Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Draft...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
O-Gun93

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Bears Draft... Reply with quote

As of now, the Bears pick at 4, 39, 100, 131, 166, and 197. Here's a list of players I'd like to see taken at those picks.

4. Mike Williams WR
We still need a WR badly.

39. Matt Jones WR/TE/Alex Smith TE/Kevin Burnett LB
I think we need to shore up the TE position or the OLB position

100. J.J. Arrington RB
Not sure if he'll be available here, but I think he's going to be good and we need a back up to TJ

131. C.J. Brooks OG
Wasn't really sure about this pick. I'd love to see them take Frank Gore here just because Miami RB's tend to be alright, or Adrian McPherson, because I think he will be awesome, but OG is in desperate need of a backup after Brown and Tucker (or was he cut?)

166. Tyler Jones K/ Jonathan Nichols K
We need to improve our kicking situation and give Edinger some competition.

197. Steve Young OG
After the combine, I doubt he'll be available, but he is strong as all get out and everybody needs a seventh round project.

Comments/submissions are welcome.
delakev

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first pick. I would rather see Fason/Arrington/Burnett in the second round. Matt Jones is definately an interesting pick, but I don't think he will be a good blocker. Dangerous weapon, but I think more of a project than we can afford to take on. I do not think Arrington will be there in the 4th. I like your ideas all things covered in order of importance: WR/LB/RB/G/K.

Thanks so much Scar!!
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea but I dont think Brooks will be available in the 5th or JJ in the 4th. I think Delakev had a good list but Burnett probably wont be available, if he was though I would draft him for sure. I am convinced we need a Gaurd if one of the top 2(Bass, Elton Brown) falls to us in the 2nd.

I think Gore would be a nice pick with or 4th or 5th round pick as well.
Injury concerns but great potential.

Obviously I agree with the Mike Williams pick
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys would be nuts not to take a WR at #4...and Williams is the STUD WR this year.

Muhammad will be 32 this season and in 3 years he will be a #2 WR just when Williams is ready to take over the #1 slot (if he's not already)...This also takes a ton of pressure off of Williams for the first year or two.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

williams no doubt
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: