Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions irrational exuberance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Los Osos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Lions irrational exuberance Reply with quote

I live near Detroit now (unfortunately) and Lions fans really think that they have something special going on. I know that the Bears haven't done much in the last five seasons, but come on!

Any wagers on where the Lions finish next year?
delakev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering the Packers didn't have a defense last year, Brett is aging, and the fact that they are in salary cap hell, (goodbye Darren Sharper, and 3 starters from the O-line) I think GB is in some serious trouble. Minnesota refuses to sign a free agent, they lost Randy Moss, it will be nice for Viking fans to see that they don't have 3 of the best backs in the league, just that Randy would bring all the defenders out of the box. I am assuming that their defense will be much improved and they will have to grind out points. The Bears have a top 5 defense, if they can fill in the holes of SS and OLB, they could be even scarier. Our question is our offense. Assuming Rex stays healthy, assuming Moose can catch 80-100 balls, assuming we find a runningback who can split duties with Thomas Jones, our offense could be 20-25 points a game, but again there are a lot of assumptions. Detriot feels like a million bucks in this division. They have 2 great wide recievers, but one is always hurt, and Roy got hurt as well. They have a good young back, who has great vision, but looks a little small to me. They also have a QB controversy. Their D is above average but not great. An above average offense, and an above average defense might be enough to win the division. I just hope our O comes to play this year and we can shut them up.

Thanks so much Scar!!
The Revolution

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions irrational exuberance Reply with quote

Los Osos wrote:
Any wagers on where the Lions finish next year?

I would bet you they come in last.... but I just want you to know that 60% of the time I'm right every time Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: