Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

number 2 and 7 picks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macksb13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: number 2 and 7 picks? Reply with quote

Does anyone think it is possible that the vikes trade Bennet, number 18 pick, third rounder and next years 2nd rounder to miami for the number two pick and 4th round pick and we take DJ with number two and Mike Williams or Edwards at number 7. How sweet it is to dream! Very Happy
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.................lol
Hornblende

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be nice.
VikesGuy07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BigRich nailed it on the head
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you dropped out Miami's 4th round pick, maybe... might have to change the vikings 3rd round pick to the vikes 2nd round pick THIS year.

I think for Bennet, 1st round (18th), 2nd round, and 2nd round next year, Miami would trade the #2 overall... unless of course they are diehard set on taking 1 specific guy.

Of course there is still no assurance that Mike Williams falls to #7, or even Braylon Edwards for that matter.

Sean Taylor-Forever 'Canes-
Helter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we don't need to trade to miami , it would be a bad move

you only have to worry about the browns and the bears taking DJ
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ so what your saying is, we need to trade above the Browns? hmm.... so... Miami. Ah, I see your point. lol

Stop with all these future late round draft picks and change the 18th overall pick to the 7th overall.

#7 and 3rd rounder for #2 might work. But I'm thinking that it would probably be a little more than that. But they wouldn't trade a late round pick from next year.
Vikings fan.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop trying to get something for Bennett he has very little value.To get all the way up to 2 it'll cost both 1st rounders.Noone is gonna drop 5 spots at the top of round 1 for a 3rd round pick...look back in history and I can guarantee you it's never happened.You are talking about the top of round one the bottom of the round is an entirely different story.
Helter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
^ so what your saying is, we need to trade above the Browns? hmm.... so... Miami. Ah

yeah that was a stupid statement I made . I guess if the browns might take DJ you would have to trade to Miami , ah ?

there's a good chance he may fall past that though
Serick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems most likely that both Williams and DJ will be gone by pick 7. They are the two highest rated players on many boards now. So, moving up to #2 will ensure us of only one thing - that we'll land one of the two. I agree it'll probably take both first rounders to move up to #2, or the #7 and next year's first rounder, or something similar to that.

Some of you may recall that last year the Browns traded their high second round pick to Detroit just to move up one slot in the top ten (a moronic move IMO given the talent still on the board).

Generally speaking, championships are built by trading down and collecting multiple top 50 picks rather than by trading up to land individual players. I think the Vikes may be an exception to that rule given how close they appear to be to a championship. Even so, I'd hate to see them give up a lot just to land the guy they covet. Personally, I'd rather draft Merriman and Davis than just DJ or just MW.
Helter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draft day will tell a different story
we can guess and speculate all we want right now but untill draft day it's all unknown ... a trade with the browns or bears might prove the better but maybe , just maybe things would work out at #7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: