Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wish List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macksb13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Wish List Reply with quote

Now that we signed Fred Smoot what does everyone think our next moves should be? Should we still try to trade for Surtain to beef up the corners even more? Or should we now go after Darius to get a better safety to go with those corners? I think we need to move up a couple spots to get DJ. He is an amazing player and would just about complete the defense. But I think the most important move now is to get Plaxico. What does everyone think???
mighty baron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we should trade for surtain know that we have Smoot. I think we should tarde one of out LB to arizona to try and get boldin is some sort of deal. To make the trade for surtain would be useless unless one of them were to go play Safety?? Other then that we just need a Safety plus a LB which we could Sign or draft(DJ) and then just worry about getting burress and resing Wiggins....No matter what else we do this offseason i just cant wait to see Winfield and Smoot playing out there together....WOW
tdub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no we dont need surtain....

we should sign burress
we should sing hartwell
we should trade for darius...

hartwell is a good player...DJ could be the next whoever, but he also may not be...arrington hasnt panned out exactly, now while hes still good, hes not ray ray...

those who say we shouldnt give up our second cause tahts to much for darius...lets say we take the safety from michigan shazor or whatever...hes not proven...he could be the next willie offord...i dont know about you, but having proven players over unproven players sounds a lot better to me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Whoa on Darius Reply with quote

I don't think it wise to trade for Darius of Jax when the Packers are rumored to be about to release Sharper. He would be better for us. He is a bit younger, would hurt a division rival (the Packers no less), and complete our overhaul of the secondary without losing precious draft picks. Only way I trade for Darius is for a 3rd or 4th round pick, which is much less than what Jax is looking for.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My with list:

-Stop going after Plax, he wont bring much to the team
-Bennett and 2nd rounder for Boldin
-Whatever it takes thats reasonable to attain Darren Howard, as my dream has come true, and the Saints seem to be shopping him.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
wigginsismyhero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: things and stuff Reply with quote

they need to sit back and wait for 1-2 days. see if GB releases Sharper and if they do, take him, if not go for darius....he's got experience, and he's still got 2-4 more years in him....but whatever they do, their secondary is going to be awesome!!

Don't be too harsh in your replies....I'm doing my best(even though its not very good).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: