Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jeez...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThunderDawg27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Jeez... Reply with quote

I don't know about u guys, but i really am gettin sick and tired of other people havin some gripe over guys goin to other teams... Praising them for bein good players, but when they leave "Oh, i was never really high on them"...or "There ok players, not all that great though"...and "they're not that good, and they'll have a bad year next year". Why can't people just say "Hey, thanks for what u did for our team and good luck wherever u go" instead of just bashin them or watever and sayin they suck or they're no good... Gimme a friggin break... If they went to another team, they went to another team, and you'll go out and get a replacement, who might even be better, so what's the big deal?

For example, Ravens fans seemed to be delighted bout the fact that they got Samari Rolle, and are glad that Baxter is gone. How bout just sayin "Hey Gary, thanks for what u did here, and we wish u luck with the Browns" "Though i'm very excited that we got Rolle and think he'll do great in our defense"... And please stop givin me this b.s. bout Baxter takin the money or watever cuz first of all, Rolle got pretty much the exact same deal as Rolle. The Ravens offered Baxter the same amount like the Browns, so if Baxter went to the Browns, then that means somethin went sour with the Ravens, and they both moved on...The Ravens got Rolle and apparently he's better than Baxter according to them, so what's with the constant trashing of Baxter? U said u guys got a better DB, so what's the problem? Jeez...

-ThunderDawg27
The Holcombnite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no ill will against my boy, in fact I will preorder his jersey from buffalobills.com as soon as it becomes available, they got a heck of a player, and it will be easier for me (hopefully) to see him play instead of taking the train to Cleveland.
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all wished Bernie well. I think we all still route for Tim Couch a little too.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that just goes to show the kind of fans Baltimore has. No offense, but show some decency. Before Baxter signed, I was in the Cowboys forum congratulating them on their signing of Anthony Henry. It was cool to see other fans getting excited about a player we had to convince other fans was any good at all. The Bills got themselves a good QB, but an even better man. Kelly's work ethic and level head throughout some tumultuous times always impressed me. I'm glad the man who is replacing him is equally respectable.

If a player leaves your team through free agency, you can't get mad. It's a business, and you can't be mad when a business decision does not go your way. You wish them luck, and move on.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt agree more with you Thunderdawg

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
akrongoblue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think cleveland has always done a nice job of recognizing and cheering for most of its players that have left. I can't think of any Browns that come to mind as becoming "evil" once they left town other than of course the former owner whom I shall never mention. Even recent players with some issues like KJ and Warren are wished well in their new setting. In the other sports I can only think of Albert Belle and Boozer as receiving the fans wrathe for leaving. All around I believe this is the BEST sportstown and with SAVAGE in control we will show it on the field for a change!
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny but if you look at the posts they made b-4 Baxter left(when they thought he was staying)he was a great player....now that he left them he is nothing more than a solid no.2 corner...your right they are very fickle and not very knowledgable.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, they are awesome fans, arent they?

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my defense, a lot of my trashing was immediately after the signing, i've since calmed down and yes i'm happy for baxter. ditchdigger gave me the best explanation about why baxter isn't in baltimore, i'm happy for him if hes happy. i think you guys are getting a heck of a player too, a better safety than corner but still a good CB. just never match him up against TO Wink
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my defense, a lot of my trashing was immediately after the signing, i've since calmed down and yes i'm happy for baxter. ditchdigger gave me the best explanation about why baxter isn't in baltimore, i'm happy for him if hes happy. i think you guys are getting a heck of a player too, a better safety than corner but still a good CB. just never match him up against TO Wink
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: