Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers at Bears SUPER TERRIFIC GAMEDAY THREAD!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Steelers at Bears SUPER TERRIFIC GAMEDAY THREAD!!! Reply with quote

SUPER TERRIFIC GAMEDAY THREAD!!!!!

VS

Where
:

Soldier Field, Chicago
When: 4:15 PM (FOX)

Steelers
Record: 1-0
Last game: Won 13-10 (OT) vs. Titans.
Injury Report: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/pittsburgh-steelers/injuries.html

Bears
Record: 0-1
Last game: Lost 21-15 at Packers
Injury Report: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/chicago-bears/injuries.html

Keys to Victory

Arrow Protect Ben! I can't see the run game doing much, but our receivers have a VERY favorable matchup against their secondary. If we keep Ben upright, he could put up another 300 and a few TDs.
Arrow Frustrate Cutler. If an inexperience 3-4 defense can give Cutler problems, we shouldnt have a problem. I expect him to play better, though.
Arrow Contain Hester. Our special team is night and day compared to two years ago, but we have to be extra careful with Hester.

Arrow Cutler NEEDS to make smarter decisions. No Polamalu is an advantage for him, but LeBeau will still try to confuse him.
Arrow A Bears WR needs to step up. Greg Olsen may have a big game, but I think one of the wideouts need to really step up if they want to win.
Arrow BLITZ! This could ultimately kill them too, but its the only chance they have. If they only rush 4, I cant see them getting consistent pressure, and they dont have the players to cover all of Pittsburgh's weapons.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the time for the Steelers offense to score some points and take the pressure off the defense. If the offense can generate at the minimum 7+ play drives and score score pts. It'll put a lot of pressure on that Bears offense and give the Steelers a chance to put pressure on Culter. I think I. Taylor needs to invest in some stickum this week, because he gonna get a chance to make plays on passes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us having a very impressive game 23-10 or even 34-10. You wont often see me boast like that but I've had that feeling since right after our game last week.

We could/should even get the running game going.
Pipes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bears offense is in a world of trouble against this D - with or without Polamalu.

I don't see how Orlando Pace or Chris Williams can block Harrison and Woodley. Harrison is going to run right under Pace and Woodley will run right over Williams. Getting Timmons back should mitigate some of the loss of Troy, especially since the Bears main receiving targets are TE's.

On the other side of the ball, the Steelers need to make sure Tommie Harris doesn't blow this game up. If they can neutralize him somehow, they have great WR vs. secondary match-ups to exploit. It looks like the Bears will be missing two starting LB's as well - tough luck for them but good luck for the Steelers running game.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone worried about Ogunleyey against Colon? I think Colon can more than hold his own against him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the coaching in Chicago is stupid enough to make the same mistakes. They got away from running it and found themselves behind and were forced to pass. Even though our D is tough running will still help them force us to change our plays up and take some pressure off cutler.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers_Fan wrote:
I doubt the coaching in Chicago is stupid enough to make the same mistakes. They got away from running it and found themselves behind and were forced to pass. Even though our D is tough running will still help them force us to change our plays up and take some pressure off cutler.

I don't know that that is necessarily true. Against most teams, the Steelers seem to like the run blitz if the running game is much of a threat. This won't be maybe quite as effective all the time, but it can potentially produce more pressure if the guards aren't ready for it. The teams that have more success seem to be speed running teams. I could, however, see the screen passes/flats being a problem potentially. Forte is a very effective receiving back and his ability to catch the quick dump offs could mean that the Steelers have to pull back the blitzes a little more than they would like to. The Packers were able to contain the offense though, so I don't see it as much of a problem.

On offense, I wouldn't doubt that the Steelers come out passing early to take away the running game of the Bears. If you put them behind in the game early, it's hard to get the running game going. I would like to see the no huddle on the first drive for two reasons.
1.This seems to be our most effective offense.
2.The Bears may be missing two of their starting LBs (Urlacher will definitely not play while Tinoisamoa may or may not). With the primary play caller out of the game, it may be hard for them to adjust much on defense.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
coleman397

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested to see what our defense can do w/o Troy. Lebeau is going to need a great gameplan to keep Chicago off their game w/o using Troy as that confusion.

Cutler & Forte could have big days if we don't get pressure. I don't see DL gambling on corner blitzes/all out blitzes like Green Bay did. Woodley/Harrison are going to have to pick it up and be the difference makers while Troy is gone.
Pipes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:
I'll be interested to see what our defense can do w/o Troy. Lebeau is going to need a great gameplan to keep Chicago off their game w/o using Troy as that confusion.

Cutler & Forte could have big days if we don't get pressure. I don't see DL gambling on corner blitzes/all out blitzes like Green Bay did. Woodley/Harrison are going to have to pick it up and be the difference makers while Troy is gone.

Steelers just faced the best OT combo in the league, now they face a first-year starter and a washed-up old guy.

I think Cutler will be running for his life and won't have time to look deep to test Carter.

Forte and the screen game could be an issue - hopefully Timmons is back and zeroed in on that.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

Steelers just faced the best OT combo in the league, now they face a first-year starter and a washed-up old guy.

I think Cutler will be running for his life and won't have time to look deep to test Carter.

Forte and the screen game could be an issue - hopefully Timmons is back and zeroed in on that.

Timmons may not be the person for that since they seem to like to have him on the TEs. My solution would personally be to have Carter kind of shadow him. Typically you would have Troy do this with no problem. Carter may not be able to stop him every time, but would at least slow him down enough to get the rest of the defense there. Since the WRs shouldn't be too much of a threat aside from Hester, I would say that Clark should shade his zone over toward Hester in most cases to prevent the long play. Although this will put more LBs in coverage a lot of the time, it still frees them up more than keeping another LB near Forte.

This would of course be the plan to start the game, but you could obviously modify as the game goes on. For example, if a decent lead is built up, more should be done to make sure the WRs don't get the ball as they are going to be more of a big play threat. In the scenario that I have set up, you could move Carter back more in coverage to help Clark prevent the deep stuff.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
coleman397

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

I wasn't knocking Harrison or Woodley for the first game, I was just saying w/ Troy out.. they will need to take their game to a whole new level. We know they are capable of doing it, I was just basically saying Troy's absence will hurt us overall.

I also 100% agree with you about the short dump offs to Forte. I think that is one thing the Bears will take from watching film against the Packers. They can beat the blitz by letting the Steelers be over aggressive. Obviously that isn't Lebeau's MO. In fact, we usually just send 4. I just think the OLBs will need to be responsible for sniffing out screens and setting the edge in the run game.
Jbizzle69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be cocky, but does anyone actually think that after seeing Orlando Pace play last week that he has any chance of containing James Harrison? I feel a game from Harrison similar to his game at New England last year.

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!
Pipes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbizzle69 wrote:
I'm not trying to be cocky, but does anyone actually think that after seeing Orlando Pace play last week that he has any chance of containing James Harrison? I feel a game from Harrison similar to his game at New England last year.

Yeah, that's what I was driving at in my comments. Pace looks old/slow/stiff. He is a huge man and I think he will literally have trouble reaching down quickly enough to prevent Harrison from doing his under-and-around move. I have trouble seeing how he will be able to hold James off at all on his own.

On the opposite side, I'm not convinced Chris Williams is big enough or tough enough to stop Woodley from walking him into the backfield every play.

They can help with a RB or TE on one side, but on both sides? If they keep that much help in to protect, that leaves very few, very average/poor targets for Cutlet to throw to.

I just feel like their offense matches up very poorly against the Steelers D all around.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Anyone worried about Ogunleyey against Colon? I think Colon can more than hold his own against him.

I'm worried about it in the passing game and think we better give him some help there. Og is good at what Colon can't defend and that is speed. A RB is going to have to chip on his way to the flat to give any time to Ben. The run game he will thrive.
Jbizzle69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
Jbizzle69 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was driving at in my comments. Pace looks old/slow/stiff. He is a huge man and I think he will literally have trouble reaching down quickly enough to prevent Harrison from doing his under-and-around move. I have trouble seeing how he will be able to hold James off at all on his own.

On the opposite side, I'm not convinced Chris Williams is big enough or tough enough to stop Woodley from walking him into the backfield every play.

They can help with a RB or TE on one side, but on both sides? If they keep that much help in to protect, that leaves very few, very average/poor targets for Cutlet to throw to.

I just feel like their offense matches up very poorly against the Steelers D all around.

Sorry man, I'm at work and didn't get to read the rest of the posts. That topic has been on my mind since I saw Pace wondering around on the field this past Sunday night.

Thanks PatsDynasty21 for the sig.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLIII Champions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: