You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This will blow your mind...I think

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: This will blow your mind...I think Reply with quote

I just had an idea when I was thinking about the Seahawks matching the Vique's offer for Steve Hutchinson.
The Seahwaks have 1 week to match and the match isn't going to happen until the 4 day or later, maybe.
If anything has been proven, the FAs are being snatched up quick.
MY POINT: The Vikings will be in a stalemate, becuase they can't sign many more players, becuase of the Hutch deal being matched or not matched, so the Viques will have to wait to sign guys until Seattle's time limit is over.
TT has a small niche to sign big time guys now, w/o worring about the Viqueens bashing in, like JP or Ayodele, etc.
Do you get what I'm saying?

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah makes sense, but keep in mind, the Vikings cannonballed into FA, making a huge splash. Their hope is Hutchinson being the crown jewel, so to speak. They could end up with some decent upgrades.

Trading Culpepper will free up some cash, I'm fairly sure, but that's their big problem, Unless they can convince him to stay, which I'm not sure either side wants to. They need a QB.

I'll throw another thought out there.

Think Dennis Green would mind swaping 10 for 17 to get Culpepper? Wouldn't that be "worth" a 2nd? Culpepper, with those WR and Edge?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barnett56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really good point. The Vikings still have about 20 million, but they still won't be able to sign as many as they might.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this interesting to anyone else?
We have about a week to make offers and pik guys up, while the Viques are sitting, waiting, wishing on Seahawks response.
I hope the Seahawks wait until the end of their time limit to do so.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
tdub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we still have about ten mil. and the only other guy were looking at is either dexter jackson or will demps, who will come cheap. if we lost out on hutch i'd expect maybe JP, but i dont think we will...

...and were still waiting for you guys to sign someone period. manuel aint gonna wow anybody thats for sure...

who are you guys pursuing out of curiousity?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdub wrote:
who are you guys pursuing out of curiousity?

I hate to confess it to a Vikes fan (even a respectable one) that it appears we are pursuing nobody right now our GM hasn't made any moves. Its either brilliance beyond belief or insanity and stupidity...we still don't know which. We are hoping he's going after Vinateri (sp?) because we have no kicker and he's used to cold weather but nobody is being persued I think.

Stone65 with the sig!
tdub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya thats what i dont get myself. considering you guys have THE most cap room, you'd think you guys would be in the hunt for some people.

to be honest, i could see you guys winding up with JP, and if you also nabbed hawk....man you guys would have one bada$$ LB corp with JP, hawk and barnett. that'd be a LB corp with teeth. your defense would be set. you would just have some interior line issues, the walker issue, and whether green can bounce back (which i think he could if you guys fix ur line a little bit)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdub wrote:
ya thats what i dont get myself. considering you guys have THE most cap room, you'd think you guys would be in the hunt for some people.

to be honest, i could see you guys winding up with JP, and if you also nabbed hawk....man you guys would have one bada$$ LB corp with JP, hawk and barnett. that'd be a LB corp with teeth. your defense would be set. you would just have some interior line issues, the walker issue, and whether green can bounce back (which i think he could if you guys fix ur line a little bit)

Respect on the thoughtful responses.
We would have a BAMF(ing) LB corps, though huh?

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle also is in limbo. I like that.

By the way, speaking of Seattle, how would DT Rocky Bernard look in green & gold ?
The last I saw of him though, he was pulling up lame with the pulled hammy in the Super Bowl trying to get out and block on the Int return in the end zone on Roethlisberger. But I hear he's solid, and much younger than Gravy.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SterlingSharpe wrote:
Seattle also is in limbo. I like that.

By the way, speaking of Seattle, how would DT Rocky Bernard look in green & gold ?
The last I saw of him though, he was pulling up lame with the pulled hammy in the Super Bowl trying to get out and block on the Int return in the end zone on Roethlisberger. But I hear he's solid, and much younger than Gravy.

He might be younger, but he's not as big and effective as Grady was.
Also, Grady has been contacted by 5 teams, but hasn't set up a meeting yet. Teams are disclosed. THAT'S ALL IN MY OWN WORDS.
Source: www.kffl.com

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: