Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

top 5 bucs picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevethepirate22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: top 5 bucs picks Reply with quote

these our my top 5 bucs picks... i think with the 5th pick we should think in this order...

1. Derrick Johnson- Just a stud and can always improve a strong defense.
2. Mike Williams- Him and Clayton would just be scary
3. Braylon Edwards- Bout as athletic as they come
4. Cedric Benson or Ronnie Brown- i still think they should trade down and then draft one of these two.
5. Alex Barron- not worth the 5th pick but wouldnt mind dropping down to 9 or so and gain a pick and gettin much needed OL help

i dont feel we should really draft a back with our 5th pick just because with our second round pick we could get faison or another solid back...Anyone else got any opinions or suggestions?
bullitt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion we should pick alex smith if he is available
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a featured back like Cedric Benson or Ronnie Brown. But if we address that in FA we should go with Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, or Alex Barron.
tdfast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we go with a feature back. Go Cadillac Williams and sign Jerry Porter. That's better than drafting Mike Williams and signing LaMont Jordan, though that's not a bad second option.
haggis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike WIlliams
Derrick Johnson
Ronnie Brown

or
Trade Down a look for -
Elton Brown
Carnell WIlliams
Khalif Barnes
Troy WIlliamson
wquez7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: top 5 bucs picks Reply with quote

stevethepirate22 wrote:
these our my top 5 bucs picks... i think with the 5th pick we should think in this order...

1. Derrick Johnson- Just a stud and can always improve a strong defense.
2. Mike Williams- Him and Clayton would just be scary
3. Braylon Edwards- Bout as athletic as they come
4. Cedric Benson or Ronnie Brown- i still think they should trade down and then draft one of these two.
5. Alex Barron- not worth the 5th pick but wouldnt mind dropping down to 9 or so and gain a pick and gettin much needed OL help

i dont feel we should really draft a back with our 5th pick just because with our second round pick we could get faison or another solid back...Anyone else got any opinions or suggestions?

This is exactly the same top 5 I want. Maybe flip 1 & 2 cuz Mike Williams is from Tampa, and I would rather watch a team score than keep from scoreing. Plus, Clayton, Galloway, and Williams could be up there with the Colts as long as Williams plays like he did 2 years ago, Clayton plays like he did last year, and Galloway stays healthy. We would have the all round guy (Clayton), the Big guy (Williams), and the fast guy (Galloway). + Gruden = Scary.

I might also replace #4 Benson with Rolle, because Benson does not fit Grudens system. Also, we just restructured 3 RB's, so there are greater areas of concern. Plus, now that Edwards, and D. Smith are gone we may want to address the secondary. Gold is also gone, and Rolle could possibly play LB if he had to in Monte's scheme.

Our D was good last year, but if we added a first round D player, (DJ, Rolle), we would simply be dominant again. But, I think Gruden is tired of people saying he has not done anything with the O, and he is suppose to be an offensive minded coach.

I would keep Baron at #5 because I go to fsu and I wouldnt mind seeing another nole in red and pewter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: