Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2009 New York Yankees Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an honest question.

When you look at Mark Texeira, does he look like a baseball player to you?

Seriously. This is no indictment on his skills, but he constantly looks like Jared from Subway got his lunch money taken away and he's about to cry.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
quietjets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
I have an honest question.

When you look at Mark Texeira, does he look like a baseball player to you?

Seriously. This is no indictment on his skills, but he constantly looks like Jared from Subway got his lunch money taken away and he's about to cry.

yeah, he looks soft but at least he does not look like a mug shot.
quietjets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10K from SP in a consecutive games. cool
Timbit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a great story to share from last night's game.

So yesterday, Phil Coke was signing autographs for a bunch of Yankees fans for about 20 minutes (I didn't get one unfortunately), and some guy comes up with a Red Sox hat expecting an autograph. Coke takes the ball, looks him straight in the eye, and says you have got to be kidding me. So eventually he signs it, and the Red Sox fan goes "Yankees suck!" Coke goes, "Oh really, because I seem to recall what happened last weekend."

After that, the guy goes, "It doesn't matter, we'll pass you in the standings next Thursday." And Coke goes, "I do believe we have an off-day next Thursday, so it appears you know as much about baseball as most Red Sox fans do."

Phil Coke is pretty much my new hero.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timbit wrote:

So yesterday, Phil Coke was signing autographs for a bunch of Yankees fans for about 20 minutes (I didn't get one unfortunately), and some guy comes up with a Red Sox hat expecting an autograph. Coke takes the ball, looks him straight in the eye, and says you have got to be kidding me. So eventually he signs it, and the Red Sox fan goes "Yankees suck!" Coke goes, "Oh really, because I seem to recall what happened last weekend."

After that, the guy goes, "It doesn't matter, we'll pass you in the standings next Thursday." And Coke goes, "I do believe we have an off-day next Thursday, so it appears you know as much about baseball as most Red Sox fans do."

Phil Coke for President!

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
quietjets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Sox have game this Thursday. However, both teams will have 5 games remainder today and Yanks are heading by 6.5 so thus, it is universally impossible to make it happen. Laughing Laughing Laughing
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timbit wrote:

Have to admit that is pretty funny. Laughing

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
Timbit wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
I love your sig quote, Mesa_Titan.

What makes it even funnier is that you guys are 6th in the MLB for team ERA.

Ahh this thread might be better then the Mariners thread ATM

Living in Seattle all these years, I still can't figure it out. Why do Mariners fans adore Randy Johnson and Griffey, when both demanded trades, while A-Rod just took a much better salary offer than the Mariners were willing to give him.

If a company offered you a job at a much higher salary than you currently have, would anyone expect you to stay at said job because of a loyalty to those who own stock in your company?
I'm sure staying in-division didn't help...
Bingo! and Also Griffey wanted to come closer to home which most people would understand..and The unit we couldn't sign due to our budget but besides we offered Pay-Rod just a little less then the Rangers.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Timbit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:
Timbit wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
I love your sig quote, Mesa_Titan.

What makes it even funnier is that you guys are 6th in the MLB for team ERA.

Ahh this thread might be better then the Mariners thread ATM

Living in Seattle all these years, I still can't figure it out. Why do Mariners fans adore Randy Johnson and Griffey, when both demanded trades, while A-Rod just took a much better salary offer than the Mariners were willing to give him.

If a company offered you a job at a much higher salary than you currently have, would anyone expect you to stay at said job because of a loyalty to those who own stock in your company?
I'm sure staying in-division didn't help...
Bingo! and Also Griffey wanted to come closer to home which most people would understand..and The unit we couldn't sign due to our budget but besides we offered Pay-Rod just a little less then the Rangers.

If I recall, the Mariners' offer for A-Rod really wasn't close at all. Also, technically, A-Rod moved a lot closer to Miami, if we want to play the close to home game, and another significant factor in Griffey wanting to move was the Mariners' departing the Kingdome. Finally, you say that you couldn't pay Johnson, it was the exact same thing with A-Rod, and at least he stayed with the Mariners for the remainder of his contract.

Oh, and using silly little nicknames for A-Rod really isn't helping your argument. I could understand being mad at him for the first couple of years, but to continue to roundly boo him shows little class, and quite a bit of jealousy as well.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timbit wrote:
Also, technically, A-Rod moved a lot closer to Miami, if we want to play the close to home game
Really? You're using this REALLY?

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Timbit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
Timbit wrote:
Also, technically, A-Rod moved a lot closer to Miami, if we want to play the close to home game
Really? You're using this REALLY?

I might as well. Sure, I'm being ridiculous, but having a strong hatred for a player who left almost nine years ago, who has no connections to your city before he was drafted by your team, and left for a much better, and unprecedented contract offer is just as ridiculous.

I'll drop this after this post, as this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know

Said he wasn't just going to the highest bidder ... that he just wanted to play for a contender.

The mariners ended up winning 116 games and Texas finished last the year before so he obviously wanted the money

IDOG_det

#JDI
eagles512

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timbit wrote:

Is a Yankee honestly making fun of Red Sox fans? Granted that Sox fan was a [inappropriate/removed] bag. Dudes gotta take a look in the mirror.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles512 wrote:
Timbit wrote:

Is a Yankee honestly making fun of Red Sox fans? Granted that Sox fan was a - bag. Dudes gotta take a look in the mirror.

You should learn to take these things with a grain of salt and maybe a little humor?

Like the FACK YOUK blog, I find it hilarious even though it's a Yankee blog. If it's funny, it's funny.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Timbit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles512 wrote:
Timbit wrote:

Is a Yankee honestly making fun of Red Sox fans? Granted that Sox fan was a - bag. Dudes gotta take a look in the mirror.

Any Red Sox fan that tries to get an autograph from a Yankee, and vice-versa deserves as much flack as possible.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 94 of 100

Jump to: