Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs should draft Carlos Rogers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportzokc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Chiefs should draft Carlos Rogers Reply with quote

even if we do sign Ty Law, it would be wise to get Carlos Rogers so that way Law would shut down one side of the field while Rogers shuts down the other. we would have a shut down pass defense.
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. If we sign Law, we should go ahead and draft Rogers to come in on third downs now and develop into a future starter.

If we trade for Surtain and don't have a second rounder, though, I doubt we'll be able to draft a CB in the first with so many other needs.

I heard Pac Man Jones' workout didn't exactly set the world on fire, so there's a chance Rogers could be moving up and out of our range.
tboneistheman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that we are trying to trade our 1st and 2nd round picks (this years draft) to Miami for Patrick Surtain and Jason Taylor! Very Happy
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is true I'm kinda torn. Allen needs another season so we can see what kind of a player he is going to develope into, then we have a lot of $$$$ in Hicks and I hate to see cap just get wasted, if would have cut him a year ago this would be the greatest trade ever, ohh and we still need to draft some rookies

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that trade goes through, but I am sure it is under consideration.

And if it did go through, I'd probably be for it. I am an NFL draft junkie. But you generally don't win a Super Bowl with your draft picks. We are an aging team. We want a Super Bowl now. I think there is a better chance than you would initially think that this trade could happen, although it is probably still somewhat of a long shot.
kcbamm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: carlos rogers Reply with quote

rogers ,miller and rolle should be off the board at 15. no pac-man please! if we sign a cb do we address the offense. the line is getting old. do we take jammal brown if he is available? also what if alex smith from utah is still available. at one point wasn't he considered a #1?. i saw a draft that had both of those guys picked behind the chiefs
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we would consider a lineman in the first round, but we'd be stupid not to try to grab a couple on day two. I don't think we'd consider Smith, but he might give us a trade down option if maybe Green Bay wanted a shot at him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: