Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edgerrin James possible trade to the 49rs WOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andersong0857

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Edgerrin James possible trade to the 49rs WOW Reply with quote

Whats everybody think about this and what do you know about whats we will have to give for him?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 50/50 on this one would love it because not a big Barlow fan and Edge is a pimp but it may set us right back into cap hell.
olinono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really into this one. Edge is good but he also was a product of a good offense. Who knows what he will do if he doesn't get the right blocking with us? I would rather spend that money elsewhere...
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olinono wrote:
Not really into this one. Edge is good but he also was a product of a good offense. Who knows what he will do if he doesn't get the right blocking with us? I would rather spend that money elsewhere...

I agree I think he going to want a crazy contract. I say bring in running back in round 3 to battle it out with Barlow
andersong0857

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever Edgerrin James could eat any runningback up for breakfast....haha

Actually probably not but I though it fit well here with my picture
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the guy was picked ahead of Ricky Williams and had done better than Marshall Faulk if the guy wasn't such a high priced player I would take a chance on him.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers beleive McCarthy's offensive scheme could help Barlow perform better but I'm all for James or Alexander because they are definately an upgrade. They both can fit in the new scheme. Barlow has a 5 yr contract for something like 24 million which is too much for him so 6 or 7 million a year for one of those two RBs would be better. Then we can trade Barlow and won't have to overpay him. Plus Jamews performed well before the colts offense was even considered to be that good and if you remember when he got there is when they started to become a great offense. Before teir 3 WRs were performing as well as they did James was one of their main targets which could really help are offense because Barlow isn't that great in the pass game.
Montana168

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we need upgrades in so many more places than RB right now. i think we need to keep barlow because of the money invested in him. he will improve greatly with the line this year. we desperately need bigger upgrades somewhere else. WR especially, if we dont get boston. we need a shut down corner, plummer just isnt gettin it done. and we could use another DE and a FS. also some G's.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this trade is funny. Besides the fact that he is schooled in the 3-4, Nolan is switching us to the it because it is cap friendly. After all that, he is going to go screw up our cap with this trade? I don't think so.
theginz2004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Edge would be that great with the 49ers. He needs an offensive line to run behind and we dont have that
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts were never known for their line untill last season they started getting alot more respect but were outshined by the Chargers line because most of them are rookies and supprised everybody they were that good. But I think the Colts line deserves more respect for how it helped the huge offense they had last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: