Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Colts Mock Draft Reply with quote

alright I'll take a stab at making a mock though I'm sure I'll get players messed up

ROUND 1- LB Thomas Howard UTEP-
although I'd prefer Ernie Sims here He seems to be shooting up the board and more then likely will be gone before our pick. I also believe that the talent at RB won't fall to us (Bush, White, Maroney and D. Williams) we can still get a good RB at the end of round 2.
Alternate Pick: Laurence Maroney,RB Minnesota

ROUND 2- RB Joseph Addai L.S.U.-there is a chance he won't fall this far but if the four aforementioned RB are all gone before our 1st round pick then there is a good chance that only 1 or 2 RBs go in the second and I think Calhoun and Drew would be gone
Alternate Pick: Roger McIntosh, LB Miami(FL)

ROUND 3- OG Taitusi "Deuce" Lutui, USC -Strong and Agile but not very fast , moves well in confined areas but not in space, good in pass protection but can manhandle opponents in the running game, does have a weight problem.
Alternate Pick: Alan Zemaitis CB Penn St.

Round 4-- traded to Eagles

Round 5- CB Charles Gordon Kansas with the possibility of Marlin Jackson moving to FS and still no real # 1 CB we take Gordon who I don't think will last this far but then BPA will take place
Alternate pick: Matt Lentz G Michigan

Round 6- QB Brett Basanez Northwestern We will probably draft a QB here or just bring one undrafted QB in as a number three

Round 7 traded to Tennessee

Let me know what you think or show me how you think it will go
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ur's is pretty good, here's mine

1st round: Laurence Maroney (Minnesota)- essentially, he is the second coming of edge. he fits the system and has proven to have success on the college level, which will transfer over to the pros.
Alternate: Max Jean Gilles (Georgia)

2nd round:Roger McIntosh (Miami)- another athletic, fast, good hands linebacker to pair with Cato June in the linebacker corps. Hopefully he can open up more pass rushing opportunities for June with his coverage skills on the tight end
Alternate: Taitusi Latui(USC), Brian Calhoun(Wisconsin)

3rd round: Demario Minter(Georgia)- By far the most underrated cornerback in the draft, his tackling skills will be valuable in the colts secondary. He will be an instant starter alongside Nick Harper.
Alternate: Devin Hester (Miami)

5th round: Kevin Boothe(Cornell)- a gigantic offensive guard who is intelligent and can fill in at both guard and tackle. With provide a fiery, explosive option on goal line situations and be a solid backup
Alternate: Gerrick McPherson(Maryland), Clint Ingram(Oklahoma)

6th round: Jonathon Orr(Wisconsin)- a speed demon who can have an instant impact on special teams and become a deep threat on 4 wide formations. Not a lock to fall this far, but if he does, he will be a great addition
Alternate: Kendric Golston(Georgia), Garrett Mills(Tulsa)

How about this scenario?

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
Ur's is pretty good, here's mine

1st round: Laurence Maroney (Minnesota)- essentially, he is the second coming of edge. he fits the system and has proven to have success on the college level, which will transfer over to the pros.
Alternate: Max Jean Gilles (Georgia)

2nd round:Roger McIntosh (Miami)- another athletic, fast, good hands linebacker to pair with Cato June in the linebacker corps. Hopefully he can open up more pass rushing opportunities for June with his coverage skills on the tight end
Alternate: Taitusi Latui(USC), Brian Calhoun(Wisconsin)

3rd round: Demario Minter(Georgia)- By far the most underrated cornerback in the draft, his tackling skills will be valuable in the colts secondary. He will be an instant starter alongside Nick Harper.
Alternate: Devin Hester (Miami)

5th round: Kevin Boothe(Cornell)- a gigantic offensive guard who is intelligent and can fill in at both guard and tackle. With provide a fiery, explosive option on goal line situations and be a solid backup
Alternate: Gerrick McPherson(Maryland), Clint Ingram(Oklahoma)

6th round: Jonathon Orr(Wisconsin)- a speed demon who can have an instant impact on special teams and become a deep threat on 4 wide formations. Not a lock to fall this far, but if he does, he will be a great addition
Alternate: Kendric Golston(Georgia), Garrett Mills(Tulsa)

How about this scenario?

I actually like yours better then my own
49ersColtsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the first round pick of maroney, he shines like a star, he is a rpoven every down bock and has blocking ablity second to none. I do not think we need a linebacker even with the loss of thronton we can take rob morris off of special teams and put him back in the middle flanked by gary brackett and cato june, gratned we resign the both of them. After that season I do not see them being let go.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the first round pick of Maroney for some simple reasons. The only other teams that may possibly need a RB in the draft are the Vikings and the Pats (the Eagles, Broncos and Ravens may take a RB). The vikings will probably do what they have always done and pick somone up in free agency, 10 signings thus far. So that leaves the pats to pick up either RB, which looks to be DeAngelo Williams. They favor him as RB in the draft, but the Pats also have other GLARING needs (k, CB, LB...etc) so they may not even take a running back. The Broncos can either decide to give Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne a shot and take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds or pick up a first round RB with one of their two picks. I think the first option is the best for the Broncos due to the fact that they let TE Putzier and DB Pryce go in free agency, so they too have other holes to fix. If the eagles draft a RB They will Draft Lendale White as he is the highest RB on their draft board besides Bush. Finally the Ravens may take a RB because Anderson is getting older and Lewis could have another destructive season like last year, but White is also the top RB after Bush on their board due to his size, strength, power, and decent speed. This means that the likeliness of a first round RB(Maroney, Williams, and White) falling to the Colts is high and the chances of it being Maroney are even greater.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teams that might take RB before Colts pick
#1 Houston - Reggie Bush
#4 Jets - DeAngelo Willaims - now that they've got anextra 1st rounder this is unlikely
#5 Packers - LenDale White -highly unlikely though
#6 San Francisco - only if Bush is available
#15 Denver - probalby go rb later
#21 New England - DeAngelo Williams
#22 Denver - LenDale White
#27 Carolina - Lawrence Maroney - have bigger needs to fill (TE)
#29 Jets - Lawrence Maroney

IF the Broncos pass on RB which is possible then the Jets would have the option of either White, Maroney or an O-linemen
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
teams that might take RB before Colts pick
#1 Houston - Reggie Bush
#4 Jets - DeAngelo Willaims - now that they've got anextra 1st rounder this is unlikely
#5 Packers - LenDale White -highly unlikely though
#6 San Francisco - only if Bush is available
#15 Denver - probalby go rb later
#21 New England - DeAngelo Williams
#22 Denver - LenDale White
#27 Carolina - Lawrence Maroney - have bigger needs to fill (TE)
#29 Jets - Lawrence Maroney

IF the Broncos pass on RB which is possible then the Jets would have the option of either White, Maroney or an O-linemen

i was thinking about adding carolina but i think that they will opt to use Foster and that they, like you said, have bigger needs to fill. The jets taking a RB at 29 is also unlikely due to their glaring holes on defense and the O-line...with the trade of Abraham they definately have a need to fill and the 29th pick is a great place to replace Abraham. Also they will probably draft Ferguson or hawk with their 4th pick. As i said before, Pryce and Putzier make it hard for the Broncos to pick up a RB with either of those picks because they have some security at that position (Bell and Dayne). Not to mention Shanahan has always had success drafting mid-late round Running backs....so i believe Maroney will fall to the colts
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost sure the Jets are taking Mario Williams at #4

which means at 29 they have the option of RB OL.
and LB is a good pick for their 2nd rounder at #35
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok...ill give you that they could get a quality LB in the second round, but no matter who they pick with #4, they still have a problem at #29. The jets need a RB and a WR for the future. and im not sure who it was, but on a different post some people said that a WR is less replaceable than a RB....so what if one of the top three WR fell to them, which wouldnt be so farfeched with the low quality WR corps this year. Not to mention, the O-line....Which you brought up....they will also have to look at some gaurds and tackles to cover pennington (or Ramsey)...i just think they have enough stability at RB for now that they would not draft one
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and about the JETS taking Williams read this article

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060325/SPORTS01/603250318/1108

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: