the man...itd be nice to see him back in purple. cant believe i didn't think of him.

cb in the forth...i dunno especially if we drafted davis...you relize we'd have five player who could start adquately at corner. winfield, smoot, williams, irvin, chavous.

nate mcmillan is a stud...6-3 276...4.58 i still cant get over him.

draft a center at five nope not me...yes we released withrow but he's a scrub but we only released him because we still have bill conatay and he did a good job last year.

ot again no we still have great depth here...mckinnie, rosenthal, goldberg, dorsey who'is only 22 yrs. old and better than anyone you'll find in the 6th.

og in the 7th...yes spoken like a true gentleman...i hope its mitchell with his size tice would do wonders for him...two years and he'd be a beast garunteed.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cory withrow was also released because he was the player that flubbed the fake field goal/intended pass to moss at the philly playoff game. he didn't come off the field.
Helter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a bad moment play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: