Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest Need on Defense...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Todd Johnson could be a very good safety coming out of college... whew - wrong on that one.

Any decent safetys left on the free agent market??? I'm just not sold on Green as the starter.
dacoach13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potentia_ceteri, i dont know why you can call shazor a project when he was a starter for two+ years at michigan and a 1st team all-american. why not take a player who has the much higher upside? brimmer displayed poor speed (i think the worst 40 of the safties) at the combine. i know that 40 speed isnt everything but playing the ss position he will struggle to cover rb's and te's. i think brimmer will make a team because like you said he is smart and gives top effort, but i believe he will be a career backup who excells on special teams. my belief is shazor will be an all pro while brimmer could be an adequate starter at best.
BearsGURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that RW is that bad. I know that his tackling sucks but that is only because he does not wrap when he tackles. Tackling problems can be fixed but with Green he sucks at everything. Sucking can't be fixed. Other than the tackling problems he is a good DB and he makes big plays when they are needed.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Shazor has a chance to be something special(possibly Rodney Harrison), why pick up a SS in the second when you have more pressing needs. Ciatrick Fason at RB or Alex Smith at TE would be better selections and are of equal or greater value than Shazor. Fason has the potential of Edgerrin James before the muscle and Smith could be the next Dallas Clark, not an unbelieveable athlete but a extremely reliable TE in all aspects(I don't see much drop off from Miller). The point I was trying to make is that IF Brimmer drops enough to be picked up in the fourth, I say go for it. I think he could develop into a good starter, much better than Mike Green. But don't get me wrong, Shazor would be a decent pickup in the 2nd if it was a true need, but as of today, the fact that Shazor is stiff in coverage and a slow accelarator and thefact that the bears might sign Holdman, would diminish his versatility. I believe the bears safeties are good ENOUGH to lead them to wins, his best bet would be to fill in at OLB, but with Holdman that might be in a backup role.
FuxJustAWord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Garbage Reply with quote

I have to say that mc25 for garbage. I watched every Bears game and i saw him constantly mess up when he was in. He missed tackles, missed coverage, only good plays were punt returns. I think we should just drop his old [inappropriate/removed] and go in with the core we got, once Brown is back plus Green is alright, we got very colorful safteys to secure the defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: