Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would we accept a pick being used on Chris Henry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Would we accept a pick being used on Chris Henry? Reply with quote

He's an obvious headcase. But, would the front office be willing to look past that if they get great value for him?

A little primer for those who aren't familiar:

Hgt:6'5"
Wgt:195
Cls:Jr

::pasted from bo on this site::
Quote:

Chris Henry burst onto the college football scene as a sophomore, becoming one of the best playmakers at the WR position. His sophomore season was his first on the field, but he made the most of it. He hauled in 41 catches for 1,006 yards and 10 touchdowns. As junior he drew more attention, but still put up big numbers. Henry caught 49 catches for 811 yards, and 12 touchdowns.

Chris Henry is a great athlete on the football field. He is tall and lanky, and can really go up and get the ball. He displays very good speed and can get downfield with ease. With his height, jumping ability, and speed he has the ability to be a big vertical threat at the next level.

Save up to 75% on last minute cruises!
Henryís biggest issue may be his attitude. He needs to grow up and realize he is part of a team; itís not all about Chris. On the field he needs work as well. He needs to put more effort into learning the nuances of his position, and putting forth more effort when the ball is not coming his way. With experience, Henry should become a more complete WR however.

Chris Henry has a ton of physical ability, and could be the best WR out of this draft when all is said and done if he is willing to put in the work. His style and attitude questions remind me of Randy Moss coming out, though he is not quite on Mossí level physically. Where he gets drafted will be largely dependant upon how teams view his maturity and work ethic. He could be a Top 20 pick or he could slide into the 2nd or 3rd round.

He also just ran a 4.42 at the WVU pro day.

I get the feeling that if we would pass up on Randy Moss, we'll pass on this guy. However this guy will be not as much of a risk outside of the first round. I'd still say that Mathis would probably be the better choice for what Reese is looking for in this range.

So, what's your feelings on this guy? Like him or hate him?
aceyalone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the titans would take a chance on him is hes there at the 5th round... but many others would give him a chance in the 3rd round i.e. minnesota/baltimore
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansguru..that video is awesome..do you got one of Troupe jumping over Bailey?
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that live, that was a hella high jump.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was awesome. I could try to find one.
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like he wants the video clips gone from the sigs. I'll still try to find that one but ya may need to use it on another board.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7275
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Chris Henry, but if he can get me 75% off last minute cruises, I'd consider him.

In all seriousness, I think he'll be taken in the 2nd and at our pick there - you can't really argue that he's great value. So I would say it's highly unlikely. Besides, it sounds like he's another Moss.

Who needs Moss when we got ... Kevin Dyson? (vomiting all over desk)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: