Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Collins, QB of the 3-4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
How quick all the communication problems from last season are forgotten. Week in and week out last year we heard 2 things on a frustratingly consistent basis - pad level and communication breakdown. I for one can't fathom how you can still have communication issues in week 13 - but we did. That points to IQ. Sure you can score low on the Wonderlic and still have a football IQ - its possible. But more often than not - if it looks like a bag of doorknobs, and acts like a bag of doorknobs, its a bag of doorknobs

I'm no expert, but I would venture a guess and say that in order for Dom to create chaos up front, you had better be air tight on the back end. I think TT telling Collins' agent that they are ready to move on without him says an awful lot, and I agree with him. The most overrated Packer is Collins IMO.

His IQ is a problem at the Pro Bowl money he is going to ask for and his IQ is a problem even at bargain basement money and I think TT knows this and with the multitude of guys coming up for contract, Collins will soon find himself on the outside looking in.
Say hello to Anthony Smith. On a different forum i mentioned that we can live withoput Collins and that with Smith having played in the very D that we are installing his whole career, I see Smith as the starting FS for us in 09' with Collins being traded. People will point to Smith and his attitude problem but the talent is definitely there and with Capers and Darren Perry (who coached Smith in Pittsburgh) coaching him up i see him as a future superstar.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Last edited by Ketchup on Sun May 24, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
pGunner

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People feel as though Anthony Smith's best spot is SS, not FS. I think that's why we signed him. To me, that means that we're more likely to lose Bigby next offseason than Collins, since they both hit the market.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Nick as the QB of the defense he is very football smart and knows how to make the correct calls.

~Mozilla on the sig~
Waldo

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you guys are so gullible.

When did the JS become the authority on Dom's defense that has never yet seen the field? You know, the same guys that not a month ago did not realize that there was a difference between a 1 gap front and a 2 gap front, and which one we would be running more (despite the comments from our coaching staff).

Personally I think that AJ is going to be the green dot man.

Ho does the FS adjust the play calls for the OLB's when the O is at the line?

When the JS starts talking scheme, time to get out the salt shaker, you'll be eating a lot of it.

Title Town USA wrote:
Waldo was right!
bstars4evr

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the article said that were blitzing 8 guys every single play...

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
So what if the Dos Equis' man told me I was the world's most interesting man
Willink

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bstars4evr wrote:

The Green Bay press: where facts are optional.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Xx KiLLa G X

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
How does the secondary in a 3-4 differ from a secondary in a 4-3? Is there that much of a difference or is it entirely based on scheme? I've always wondered.

Generally, 3-4 teams use more zone coverage becuase if you don't have great man coverage and your failling to get any presssure on the quarterback, your defense is going to get litten up. But it's either Pittsburgh or Baltimore that runs a 3-4 defense with a man variation. I'd expect to see both man and zone coverage.

Baltimore is the team that uses heavy man coverage in their defensive scheme.

People need to realize that the change isn't going to be a night/day difference, especially these first couple years. It's a hybrid defense that will be tailored to fit our personnel.

Hawk or Barnett will be the QB of this defense because the play-changes, if any, will be a long the front 7.

EDIT: I would also like to add that we should all expect to see Al Harris and Charles Woodson doing their usual bump-n-run man coverage that we've all grown to love, in case that wasn't made clear yet.

Rashaan
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx KiLLa G X wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
How does the secondary in a 3-4 differ from a secondary in a 4-3? Is there that much of a difference or is it entirely based on scheme? I've always wondered.

Generally, 3-4 teams use more zone coverage becuase if you don't have great man coverage and your failling to get any presssure on the quarterback, your defense is going to get litten up. But it's either Pittsburgh or Baltimore that runs a 3-4 defense with a man variation. I'd expect to see both man and zone coverage.

People need to realize that the change isn't going to be a night/day difference, especially these first couple years. It's a hybrid defense that will be tailored to fit our personnel.

Hawk or Barnett will be the QB of this defense because the play-changes, if any, will be a long the front 7.

EDIT: I would also like to add that we should all expect to see Al Harris and Charles Woodson doing their usual bump-n-run man coverage that we've all grown to love, in case that wasn't made clear yet.
Are CBs will still play some bump and run but if you expect them to play it as much as before than you are wrong. The CBs will play a lot more zone than in previous years. It's a lot harder for a zone CB to play press than it is for a press CB to play zone. I fully expect are CBs to do just fine.

Kempes on the custom sig!
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
bstars4evr wrote:

The Green Bay press: where facts are optional.

JS is worse than GBPG, but not by much. Laughing

Sig brought to you by Justo
AJHawkTheFuture

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:

When did the JS become the authority on Dom's defense that has never yet seen the field? You know, the same guys that not a month ago did not realize that there was a difference between a 1 gap front and a 2 gap front, and which one we would be running more (despite the comments from our coaching staff).

When the JS starts talking scheme, time to get out the salt shaker, you'll be eating a lot of it.

i agree 100% waldo. i think assigning certain positions as the QB of the defense is essentially a useless label. just because one 3-4 team uses a safety as the QB doesn't mean it's the rule. the responsibilities change within different defenses with different players. PLUS if your defense is in sync, LB's and S's alike should be able to make recognitions and audibles based on the offensive alignments.

packerbacker87 with the belt sig!
Joe 6-pack

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too confident in Collins' leadership qualities and natural intelligence. I wouldn't want him as my defensive captain.

I am on a drug. Itís called Joe 6-Pack. Itís not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.
AJHawkTheFuture

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe 6-pack wrote:
I'm not too confident in Collins' leadership qualities and natural intelligence. I wouldn't want him as my defensive captain.

your sig is huge. (but sweet)

that's what she said.

packerbacker87 with the belt sig!
MrBobGray

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Xx KiLLa G X wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:

Are CBs will still play some bump and run but if you expect them to play it as much as before than you are wrong. The CBs will play a lot more zone than in previous years. It's a lot harder for a zone CB to play press than it is for a press CB to play zone. I fully expect are CBs to do just fine.

Sure about that? Do you have any real proof to back that statement up, or is it more that that is what you've heard about 3-4 teams? Truth is, no one, and I mean NO ONE(excluding members of the GBP), has any idea exactly what it is we'll run. They might run BNR every play, they might barely run any BNR at all. Truth is, no one has any idea what Capers will do in this first year, because this is a new year. You can look at his previous years for an idea, but even that will only give you an idea, not the guaranteed answer.
DocHolliday

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pGunner wrote:
Not worried. Collins is a high football-IQ guy IMO.

I wish hes dumb as a rock like a few others on our defense. : /

Despite Favre's deplorable behavior the decision to kick him to the curb in favor of Aaron Rodgers will go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by a NFL franchise.
DocHolliday

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:

Yeah I agree that AJ is most likely going to be the green man. Wish we had more of a veteran force in the linebacker core though. If Kampman can do a good job. Do you think he could possible be the man in charge? He just seems like he has more football IQ on the defensive side then any of the other starters.

Despite Favre's deplorable behavior the decision to kick him to the curb in favor of Aaron Rodgers will go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by a NFL franchise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: