Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Compensatory Draft Pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Compensatory Draft Pick Reply with quote

Recent NFL news has shown the Bears to have a great chance to recieve at least 1 compensatory draft pick. I know that if a team loses more starters than it got the previous off season they recieve compensatory draft picks. I was wondering does anyone know how they determine what rounds those draft picks are for. If my memory serves me correct, about 2 years ago the bears got 2 or 3 compensatory draft picks, and I know they were not 1st day draft picks, I believe they were a 4th rounder, 5th rounder, and a 7th rounder. I believe it was the draft they picked up Wade, and Gage. Anyways, if they do get a compensatory draft pick, depending on what round it is, it could be very possible to package that pick with another and trade up and get the OLB/K we needed in the 3rd round.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
purdueman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Compensatory Draft Pick Reply with quote

[quote="Jack"]Recent NFL news has shown the Bears to have a great chance to recieve at least 1 compensatory draft pick. I know that if a team loses more starters than it got the previous off season they recieve compensatory draft picks. I was wondering does anyone know how they determine what rounds those draft picks are for. If my memory serves me correct, about 2 years ago the bears got 2 or 3 compensatory draft picks, and I know they were not 1st day draft picks, I believe they were a 4th rounder, 5th rounder, and a 7th rounder. I believe it was the draft they picked up Wade, and Gage. Anyways, if they do get a compensatory draft pick, depending on what round it is, it could be very possible to package that pick with another and trade up and get the OLB/K we needed in the 3rd round.[/quote]
Most likely it won't be more than one compensatory pick either in the 5th or 6th round that won't have much trade value. Best to keep that pick and use it to roll the dice on a quarterback or Maurice Clarett. Nothing ventured, nothing lost after all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: