Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Mystery man on D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: The Mystery man on D Reply with quote

it seems all the talk of switching to 4-3 is focused on Terrell Suggs. a guy that i don't know much about that is also hugely impacted by the defense switchup:
Tony Weaver

i know he was a 2nd round pick out Notre Dame, a 4 year vet. how will he do as a 4-3 pass rusher. in 3-4 his main role was to block for boulware and suggs. is he gonna be good?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that Weaver is a perfect compliment for Suggs. On one end you have Suggs, a great pass rushing end and on the other side you have Weaver, a great run stopping end. That mix allows the LBs (Lewis and Thomas) to cheat to Suggs side to help him in run stopping, and on Weaver's side I would play Boulware. Weaver would take up a couple of blockers to allow Boulware to rush around the outside on pass plays.

I still think that we should look to get a DE in rounds 2-3 to help with the pass rush though, just as a change up, but I really think that Weaver and Suggs will be a great pair of DEs.
matt27j

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Ravens would be switchin to a 4-6 with 2 premier cover corners now.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

46 is definetly a possibilty, especailly since rex ryans father practically invented the 46 formation
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys... the '85 Bears did not have two premier cover corners... you don't need that to run the 4-6 effectively. It really hinges on having a great front seven. The Ravens are on the verge of having that - and a great secondary to boot. They could be a very scary defensive unit this year.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 great CBs are very important because they will almost always be locked in 1 on 1 with one other player at the most with deep help. The corners certainly helps, though i guess its not an absolute necessity.
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Anthony Weaver will be more of a factor as an end in the 4-3. In the 3-4 linemen primarily take up blockers so that the linebackers can make plays. As a 4-3 end Weaver will have a much bigger impact rushing the quarterback, and he could easily get around 8 sacks. He is very good against the run but he can pressure the quarterback too, he is an all-around defensive lineman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: