Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Mock Draft Reply with quote

1. Aaron Rodgers - bay area kid who has the arm, the feet and now the height. Just as tall as steve young is.

2. Ernest Shazor - a very good safety who would be an upgrade to the ones we have. I am not sure about keith lewis but he is a good special teams player. Brandon Poole an option here too.

3. Matt Jones - This guy is a freak! Give him a year and two and he will be a legitimate WR. Lloyd, Battle, Woods, Jones next year. Hopefully we wont keep Lloyd when he becomes a free agent so then it would be Battle, Woods, Jones and Hamilton. I hope Woods blossoms next year but he is going to be more experienced with the offense and hopefully be injury free.
OR
3. Mike Nugent - Great leg and pretty good accuracy. Comes from a very good school and has Big game experience.

4. JJ Arrington - Good RB who can give Rodgers a familiar face in the back field. Rodgers and Arrington tandem worked well at CAL.
OR
4. Frank Gore - This guy played AHEAD of Willis McGhee before injuries put him on the sideline. Yes he has those injuries issues but he is a Miami Hurricane RB. A good risk.

5. Chad Owens or some type of KR and PR - Battle was great last year but I think he will be even more of a threat as a WR. I think every team needs a good KR or PR because of field position. Owens is a good pick here.

What do you guys think?
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft Reply with quote

sportsfevah08 wrote:
1. Aaron Rodgers - bay area kid who has the arm, the feet and now the height. Just as tall as steve young is.

Everyone knows where I stand on this, so I won't beat it to death again.

Quote:
2. Ernest Shazor - a very good safety who would be an upgrade to the ones we have. I am not sure about keith lewis but he is a good special teams player. Brandon Poole an option here too.

He wouldn't be an upgrade to Parrish, but certainly to Heard. I'm not sure he has the speed to be the FS though.

Quote:
3. Matt Jones - This guy is a freak! Give him a year and two and he will be a legitimate WR. Lloyd, Battle, Woods, Jones next year. Hopefully we wont keep Lloyd when he becomes a free agent so then it would be Battle, Woods, Jones and Hamilton. I hope Woods blossoms next year but he is going to be more experienced with the offense and hopefully be injury free.

We already have Arnaz Battle...while Jones is certainly an athlete, this seems high as well.

Quote:
3. Mike Nugent - Great leg and pretty good accuracy. Comes from a very good school and has Big game experience.

I wouldn't mind this at all...Nugent is money.

Quote:
4. JJ Arrington - Good RB who can give Rodgers a familiar face in the back field. Rodgers and Arrington tandem worked well at CAL.

Agreed here too...if we keep Barlow, I wouldn't mind returning to the platoon system he was so effective in with Hearst. Arrington is short, but so were Barry and Emmitt, so whatever I guess.

Quote:
4. Frank Gore - This guy played AHEAD of Willis McGhee before injuries put him on the sideline. Yes he has those injuries issues but he is a Miami Hurricane RB. A good risk.

I'd rather have Arrington. Or Ryan Moats.

Quote:
5. Chad Owens or some type of KR and PR - Battle was great last year but I think he will be even more of a threat as a WR. I think every team needs a good KR or PR because of field position. Owens is a good pick here.

I think Battle can become an elite special teamer. I'd like to see him stay there, because he can be a game breaker in that capacity. In the West Coast Offense, the only MAJOR contributions are from the top 2 receivers. The 3rd receiver usually gets about 30 or 35 catches. I think special teams are unbelievably crucial, and Battle has shown ability.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Arrington will make it to the third, let alone the fourth, but I am with you about Gore, I am hoping the Bears can get him in the 4th.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Young8Rice80

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the niners have 2 3rd round picks..and if they do they are pick #1 and what else
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
We already have Arnaz Battle...while Jones is certainly an athlete, this seems high as well.

I think Battle can become an elite special teamer. I'd like to see him stay there, because he can be a game breaker in that capacity. In the West Coast Offense, the only MAJOR contributions are from the top 2 receivers. The 3rd receiver usually gets about 30 or 35 catches. I think special teams are unbelievably crucial, and Battle has shown ability.

Hey guys Battle will never be a #2 receiver for the 49ers if he could even on another team and Lloyd is young receiver who had a hard time making a name for himself in Erickson idiotic college offense. He was rated way higher than we got him. You will see him shine in McCarthy's offense this year and take that back unless you have a personal vendetta with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: