Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adding a playmaker in upcoming draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will the bears select in the first round?
Braylon Edwards
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Mike Williams
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
Ronnie Brown
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Cedric Benson
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

bears247

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Adding a playmaker in upcoming draft Reply with quote

I am getting very excited about the draft becuase it is inevitable the bears will add another weapon to Sexy Rexy's arsenal. There are only three teams that pick before the bears and there are atleast four playmakers available that i will love to see in blue and orange. I love the two top wideouts Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams, both are big targets and will provide problems lined up across from 'moose'. Due to Ron Turner's emphasis on the run, I also think the two top running backs would provide an immediate lift. While Cadillac is good, I think Ronnie Brown and Cedrick Benson are number 1 and 2 repectively. Both are big, strong, athletic backs that would provide a good compliment to TJ next season, and could eventually develop into primier running backs in the leage. I also think that if we chose a WR first we will get a RB in the second, and visa versa. Now, let's shore up the o-line, add an OLB, and an experienced QB and in April we can sit back and watch our offense continue to blossom.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Braylon Edwards a better choice NOW over Mike Williams Reply with quote

While i still believe that Willliams is still better all-around receiver in terms of translatable skils to the NFL, I am gonna have to say that Edwards would be a better fit since the signing of Moose. Muhammad provides the bears with a big strong, physical receiver in the mold of a T.O., who runs great routes and truly understands how to play the game. Muhammad is aggressive and a great blocker. Mike Williams has the potential of a T.O., and has very similar skills, why would the bears need two types of the same receiver? With out a burner, like Edwards, to stretch out the field they could just throw double team after double team at both or just sit in coverage waiting for ball to be throw to either one. With edwards, they have the vertical threat to offset Muhammad as the aggressive, physical possession receiver(he does get yards off the catch though). Team Muhsin muhammad, edwards, and berrian together and they have the tools to drive cornerbacks nuts. All are tall, two are burners with one with decent speed, and all have great hands. Berrian may have to work on his route-running and toughness, but that is the beauty of muhammad, he could teach both.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont need a speed reciever like edwards, we have berrian for the long ball. i think a pair of big physical reciever will be amazing especially in the red zone
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also go with Edwards, not only for now but who could teach him better then a guy with the same build as him.
I really like both E
dwards and Williams but I think Edwards is the better fit here.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys gotta go with Braylon

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears do not need a running back. Thomas Jones is a complete back and a good fit for the Bears. It would be ridiculous bringing in another back. You guys need a WR and thats why the Bears are going to draft one in this coming draft. Don't tell me Mushin will fix all problems because he won't. Without Mushin your receiving core was young and horrible. One player can't turn that all around.
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above. Defense wins championships!!!!
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats "defense wins championships" right so that is why washington went to the super bowl last year? i think a good d is important but you have to have a serviceable o to move the ball. (see washington, baltimore)
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Da Bears you must not have been around and watching the 85 bears. It was more fun to see the defense on the field than the offense, and we shut out half the teams we played. Walter ran out the clock and that was that. We can do the same thing this year if we pick up Derrick Johnson and let Jones and the A-train run out the clock behind a healthy o-line.
Ryno53

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: DA Bears Reply with quote

I tend not to have a possitive attitude when it comes to the upcoming draft. I love Mike Williams. I hate Braylon Edwards. Te two big backs in Ronnie Brown and Benson are interesting options. HOwever, the Bears in recent years have lacked the guts to stand their ground and take their man. That is why I beleive the bears will blow it and trade down. I hope they don't and take a blue chip prospect, but at the same time I get this sick feeling the beloved will chicken out last minute and trade down. Help me out guys and assure me this won't happen.
BearsGURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice having the 4th pick overall in the draft. Although we fans did not hink so last season when we sucked it up. With our first pick we should snag ronnie brown or besen. I personally would wrather have ronnie because bensen has attitude problems. Lovie just dropped Terrell so that we would not have attitude problems. Also we just picked up Muhammed so we don't need another receiver... at least not in the first round.
BearsGURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice having the 4th pick overall in the draft. Although we fans did not think so last season when we sucked it up. With our first pick we should snag ronnie brown or bensen. I personally would wrather have ronnie because bensen has attitude problems. Lovie just dropped Terrell so that we would not have attitude problems. Also we just picked up Muhammed so we don't need another receiver... at least not in the first round.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a very biased fan I want either Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams with the 4th pick. If they aren't available I would like us to trade down but that means we need a taker. If Brown and Williams are gone that means either Braylon or D Johnson are available and those players may draw some trade interest. I do like both Edwards and Johnson but I jsut dont think they willl have the immediate impact that Brown or Williams would have with our team.

I really think the Bears need to acquire another 2nd round pick because I think there are numerous players of need that will be available in the 2nd round. TE, LB, WR, OG all are positions that we can grab quality players in the 2nd round.

So to sum up, if we dont get Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams, do whatever it takes to trade down and a grab another pick
delakev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo knows more than football- he knows the draft as well. I don't think you could've said it any better. If Mike Williams, or Brown aren't there, trade down. I wouldn't mind seeing DJ, but I don't think I can say that for anyone else at 4. There are a lot of options in the second round Fason, Baas, Shazor, JJ Arrington, and possibly someone who slips come draft day.

Thanks so much Scar!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: