Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why your team should trade for the #1 pick overall.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Why your team should trade for the #1 pick overall..... Reply with quote

In the end when the draft is over.....i firmly believe the Vikes will have the top pick in this draft. As i have stated before....the Niners need alot more help than what the #1 pick in this draft will give them. Some thinking getting the QB is the all important thing...but i think that theory is overrated.....not many #1 picks that were QB's have won Super Bowls. They have Rattay..and I think Nolan will realize that and give him a full year in his system...he should...the Niners need players who can contribute practically right away. They have holes on the offensive line and Defensive line and safety. The Vikes....will play the poker game....and offer something other than there two first rounders which are better picks than the Bolts two and Dallas two. Nolan wants defense and he knows improving thisdefense will critical to them winning more games. If the Niners don't take Williams, whcih they should but won't....they will want the Vikes 2 first rounders and maybe another pick....and Vikes will be happy to give those picks to get Mike Williams at #1 overall. He will be the next best thing to Moss IMO....and he will be a star they see this. Their defense is already improved with their recent pickups......their motivation? The Titans...whatever happens ..the Titans will not let Williams slip past them. Norm Chow is the new offensive coordiantor....Williams old coach at USC. U can bet he is in Fishers ear saying this kid is gonna be great. Titans have no good WR's anymore..they will need him. Getting Williams will the final piece to an already pretty decent offseason. Culpepper will click with Williams....just like him and Moss clicked. #7 and #18 and maybe 4th round pick to Niners for #1 overall. Niners will have enough picks to get maybe Charlie Frye in round 2 or 3 if they really want a QB later. Lets see what unfolds.....Vikes have the money also...to pay the #1 overall. Plus this deal will benefit both teams. What do ya'll think?
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans have no good WR's anymore..they will need him.

No reason for the Titans to take Williams at all. They have Drew Bennett, and they invested a lot into Tyrone Calico. No way either of those guys or Williams will play in the slot.

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg hit it right on... Titans wont take Williams, not with the recievers they have already... I'm not even sure if they could afford to take him (he'll want BIG BUCKS) Antrel Rolle is the likely desired candidate for Tennesse.

Why bother to trade up to #1? Everyone knows who 49'ers will draft anyway, it'll be Rodgers or Smith, so why not just trade up to #2(Miami) or #3(Cleveland) ??? They'll probably only want the same deal as 49'ers, maybe even less. That way any team could pay LESS to get Williams.

The Vikings shouldnt move up to #1 to draft Williams, there is *NO CHANCE* he will be as good as Moss... Moss is a once in a lifetime player... the guy has genetics that just arent in human beings.

Besides, you're talking about the Vikings anyway, they're a "passive" team, and they will be "content" seeing who falls to them at #7...

The SMARTEST moves, would be to take Plaxico in free agency, or go out and make that trade for Boldin... guys who are PROVEN IN THE NFL.

Oh, and 49'ers wont take Williams simply because of that "less than stellar" 40 time... had Williams run a 4.4, I'd say there was actually a chance that the 49'ers would, but with that 40 time he ran, they will definitely go with Smith or Rodgers.

So, what do I think? I think its a terrible idea, and there are far better ways to achieve the same result in more efficient methods.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.........no........... Screw Williams.......... I'd draft DJ with the 1st pick....... he is the best player in the draft and the vikings need defense.....Simple as that
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares Caesar wrote:
Mossburg hit it right on... Titans wont take Williams, not with the recievers they have already... I'm not even sure if they could afford to take him (he'll want BIG BUCKS) Antrel Rolle is the likely desired candidate for Tennesse.

Why bother to trade up to #1? Everyone knows who 49'ers will draft anyway, it'll be Rodgers or Smith, so why not just trade up to #2(Miami) or #3(Cleveland) ??? They'll probably only want the same deal as 49'ers, maybe even less. That way any team could pay LESS to get Williams.

The Vikings shouldnt move up to #1 to draft Williams, there is *NO CHANCE* he will be as good as Moss... Moss is a once in a lifetime player... the guy has genetics that just arent in human beings.

Besides, you're talking about the Vikings anyway, they're a "passive" team, and they will be "content" seeing who falls to them at #7...

The SMARTEST moves, would be to take Plaxico in free agency, or go out and make that trade for Boldin... guys who are PROVEN IN THE NFL.

Oh, and 49'ers wont take Williams simply because of that "less than stellar" 40 time... had Williams run a 4.4, I'd say there was actually a chance that the 49'ers would, but with that 40 time he ran, they will definitely go with Smith or Rodgers.

So, what do I think? I think its a terrible idea, and there are far better ways to achieve the same result in more efficient methods.

well...u get my point.....the Vikes will trade up to #1 #2 or #3 and try and get Williams.....i think they will target him...and i think Tice and company or maybe new potential owner Fowler.....have already tapped him as to who they want. Defense is pretty loaded all of a sudden.....now they ned to replacec the huge void left by Moss....Williams can dot that....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: