Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick up Darren Sharper to replace Mike Green???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Pick up Darren Sharper to replace Mike Green??? Reply with quote

The Pack released him... might be a good pickup depending on how much $$ he is looking for. What do ya think??
ta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good player. Would love to have him, but too expensive. With Mike Brown and Mike Green at the safety positions I think the Bears are OK. They need to use their remaining money wisely by signing a backup qb and olb.

However, it would be nice to steal a good player from the Packers.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
delakev

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is going to cost too much. I would love to replace Green, but yes it is doubly sweet for him to leave the Pack in his prime.

Thanks so much Scar!!
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before - I'm just not sold on Green. He is an average safety at best. I really think that the other safety position is a bigger concern than the empty OLB position right now.
Ryno53

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Sharper is OVERATED!! There I said it. He is not the same Darren Sharper we saw five years ago. It is as if he's lost a step or two in the past couple of seasons. He is not the pro bowl player he once was.

The problem we're all having is that we remember the Sharper of old, not the one last year that missed tackles and blew coverages. Just look at his stats the last four seasons, they are slowly droping in the key categories. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a really good player. I just don't think he has much left in him, nor is he worth the money.

It doesn't matter anyway, the Bears are strapped for cash now and can only afford a cheap veteran Q and their draft picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: