You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haloti Ngata ideal pick after Kampman signing
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chillparsi1


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 5820
Location: USC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tykraus10 wrote:
there cant be a comparison of Mario williams to Jamal Reynolds, Jamal Reynolds was an undersized end, about 250.....Mario Williams is 6'7" 298 and he is a beast compared to Jamal Reynolds

However, we also know that you have to be willing wo work your [inappropriate/removed] off in the NFL to make it big and there are some questions about Williams dilligence. In addition, if Williams was really SUCH a physical monster then shouldn't he have manhandled college OT's? And if your argument is that he was double teamed, guess what, he could face that in the NFL too with better lineman.
I know I sound like I hate Mario but eventhough I'd prefer Hawk I'd still love Mario. My point, however, is that size alone wont make a difference. DE, IMO, is the second biggest crap shoot position in the draft. Busts are quite common from the DE position.
_________________

Stone65 with the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfback007


FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 2303
Location: ZA WARUDO
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
tykraus10 wrote:
there cant be a comparison of Mario williams to Jamal Reynolds, Jamal Reynolds was an undersized end, about 250.....Mario Williams is 6'7" 298 and he is a beast compared to Jamal Reynolds

However, we also know that you have to be willing wo work your - off in the NFL to make it big and there are some questions about Williams dilligence. In addition, if Williams was really SUCH a physical monster then shouldn't he have manhandled college OT's? And if your argument is that he was double teamed, guess what, he could face that in the NFL too with better lineman.
I know I sound like I hate Mario but eventhough I'd prefer Hawk I'd still love Mario. My point, however, is that size alone wont make a difference. DE, IMO, is the second biggest crap shoot position in the draft. Busts are quite common from the DE position.


Very Good point.

Although I'd rather pick Mario over Hawk.... I couldn't blame TT for picking Hawk.

Hawk is the lowest risk of all the picks in the draft, where he may not be the best, he can be Very good.

TT has a job, you know.....

It's to build the most competitive football team within a set amount of time.


On the topic... I would't hate TT if he picked Ngata either.
He is the type of player that rarely comes with his size and athleticism. Especially for his position
_________________
Al Davis. Trolling Raiders fans since 1963.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
onemoreyearfor4


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 964
Location: Deerfield, IL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
Carch_Packers28 wrote:

P.S Collins isn't the next Polamalu

Okay
.

CATFIGHT GOIN ON!!! Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
packerfan466230


Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 7407
Location: UCLA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
Carch_Packers28 wrote:

P.S Collins isn't the next Polamalu

Okay
.

CATFIGHT GOIN ON!!! Applause


Woof!woof!
I mean
reeear!reeear! Laughing
_________________

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group