Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

feelings on Polley???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IlliniBears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: feelings on Polley??? Reply with quote

Hey Rams fans...I am a Bears fan myself, but I am wondering what your feelings were on Tommy Polley?? How was he as a player? I know he was supposed to be a real stud coming out of FSU, but how did he work out? I guess there was something that your staff didn't like about him b/c of the signings of claibourne and coakley. I think he might be a good pick up for the Bears having already played for Lovie Smiths defensive scheme. What are you thoughts???
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol lovie would not take them. the rams have had their share of troubles with polley underachieving and lovie witnessed them himself. it started when he was there.

chances are 2 percent that the bears would pick him up and that owuld be ofr the minimum most likely
Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most of the season you wouldn't have known Polley was in the money year of his contract by his play last season.

He went from being one of the best coverage linebackers in the game to just barely adequate against the pass.

Against the run he was a huge liability all season. I lost track how many times I saw him get caught out of position or just plain get schooled by running backs.

There is a reason why no one has heard Tommy's name in free agency thus far.

I predict he will get signed after teams make their June 1 cuts to a low to moderate one to two year deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: