Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Burress A Giant Tomorrow?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigbloo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burress had the flu so he called and rescheduled. I guess its winter time in Miami Smile
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't have the Flu, he was spending quality time with his new QB, Daunte Culpepper.

It's True, It's Da** True (since we're on the wrestling kick).
RoyWillKnockYouOut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joro... your an idiot... your embarresing the rest of your teams fans... and dont worry, i'll be back once the season starts... harrasing the [inappropriate/removed] out of you, because i cant stand you now... friggin moron Twisted Evil

Don't be jealous.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Eagles are interested now and the Steelers would always have the option of matching the offer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Stalling Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Burress is just stalling and the Eagles don't have the cap room anyway. The Vikings are warm at best not matter what Dante thinks. The Giants will not be getting a WR in the second round unless they trade down! Chris Henry had what was described as the worst interview of the combine, which counts for alot. He was described as miserable person who blamed everyone else for the problems in his life. The Giants will sign a free agent WR.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawrence Taylor had lots of problems. I don't see why we can't take a chance on him. Maybe a few hard knocks in the NFL and he'll realize a few things. But because he had one of the worst interviews he could possibly fall to us in the third round.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By The Way, The Eagles seem to have more Cap room than us. I don't follow their signings but I haven't heard of any big names but I think ours is currently on here before the signings of Pierce and McKenzie.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: By the way! Reply with quote

That data is a week old! If you add Warner $ 5 million and Hilliard's $ 750,000 , then that figure is $15 Million. Plus the Eagles have'nt signed their franchise tag yet, so subtract 6 million from their figure, leaving just over 3 million a year. They are done until the draft! The Giants are in the pole position to get Burress. I still think David Terrell would be a great plan B and I hope the Giants are talking to that guy too.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you heard they are talking to Terrell? I would be thrilled if they sign him. I think he can really turn his career around with the Giants. As you said, the information is a week old so it doesn't include the signing of McKenzie or Pierce either and they were big signings so I am sure it takes a lot of it away anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both contracts have deferred money tho, so the dont really significantly affect our cap at all. im guessing our current space is anywhere from 7 mil to 11 mill.

news on burress... due to the lack of interest, he now is probably just gonna shoot for a one year deal, and try to bank it big next year. stay tuned, but i think by tomorrow he is a giant.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: