Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fred Gibson in the Second

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Fred Gibson in the Second Reply with quote

If the bears somehow pickup Ronnie Brown or a RB with the fourth, how about Fred Gibson in the Second round. From the scouting he has the same skills as Chris Henry without the headaches. Henry was supposed to be a Moss-lite, and i think Gibson has that potential of a lower level moss. What do you think?
Pdogg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched this Gibson Kid play a many of times he definantly has all the tools.I hope we take DJ in the first round if not trade down for multiple pics.If we do take a WR i hope it's Williams Big ten recievers scare me.
Ryno53

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's think of the last WR with great tools and came from Georgia. hmmmm... was it, oh yes, DEZ WHITE!

No, actually I like Gibson a lot. He might be a good second round pick.

I can't stand Braylon Edwards. I don't understand the hype behind him. I watch a lot of Big Ten football and he did nothing to wow me. Roy Williams went 7th last year and he's twice the player Edwards will ever be. Braylon's certainly not worth #4.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree with your opinion on Braylon. His main advantage over Williams is his overall speed, but if he gets injured and his legs slow down, who do you think will have the longer career? I hope the bears pick William if they are going offense, but if the bears faked us out and take Derrick Johnson, Fred Gibson, and Cedric Houston i would be ecstatic. I think DJ is the top prospect in the draft, and i wish the bears had a better offense so they could pick him up. If hte bears would just pick up Najeh davenport to relieve themselves of the running back need then they wouldn't even have to pick up one in the draft. he's a lot more proven too.
duh bears!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Georgia play and Reggie Brown really impressed me.
He's more athetic, catches everything, he just doesn't have the size of Gibson.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Clayton is a more polished receiver who matches Williamson's speed, but Clayton is not going to be even close to Troy's draft position. the main reason: size. If Mike Williams were 3 inches shorter(same size as Braylone)do you think he would even be thinking top 5? Hell no, Williams would be top 15 at that height and Edwards would have the considerable advantage. Players taller than 6'2" with decent talent are hard to find.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Fred Gibson, he is such an underacheiver. He looks like he could be a good WR but everytime you watch him he sucks. I see Gibson as a 3rd round player not early 2nd, not very good hands.

IMO I like Reggie Brown a lot more, but I still dont think he warrants a high 2nd round pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: