Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coles and moss trade finally Done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WashingtonRedskins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Coles and moss trade finally Done! Reply with quote

According to ESPN.com http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2005788- The coles and moss trade is complete pending physical. Do you think this is the right move, and do you think were still gonna go after Mike?
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its such a tyte trade 4 us....moss is fast and talented coles is a [inappropriate/removed] that is scared of contact and slow as a bia.....AWESOME TRADE GO SKINS!
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes finally its done i know coles is a [inappropriate/removed] scared to go over the middle defently still go after mike williams we need a guy that is big and can catch the lob like daunte culpepper and did with randy moss we need rampsey to do it with mike wiliams he would be great with his size and last year when we were in the redzone we always got feild goals never touch downs
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing's for sure, we won't be hurting for punt returners.

I don't know that we'll get Williams (it really seems like a stretch if we don't trade up), but I think we'll definitely get a big guy. Chris Henry is 6'4" and espn had him as the 5th WR in the draft. He only weighs 200 lbs, so he must be skinny. There's also a kid out of UGA, Fred Gibson who's 6'4".
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Seahawks fan i could see it, but how could a "True Redskin" say that Coles is scared to go over the middle? Did you ever see a Redskins game man? Coles was the recipient of two of the biggest hits over the middle of the entire season, one from Michael Lewis, and one from f*cking Ray Lewis. And he hung on to both of those balls I would like to add, and got up and made the first down sign. That is one tough SOB. I am going to miss him greatly.

Santana Moss is nowhere near the receiver Coles is. I hope we get a pick in addition to him, or that we sneakily knew that Coles's toe injury is debilitating to the extent that he probably won't be able to play in 2 years. Not that I hope for any injury to him, just that that turn of events would in some way explain the trade to me.

The only good thing I see coming out of this is that it makes much more clear our need to trade up to get Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. I actually think Williams is the better target for us, even though I think Braylon is probably better. We don't need Braylon's ability to stretch the field anymore, not with Moss and Patten being added in the last 48 hours. Williams offers a different dimension in terms of being that overpowering possession guy, the type who will have 100 catches and 14 TDs, but only with 1000 yards. If we added him, perhaps through a trade-up involving Gardner, I would then feel really good about our WRs.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. I hated the fac ttha Coles didn't want to be here because he was a core guy who did anything the coach asked include getting layed out once or twice to make the first down. The guys played hurt for the last two years. He was a warrior, period.

I am glad for the trade only b/c I dont want a guy here that doesn't want to be here, but it explains our timidness in Free Agency, we needed to preserve the cap room to make the trade.

Where are we going with Defensive End? I don't see news of anyone coming to Washington to interview. Are we waiting for the third round in the draft?
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to see Coles go, but I am happy that we are getting a playmaker like Moss in return, instead of just loosing Coles in FA.

Coles is stupid, it isn't like he's going to blow it up in NY's conservative offense, they are almost as bad as we are as far as being conservative.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avbanig wrote:
Coles is stupid, it isn't like he's going to blow it up in NY's conservative offense, they are almost as bad as we are as far as being conservative.

Mike Heimerdinger is the new OC for New York. They may not be so conservative this coming year.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'll believe it when I see it, we all know Pennington doesn't have the strongest arm in the league, and he's coming of shoulder surgery..
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bad part about this trade is the 9 Mil cap hit we take for the trade. Now we have to pace our selves on who we get.
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coles is an A hole, Snyder told him when we thought the trade was dead that he'd buy him a HD Tv, so Coles could watch the game from home, because he'd be watching it there for the next 2 years till the Redskins cut him....

And you know what I say to that, they should have done that, it would have been more cost effective that giving him 9 milliion to leave, and now having to probably resign Santana Moss to a big contract either this year or next year in order to keep him.

Good for Snyder, I think he's finally getting smart this offseason, he's getting mad at players for abusing the money he throws at them to give him a winning team.

I think now that Snyder is getting smarter with his money and the team, and I expect us to be better for it in the future!
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avbanig wrote:
coles is an A hole, Snyder told him when we thought the trade was dead that he'd buy him a HD Tv, so Coles could watch the game from home, because he'd be watching it there for the next 2 years till the Redskins cut him....

And you know what I say to that, they should have done that,

It might be difficult to lure future FAs if they started treating their players like that.

I can understand Dan's dissapointment though. We probably shouldn't have made the trade without getting out of the huge cap hit (assuming that's possible). He said early on that he would have played hard if he had to remain with the Skins. The whole thing got out of hand when the story made it to the press though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: