You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers DT Jamal Williams was arrested for suspicion of DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Why wasnt he given a breathalyzer when he was pulled over? Would have saved alot of embarrassment for Jamal

Most likely scenario was that Williams refused a breathalyzer test - possibly because he felt he was being wrongly accused, who knows? - which under California law translates to an automatic arrest, so that the person can be detained and administered either a urine or blood test to determine Blood Alcohol Content and a decision on whether charges are pressed or dropped are made at a later date when the BAC test results are compared with the Field sobriety test results from the report of the "arresting" officer and the district attorney determines if they have a case worth taking to trial (i.e. one they feel confident they could get a conviction).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That cop must have been big to not be afraid and arrest Jamal Williams. That is 350 lbs worth of man.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
That cop must have been big to not be afraid and arrest Jamal Williams. That is 350 lbs worth of man.

More importantly, consider the size of Williams' wrists. Shocked There's no way that standard cuffs would fit around them. That cop must've been breaking out the zip-ties, knowing full well that Jamal could break those like they were twigs.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
The report about Williams not getting charged was wrong, he will be charged with reckless driving.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/16/chargers-dt-williams-will-be-charged-with-reckless-driving/
Tom Brady Tribute
jonu62882

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Caerus wrote:
SUSPICION OF DUI.

Thank you. But I'm not really surprised that people on here jump to conclusions. It's not as if Norv Turner is a renown disciplinarian. And Jackson's boneheaded-ness doesn't help curtail the premature-postulators.

That said... from what it sounds like, he refused to take a breathalizer exam (could be ego-driven, could be he just refused period), and in a case such as that failing any Field Sobriety Test (which can include simply smelling of alcohol) coupled with the breathalizer refusal is grounds for arrest and detainment for the purposes of essentially forcing a BAC test to be taken (blood and urine tests are both administered AFTER the person in question is booked). Realistically, the blood test that he did take could come back and show him to have been under the legal limit. And regardless, for a first offense of a veteran player with an otherwise stellar track-record, no suspension is liable to be rendered until after a conviction... even from Darth Goodell.

This...

And he won't be suspended for a first offense, and likely will only get punished if he's actually convicted.

Goodell's never needed a conviction to punish people under the league's personal conduct policy.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
The report about Williams not getting charged was wrong, he will be charged with reckless driving.

Billy...

we just don't need a thread on every player and every minor crime or misdemeanor they get charged with.

it is driving down the quality of the NFL News forum and i am asking you to stop.

please be more selective of what you start threads on and just post the best NEWS out there that is hard core football related.

thank you.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: