Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

not real needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: not real needs Reply with quote

im tired of people saying that eag;es needing a RB WR OLB
first RB we have westbrook for pasing and speed and levens for power
WR TO Pinkston isnt a bad 2nd and greg lewis really should himself in the playoffs
OLB we have mark siminue(dont know how to spell his last name) and they taked about mike labinjo young guy who really showed how good he is in the last two games and special teams
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simoneau blows my friend, LB is our weakest position.
Brickhouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, an olb would be a good place to improve. and levens is old and probably wont come back.
hype4bid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth of the matter is every team in the NNL has needs. The birds are one of the teams that have minimal needs. They do need add depth to RBs. Levens will probably retire, Buck is injury prone, Westy will definitely be here for 1 more season but who knows after that. So they will need to draft and add some depth. Mahe, Perry and Tapeh are unproven at this time. I also like them to add some depth to the WR, LB and DL positions. Sim is adequate at the WILL position but we need to groom someone for the future. They need to draft a DT to replace Simon if they canít lock him up for a long time. Just think if TO goes down again, can Pinky, Mitchell, Lewis carry the WR load? McMullen is a bust so far, I would like them to add some depth here too.
SIERK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kind of interesting if you look at the roster space available.

Take the Defensive Line. Last year the Eagles carried 10 guys (5 DE, 5DT). Now look at who is already pencilled in...

DE: Kearse, Kalu, Hugh, McDougle, Jamaal Green
DT: Simon, Walker, Rayburn, Hollis, Grasmanis

Now, if Burgess is re-signed, that knocks Green off the roster (no big loss). And there wouldn't really be room for a rookie. Which is probably why Burgess isn't high on their priority list.

At DT, any rookie would push Gras off the roster. Which, unless it is a first day guy, is probably not going to be an improvement.

At WR, any draftee would push McMullen out the door (unless Freddie is released/traded). I'm not sure their ready to consider him a complete bust.

LB is indeed pretty unsettled. Trotter, Simoneau, and Jones are in. Labinjo is probable. But if they re-sign both Ike and Adams, that fills their normal 6 roster spots. And they also do like Greg Richmond. Again, the numbers game shows why Ike and Adams haven't been high priorities.

CB is full with 5 guys. Anyone new would knock Wynn out, which seems doubtful.

S is full, unless they can find a SS better than Mikell.

OL can absorb a new guy or two without losing anyone useful.

RB is really unsettled, though they probably don't want to carry more than 5. One FB (Parry or Ritchie), Westbrook, Buckhalter, Tapeh. Anyone new would push Mahe (no loss) out the door.

TE has a free roster space. In fact, with this offense, I actually believe this is their most pressing need.

Of course, a couple guys always go down with year-ending injuries. Still, there are barely enough roster spots for 5 first day picks, much less the rest of the draft. I could see a couple later round picks being traded for slots next year (like the 5th rounder from Wash for a 4th next year). I could see another package of picks to move up in the 1st round again.

Looking ahead to next year, OL might be iffy with Runyan moving on. DL is a little iffy with Kalu, Hugh, Simon, Hollis, and Rayburn getting up in years. But it is still kind of tough to draft there because there isn't much room on the 53 man roster to carry a rookie over to next year.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srry siek to long didn't read it but i know mark simaenu sux as a mlb he wont be that bad at olb because of his speed and i more focused on Mike Labinjo and hype4 bid yes yes the other WR can carry the load did u see the playoffs they didn't do that bad and for the power RB eagles most of the time throw it when its 3rd and 2 or so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: