You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Had enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdevine777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone explain to me how Rashard Lee was a good free agent pickup???????? Can you honestly say that with a straight face!
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdevine777 wrote:
Someone explain to me how Rashard Lee was a good free agent pickup???????? Can you honestly say that with a straight face!

Yes, I can. For about two minutes or until he tried to hang onto the ball.
duxrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:
I can appreciate your passion, but to say that "despite what Seattle says", he stinks doesn't make sense.

They watched him all year in every game

I knew someone was going to throw this out there yes they wacthed him for the few games he started but fans don't always know when a player is crappy in coverage or not. I have seen this guy play and I know what type of player he is and he is a backup player at the best. He is a good add as far as depth wise goes but for a stater no way.

Good God you do love yourself don't you Kiwi. You think that because you saw him play in 2003 when Roman beat him out that you got a better gauge on him than what some fan from Seattle does, because "fans don't always know when a player is crappy in coverage or not."????? What do you know about the people that are saying that they don't want to see him leave Seattle? Are they bank managers or something that makes you think they don't have a clue, or you just so high on you that only your view counts???? Rolling Eyes
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good God you do love yourself don't you Kiwi. You think that because you saw him play in 2003 when Roman beat him out that you got a better gauge on him than what some fan from Seattle does, because "fans don't always know when a player is crappy in coverage or not."????? What do you know about the people that are saying that they don't want to see him leave Seattle? Are they bank managers or something that makes you think they don't have a clue, or you just so high on you that only your view counts????

Well smart mouth I think I know more then them because I happen to play safety and I study on players in college and the NFL to help further my game and from what I have seen out of this guy it was crappy. Heck just look at this years stats compared to Roman. You think he will take Romans job then your crazy. Fans don't always know how good a player is they like him because he had 78 tackles. He has never had a single INT and after playing four years even as a back up you should atleast have one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:
Good God you do love yourself don't you Kiwi. You think that because you saw him play in 2003 when Roman beat him out that you got a better gauge on him than what some fan from Seattle does, because "fans don't always know when a player is crappy in coverage or not."????? What do you know about the people that are saying that they don't want to see him leave Seattle? Are they bank managers or something that makes you think they don't have a clue, or you just so high on you that only your view counts????

Well smart mouth I think I know more then them because I happen to play safety and I study on players in college and the NFL to help further my game and from what I have seen out of this guy it was crappy. Heck just look at this years stats compared to Roman. You think he will take Romans job then your crazy. Fans don't always know how good a player is they like him because he had 78 tackles. He has never had a single INT and after playing four years even as a back up you should atleast have one.

He grabbed 2 in the playoffs Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scannell1 wrote:
You hit the nail right on the head. Shermans inability to evaluate talent and his giving contracts to the like of Joe Johnson and Cletius Hunt tied TT's hands. As for letting Wahle and Rivera go, it was a necessity. Wahle had an 11 mil cap number and then got a HUGE offer from Carolina. Would you have rather had a G take up a tenth of our cap room? Rivera is old and giving him a long term deal doesnt fit with the youth movement on the team. I guess the question is this, Do you want to be the Redskins and Vikings, teams who go out and spend huge every year in FA or do you want to be the Eagles/Patriots, teams who take care of their own and get solid cheap players in FA. Spending big doesnt = wins. When was the last time a team went big in FA and won the SB the next year? I dont remember it ever being done. Even when we got White it took guys like Eugene Robinson to get us over the top

Yes I would rather be an Eagles or Patriots than a Redskins or Vikings but what I'm tryna say makes sense. Hear me out. The Eagles and Patriots both have had HUGE FA signings that have really contributed. The Eagles got TO and he immediately took them to the promise land. Corey Dillon has been so important to the Patriots SuperBowl runs. That is what I'm saying. We need one or two big name players not 4 or 5.

Now I know what u meant KiwiFan. I don't think that it will be too difficult for Manuel to beat out a garbage and aging Mark Roman.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:

Looks like that ends that part of ur discussion. Apparently u haven't watched enough of him KiwiFan. He had 2 in games where he actually got to play and in games that actually mattered.
msmre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
scannell1 wrote:
You hit the nail right on the head. Shermans inability to evaluate talent and his giving contracts to the like of Joe Johnson and Cletius Hunt tied TT's hands. As for letting Wahle and Rivera go, it was a necessity. Wahle had an 11 mil cap number and then got a HUGE offer from Carolina. Would you have rather had a G take up a tenth of our cap room? Rivera is old and giving him a long term deal doesnt fit with the youth movement on the team. I guess the question is this, Do you want to be the Redskins and Vikings, teams who go out and spend huge every year in FA or do you want to be the Eagles/Patriots, teams who take care of their own and get solid cheap players in FA. Spending big doesnt = wins. When was the last time a team went big in FA and won the SB the next year? I dont remember it ever being done. Even when we got White it took guys like Eugene Robinson to get us over the top

Yes I would rather be an Eagles or Patriots than a Redskins or Vikings but what I'm tryna say makes sense. Hear me out. The Eagles and Patriots both have had HUGE FA signings that have really contributed. The Eagles got TO and he immediately took them to the promise land. Corey Dillon has been so important to the Patriots SuperBowl runs. That is what I'm saying. We need one or two big name players not 4 or 5.

Now I know what u meant KiwiFan. I don't think that it will be too difficult for Manuel to beat out a garbage and aging Mark Roman.

Both Dillon and Owens were trades.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
scannell1 wrote:

Both Dillon and Owens were trades.

And? They were still acquistions, something TT apparently has no interest in doing.
epackfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scannell1 wrote:

I think TT should take care of his own. After that, maybe he can tinker in free agency. Players are leaving more than they should be. I think it's what he wanted all along. It's the first thing Wolf did was gut the team and bring in his own guys. Again it's Wolf 101.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like that ends that part of ur discussion. Apparently u haven't watched enough of him KiwiFan. He had 2 in games where he actually got to play and in games that actually mattered.

Yep I missed those games but even though he had two in the playoffs that still amounts to zero in his career. Sorry I would much rather have a guy who can perform more during the season the just step up in the playoffs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: