Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2009 Official Draft Day Thread - 04-25-2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: 2009 Official Draft Day Thread - 04-25-2009 Reply with quote

Here we go Raider fans!!!!!

MODERATOR NINJA INSERT:

Well, kids, here it is! The 2009 NFL Draft!

Welcome one and all!

This thread will be for general Draft talk, as well as discussing our Draft picks as they happen. Thngs like "I don't believe we took DHB at #7!!!!" belong here. Arguments about him do not!

Separate threads should be made, and are encouraged, to have more in-depth discussions about the picks that are made, and the trades that will undoubtedly be made on Saturday.

Please do NOT start a thread just to state the obvious, like "Oakland just took Mackln" or "Oakland passed on DHB! whootz!" These things can be discussed here, in this thread. There is no extra credit given for being the first one to make a post just to say whom Oakland took, though there might be a few "Captain Obvious" awards given out.

Unfortunately, since this IS a weekend event, the 'Dawggy will NOT be here regularly. He has some job type thing and has the unfortunate responsibility of working....again....on Draft Weekend. Evidently he's had to work on draft weekend for 12 years in a row and we all need to feel sorry for him! Lucky for you, Padawan Craptakula will be with you most of the day with frequent (hopefully) visits from Los Global mods.

The most important thing is that we expect a the same high level of quality and respect that you guys all give us to be given to the guys who will be checking up on you and to each other.

*IF* a troll does come along, DO NOT respond to their attack in any way. Just PM me and Global mod (both, preferrably), and ignore it. Remember, ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY, so responding to a troll with a personal attack will get you both a WARNING, not to mention you'll face the wrath of El 'Dawggy who will be a bit peeved when he makes his return to the forum.

We don't anticipate any problems, and we have a great group of veteran posters here so hopefully all will go well.

So, with all that being said, here we go!

END OF MODERATOR INSERT!!

Who can sleep when there is so much at stake. Confused

Let's hope one of the better OT's fall to us. If not let's trade back for more picks and pick up a skilled position player that will serve JaMarcus Russell and this offense well.

justwinbaby81 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Seattle would have to pass on Monroe in order to draft Crabtree for this to happen.

Currently the draft looks like this:

1. Lions - Stafford
2. Rams - Jason Smith
3. Chefs - Aaron Curry
4. Seahawks - Crabtree
5. Browns - Raji or Orakpo
6. Bengals - Andre Smith

So it is quite possible that we will have our choice of Monroe or Oher at OT. This would be ideal. But who would we want? Do we want to add another LT to the competition mix and move Mario Henderson back to RT where he competed with Cornell Green last year? Or would we want to go with Oher and immediately move him to RT where a lot of people think he would be a better fit?

Great problem to have. Wink

We might even be lucky enough to have Sanchez be a top 6 pick. Also Tyson Jackson. If that happens we are set! Curry, Crabtree, Monroe, A. Smith, or Raji..we are guaranteed at least 2 of the 5 would be there, and Cable/Davis could opt on which route to take.

If that is the case we could end up set on the OL for the next 10 years. We already have a battle at LT. Whomever the rookie is can battle Pears for the RT spot. If Henderson and Barnes play to a draw at LT, Barnes can slide down to RT. There are so many combinations we can utilize, we can't possibly go wrong on the OL.

The Oakland Raiders select:

1: Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR, Maryland
2: Michael Mitchell - FS, Ohio University
3: Matt Shaugnessey - DE, Wisconsin
4: Louis Murphy - WR, Florida
4: Slade Noris - OLB, Oregon State
6: Stryker Sulak - DE, Missouri
6: Brandon Myers - TE, Iowa

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Last edited by DOCLEW 28 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETS GOO!!!

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewwolak wrote:
Everyone is talking about Jacksonville trading down with multiple teams if Sanchez drops to them, what about us?If he falls to #7, We should trade with Washington,Jets, or whoever and get the extra picks.

We always get overlooked because of Al Davis' history of never trading down. Actually this would be the perfect year to do it if we are set on Heyward-Bey because I can't see anyone making a move on him until the teens. If we can make a deal with Washington for the #13 pick, that would be a perfect place to grab DHB.

And pick up more picks to boot. Wink

Raider X hooked me with the sig
NateDoggRAIDER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
andrewwolak wrote:
Everyone is talking about Jacksonville trading down with multiple teams if Sanchez drops to them, what about us?If he falls to #7, We should trade with Washington,Jets, or whoever and get the extra picks.

We always get overlooked because of Al Davis' history of never trading down. Actually this would be the perfect year to do it if we are set on Heyward-Bey because I can't see anyone making a move on him until the teens. If we can make a deal with Washington for the #13 pick, that would be a perfect place to grab DHB.

And pick up more picks to boot. javascript:emoticon('Wink')

i totally agree, we need to trade down if none of the true elite players that would help US are there anymore.

also, i konw its been said by other people, but i am really hatin' on the fact that the draft starts so late this year. i am totally ready to watch the draft and there's HOURS before it even starts, this sucks. Wink Wink Wink
liquidrage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get ready for DHB at #7. The Raiders aren't "leak proof" and when there's this much smoke I'm expecting fire. This will irk me as much as the Huff pick.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope it's all apart of a smokescreen. DHB just doesn't do it for me.

I'm glad draft day is finally here. Let's get it.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I really hope it's all apart of a smokescreen. DHB just doesn't do it for me.

I'm glad draft day is finally here. Let's get it.

Typical Boom or Bust pick. Either 3 years from now we are watching him tear up the league or he is the trying to stick with another team.

If DHB is the #7 overall pick can we assume what exactly?

1) The scouting department, coaches and Davis all really dug into the film on this guy and recognized his skill set on a mediocre Maryland team and how that translates.

or

2) Cable wants a OT or Crabtree who he raved about and Al Davis controls the draft regardless?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want bj raji, tyson jackson,or robert ayers in the first. And michael johnson or chung in the second.. That's right defense with the first 2 picks.. Let schilens,shields,and higgins grow. Let pears,henderon,and barnes battle out rt and lt
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Typical Boom or Bust pick. Either 3 years from now we are watching him tear up the league or he is the trying to stick with another team.

Everyone player is like that when they're drafted though man. It's silly when people (the media) label certain players BOOM or BUST prospects', because every player has achieved nothing as soon as they sign that contract.

They are all new babies in the world of the National Football League. Every player starts on 0, so it's silly to judge players when they haven't deserved or even hurt their chances to fail in the NFL.

It happens every year, when people say this and that, the same damn thing happens year after year after year. They're wrong. So I am waiting to see what they actually do when they start playing, and then and only then, is the best time to judge a player.
Benny21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Everyone player is like that when they're drafted though man. It's silly when people (the media) label certain players BOOM or BUST prospects', because every player has achieved nothing as soon as they sign that contract.

They are all new babies in the world of the National Football League. Every player starts on 0, so it's silly to judge players when they haven't deserved or even hurt their chances to fail in the NFL.

It happens every year, when people say this and that, the same damn thing happens year after year after year. They're wrong. So I am waiting to see what they actually do when they start playing, and then and only then, is the best time to judge a player.

I get what you are saying, but it's to broad. The term boom or bust comes into play when you have a player like Heyward-Bey. He has all the potential in the world, not overly polished and lacked ideal production in college. He is either going to blow up and be great or fizzle and wash out, there is no real middle ground. A player like Crabtree is somewhat polished and shown a lot in his college career, the risk is lower in relation him. It's all about risk. Bey is high risk high reward if you prefer that terminology over boom or bust.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to cover your ears and yell really loud and pretend that this Darius Heyward-Bey thing will just blow over. But a lot of Raider fans did that last year with Darren McFadden (myself included) and look how that turned out. DHB could very well be the pick at #7 today. We all like to roll our eyes at the classic Raider "40 time" draft theory but just last year DMC was the pick. And in 2006, Michael Huff was the pick. And in 2005, Fabian Washington was the pick.

I'm not saying I hope it happens. I'm saying, "Be prepared for DHB".

Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus! I go to bed at 4, hoping to wake up around 11, and it's barely 8:45? LEt's get this Draft cracking!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sanchez and Jackson end up going in the top 4 like it has been rumored lately, Crabtree/Curry and Raji will be available at #7 and we can't go wrong with any of those 3. If we still go DHB, you'll find me rioting in the living room. Evil or Very Mad
coach 2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

Jump to: