Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolle signs with Ravens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Rolle signs with Ravens Reply with quote

i think now that rolle signed with the ravens we have to resign smoot or KC will snatch him up and we cant get a rookie corner cuz we need a Wr
Redskins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does put the team in a bit of a bad situation, however if Smoot doesn't resign does this mean Walt Harris may come up as CB in place of him?

We could probably do with Mike Williams as a big guy target but if he goes before 9 will we take Edwards, a CB or try and trade down?

RIP Sean Taylor
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Walt Harris would become the starter. He isn't bad, I don't think it would be too steep of a dropoff with him.

Edwards should be gone before Williams. If they are both gone, then I could possibly see us taking a CB or DE, but I think its much better for the team to go after a WR. With the new contact rules, its just not that important to have a "shut-down corner" anymore, most teams think that term is extinct. With Springs already our top guy, we really are much more in need of the big WR.

That said, I think we will wind up re-signing Smoot. The team can't afford to lose both he and Pierce and we are not that far off the market value with our current offer. If he really wants to be a Redskin, I think we will do what it takes.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If he really wants to be a Redskin, I think we will do what it takes.

That will probably mean cutting some players that they weren't going to cut. It will be hard to compete for Smoot if another team is really aggressive.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeha I don't think we are going to budge from our origninal offer. And definelty Williams or Edwards before a WR/DE, but if they are gone then we have options, take the best available at #9, or trade down, and hopefully get a guy we wanted at #9 wtih a later pick or someone who is close to his ability.

really I guess if Edwards and Williams are gone, I'm trading down, posiblly with the Raiders who might want back in the top 10 or anyone who wants there, and in the process we can pick up a second round pick along with their first round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: