Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

running back option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beardown5883

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: running back option Reply with quote

a name that i haven't heard mentioned at all throughout free agency is najeh davenport. going to school in green bay i've had the chance to watch him first hand, he is something else. It doesn't seem like anyone is really courting him so i don't think he would be that expensive. in the first game he started last year he ran for 150+ yards. he's a big back, but one who also has speed and plenty of ability to hit holes. If TJ were to go down again I can't think of anyone i'd like to see in the backfield more. plus it would give us the option of using our second rounder on another o-linemen, olb, or safety. what do you guys think?
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never mind robbing the pack of a decent player. He's a RFA, so he'll cost a 5th rounder, but he's probably not too expensive otherwise. Angelo really likes draft picks, so he may just want to draft a RB in the 2nd round. RB is really deep, so they could get someone in 4th.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears take TE from Stanford in Rd 2, what RB's might be available in the 4th? Any opinions?
ta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think TA McClendon out of NC State might be an option there. I know he had injury problems, but he would be someone worth our 4th round pick. I think he would be a good "big-back" compliment to TJ.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think TA McClendon out of NC State might be an option there. I know he had injury problems, but he would be someone worth our 4th round pick. I think he would be a good "big-back" compliment to TJ.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pdogg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned Davenport in a post last week i got no responses,glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks he would be a good back up.
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: running back option Reply with quote

[quote="beardown5883"]a name that i haven't heard mentioned at all throughout free agency is najeh davenport. going to school in green bay i've had the chance to watch him first hand, he is something else. It doesn't seem like anyone is really courting him so i don't think he would be that expensive. in the first game he started last year he ran for 150+ yards. he's a big back, but one who also has speed and plenty of ability to hit holes. If TJ were to go down again I can't think of anyone i'd like to see in the backfield more. plus it would give us the option of using our second rounder on another o-linemen, olb, or safety. what do you guys think?[/quote]
Bears brass doesn't seem interested in Davenport (for whatever reason).

How about trading our #2 pick to Seattle for Alexander and a lower round draft choice? Seattle's said to be actively shopping him and isn't by all reports seeking a 1st round pick in return.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: