You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VIKINGS spending their $ MONEY Fast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Quote:
The Twins, despite two World Series wins, almost were contracted along with Montreal by commisioner Bud Selig, but were saved at the last minute because of Metrodome contractual obligations. Pohlad wanted them to be freed from that hellhole.

Didnt the Braves call wisconsin home at one time....Yeah back when Hank Aaron played. You'd think a team with the all time home run king would have no problems staying where they were at Rolling Eyes

Vikey,

I think yer just seeing some frustrated Packer fans, that's all. You guys did well to sign Taylor and Longwell.

Hey Haus,

I know how this time of year gets...I was just trying to rile someone up. You know I love you guys over here!!

If the Packers and their fans didnt exist there would be nobody fun left to beat..
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
hauschild wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Quote:
The Twins, despite two World Series wins, almost were contracted along with Montreal by commisioner Bud Selig, but were saved at the last minute because of Metrodome contractual obligations. Pohlad wanted them to be freed from that hellhole.

Didnt the Braves call wisconsin home at one time....Yeah back when Hank Aaron played. You'd think a team with the all time home run king would have no problems staying where they were at Rolling Eyes

Vikey,

I think yer just seeing some frustrated Packer fans, that's all. You guys did well to sign Taylor and Longwell.

Hey Haus,

I know how this time of year gets...I was just trying to rile someone up. You know I love you guys over!!

Let me know when you lock-up Hutch. We might have to institute a mass suicide watch on our forum.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be an incredible pick up but I just dont see how Seattle could even consider letting this guy go no matter how much we offer. If I were betting on it I say he says with Seattle
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle fans are lucky TT isn't in Seattle, because there's no way he would match the Vikings offer.
tiner3682

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else starting to feel like we are the Vikings' minor league development team? Two years in a row now they pick up one of our best players in free agency. Just makes it more frustrating to see former Packers takin' it to us every year.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiner3682 wrote:
Is anyone else starting to feel like we are the Vikings' minor league development team? Two years in a row now they pick up one of our best players in free agency. Just makes it more frustrating to see former Packers takin' it to us every year.

Hey man you guys stole Gilbert Brown from us a number of years ago....That worked out pretty well in your favor!!
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Quote:

Vikey,

Well, if they had Longwell last year and we had Edinger, we would have won both games. So It all worked out perfect as we get to pick #5 and ger Mario or Hawk, and they are at 20 or something, like we normally are. Longwell lost it when Pederson left. Douggy was his tee like on the driving range.

By the way, did he bring up something about the Milwaukee Braves? My gosh, I am 36 and that's like another two generations ago.
And of course the Viking fans are happy when they are winning, but when they lose, they abandon them faster than any city. I remember 1998 very well. The few true die hard Viking fans there (a few of my best friends still today) in the Twin Cities were very jealous of the recent two Super Bowl appearances of the Packers, and all the Packer fans in the area. At the beginning of that 1998 season, Viking home games were STILL BLACKED OUT LOCALLY half the time, and it took KARE 11, or someone else, to purchase the tickets at the last minute so it could be aired.

But then thanks to Ron Wolf passing on the talented Randy Moss for the larger body in Von Holliday, the Vikings ripped up the league and started like 8-0, or 10-0, and all of a sudden here came a lot of new Viking fans.
Where'd they come from? Florida, Arizona, Hawaii? Did a lot of people retire up North for the winter?

Meanwhile, I am still #32,387 on the Packers season ticket waiting list. There's your loyalty difference.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SterlingSharpe wrote:
hauschild wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Quote:

Vikey,

Well, if they had Longwell last year and we had Edinger, we would have won both games. So It all worked out perfect as we get to pick #5 and ger Mario or Hawk, and they are at 20 or something, like we normally are. Longwell lost it when Pederson left. Douggy was his tee like on the driving range.

By the way, did he bring up something about the Milwaukee Braves? My gosh, I am 36 and that's like another two generations ago.
And of course the Viking fans are happy when they are winning, but when they lose, they abandon them faster than any city. I remember 1998 very well. The few true die hard Viking fans there (a few of my best friends still today) in the Twin Cities were very jealous of the recent two Super Bowl appearances of the Packers, and all the Packer fans in the area. At the beginning of that 1998 season, Viking home games were STILL BLACKED OUT LOCALLY half the time, and it took KARE 11, or someone else, to purchase the tickets at the last minute so it could be aired.

But then thanks to Ron Wolf passing on the talented Randy Moss for the larger body in Von Holliday, the Vikings ripped up the league and started like 8-0, or 10-0, and all of a sudden here came a lot of new Viking fans.
Where'd they come from? Florida, Arizona, Hawaii? Did a lot of people retire up North for the winter?

Meanwhile, I am still #32,387 on the Packers season ticket waiting list. There's your loyalty difference.

Every team has bandwagon fans and the Packers are no different. 1998 we only lost to Tampa during the regular season by a measly 3 points....ah what a year. Vikings home games have been sold out ever since!! Atlanta was a heck of a team that year. We should have won the game if not for a missed FG by Gary Anderson. Many people feel we could have beaten the Broncos. We'll never know.....
But anyways every team goes through times where the fan base isnt as strong as it should be...Im sure the Packers of the 1980's had some issues. The Vikings of the 90's weren't great but we still won division championships. We had a coach who refused to sign autograph which in this state is a big snub at the fans. That was also when we were one and done in the playoffs every year so I can imagine people not getting estatic about seeing the Vikes play.
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Every team has bandwagon fans and the Packers are no different. .....

But anyways every team goes through times where the fan base isnt as strong as it should be...Im sure the Packers of the 1980's had some issues. The Vikings of the 90's weren't great but we still won division championships. That was also when we were one and done in the playoffs every year so I can imagine people not getting estatic about seeing the Vikes play.

Well at least you were still making the playoffs....almost went to the Super Bowl in the late 80's but Darren Nelson dropped the pass from Wade Wilson in the end zone at Washington..... and you are correct, WE WERE HORRIBLE throughout almost the whole 70's, 80's and early 90's until Favre got there. BUT THATS MY POINT, we still had SEASON TICKETS SOLD OUT, and a WAITING LIST BUILDING...... as I still know.

That's what I am trying to illustrate to anyone not from Minnesota. I was in Minnesota through all those years. I saw it day after day.

I will admit I have a couple of friends, not in Arizona and Memphis, who are die-hard Viking fans, just as I am a Packer fan. I give them credit. They always root for their team, and root against my team. That's a pure, natural rivalry that I can appreciate. But because we have 3 rings, there will always be some jealousy.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SterlingSharpe wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Every team has bandwagon fans and the Packers are no different. .....

But anyways every team goes through times where the fan base isnt as strong as it should be...Im sure the Packers of the 1980's had some issues. The Vikings of the 90's weren't great but we still won division championships. That was also when we were one and done in the playoffs every year so I can imagine people not getting estatic about seeing the Vikes play.

Well at least you were still making the playoffs....almost went to the Super Bowl in the late 80's but Darren Nelson dropped the pass from Wade Wilson in the end zone at Washington..... and you are correct, WE WERE HORRIBLE throughout almost the whole 70's, 80's and early 90's until Favre got there. BUT THATS MY POINT, we still had SEASON TICKETS SOLD OUT, and a WAITING LIST BUILDING...... as I still know.

That's what I am trying to illustrate to anyone not from Minnesota. I was in Minnesota through all those years. I saw it day after day.

I will admit I have a couple of friends, not in Arizona and Memphis, who are die-hard Viking fans, just as I am a Packer fan. I give them credit. They always root for their team, and root against my team. That's a pure, natural rivalry that I can appreciate. But because we have 3 rings, there will always be some jealousy.

Well every year we don't win the Superbowl I remeber the name of trophy and it softens the blow a little.....Lombardi in Minnesota just doesnt sound right. When we win it we'll have to call it something else for that year. Maybe "The Bud Grant trophy" or "The Trophy The Packers Didn't Win This Season"
hwk1724

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much money do the vikings have to sign hutchinson
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hwk1724 wrote:
how much money do the vikings have to sign hutchinson

I think we are sitting at 24-25 milion left in cap space give or take a few million.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
Vikey,

thanks for the realism.

and you guys will get to judge our signings personally next year. twice.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hauschild wrote:
Vikey,

thanks for the realism.

and you guys will get to judge our signings personally next year. twice.

Ah, Hutchinson...phenomenal sign by the Vikings. Clearly, Minnesota is serious about winning football games and they don't care how they look doing it, unlike some GM's I know.

It really isn't rocket science, NFL success, ya know? You pay the players that have the biggest impact on winning.

Man, I just can't begin to tell you what a great pickup Hutch is. I think that one might be the nail in Brett's comeback coffin. Doggonit!
aquenzer_3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don''t know why you all bash Mewelde Moore, he never got a chance to play because bennett got overplayed. But when he got to play he did fantastic, he started eight games and had 662 yards at 4.3 yards a carry. The year before, he started 3 games and had 400 yards. Including 5.3 yards a carry. Then we sign chester taylor, who started 4 games in 04 and had 700 yards. Then we go out and offer Hutch a contract, we may get him, birk back, mckinnie, all on the left side. I believe you are just a little scared.

Sig by me, request one if ya like!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: