You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former NFL RB Travis Henry gets 10 to life in prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yordmachine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:
What a complete joke of a person he is. Good luck with Bubba! Laughing

I think Henry is the Bubba. You want to wish whoever's in his cell Good luck with Henry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yordmachine wrote:
TNFUTUREDR wrote:
yordmachine wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
How does 10 to life work?

It means he'll have his first shot at parole in 10 years. If they don't give it to him, he'll get more chances every 3 years or so.

But since he'll never truly be free, he's gotta report and get permission from the parole board every time he wants to go on vacation. (after he gets out of prison)

Since he is in the federal system its different. he hasn't been to his sentencing yet I don't believe the 10 to life is the recommended sentencing guideline. So at his sentencing they will tell him the exact sentence he will receive but most likely if he takes a bunch of the programs that they offer and since he plead guilty they will take time off. iand since it was cocaine not crack cocaine that still recieves less time. Its a strong chance that he could get 5 to 7 yrs. It all depends on the judge and all the federal programs he accepts

I'm pretty sure he already took a plea bargin giving him the fixed 10-life. If he didn't take the plea he'd be going for a lot more time.

Has he been sentenced yet? In the federal system u plead guilty then you have another court date for the judge to decide the sentence. Now they have sentencing guidelines that they have in place as recommendations to the judge but he can stray from an give his own if he chooses to. I have a cousin who is in the same situation. He pled guilty now he is waiting on the sentence. So he was looking at anywhere from 144 months to 260 months now with the programs he accepted and with him accepting responsibilities he might have to do 7. So the 10 to life is just a guideline recommendation for the judge its not set in stone. As far as him getting parole the federal system doesn't do parole until you have done 85 percent of your time then you will be released into a half way house or probation.
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
10-Life? How much coke did he have? A truckload?
What a moron....

The ESPN article states it was 6 pounds of marijuana and 6.6 pounds of cocaine. I don't think that would be small crime consumption.
That more than 3 kilos. Wow! What an idiot. The marijuana must have been for personal use. Why would you need to deal weed, when your selling kilos? Child support must be killing him. lol!!
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta feel for the guy to a certain level; but with that said, he has made his mistakes and will have to live with the situation he's put himself in. Forget his football promise - the man has at least 11 kids with 10 different women. His life is going to be a living hell if he doesn't smarten up nd realize his responsibilities and his duties as both a human being and a father or (at least) 10 children.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you sell drugs when you're an NFL star making millions?

Silly...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
P-52 wrote:
the drug laws are unbelievable...get caught with cocaine...life in prison...rape a child...5-10 years in prison...makes sense to you?

How about using better logic:

If you don't break the law, you never have to face the potentially lopsided punishment. Lopsided or not, a person never has to face any punishment by walking the straight and narrow.

Of course, in my opinion, every person should face the maximum penalty if he/she knowingly and willfully breaks the law.

How is that better logic? I think your statement/views are quite insane. Unfortunatly, they do coincide with a large majority of lawmakers in our fine state of Texas.
49erjunkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seemed it wasx inevitable that he would wash out of the league like this. it seemed like every single year he kept getting suspended for something or another.

Walter Redskins on the sig.
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saddest part about this whole thing, is that 11 kids are now going to be without their father for quite some time. If anyone saw the ESPN piece on Henry and his kids, you would see that his kids really get along with each other, and really have come together as a family, despite all being birthed by different mothers. I feel for the kids more than anything. Travis is a grown man, and he has to pay for the idiotic mistakes he has made, but no kid deserves to be without a parent.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I remember when the losses of Travis Henry, Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade were going to be the downfall of the Titans organization. Boy were those the days. Laughing

Travis Henry's life has taken a massive downward spiral ever since he refused to renegotiate with Tennessee, and I feel no sympathy for the man. For the children, I feel horrible, for Henry, nothing.

Props to mike23md on the sig
jspiel24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Let's see, 11 kids with 9 different women, numerous run ins with the law, and now this. I say...

T to the H to the U to the G.

THUG. Enjoy prison, scumbag.

Applause

Well said, sir.

Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much football talk going on in this topic.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: