Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: My mock Reply with quote

First, I know this version will take a lot of criticism.

Second, this is not a mock based on what I hope happens. This is a mock based on players I believe fit the teams needs in both the short and long term that have a greater than 50-50 chance of being available at the drafted position.

All intelligent criticism is welcome.

1 Jamon Meredith T, South Carolina - Can be a mauling RT with the flexibility to move to guard with age. I am projecting Mack, V. Davis, E. Britton, and J. Gilbert are off the board.

2 TJ Lang OG, Eastern Michigan- Immediately competes at RG and offers 5 position versatility along the OL

3 Kevin Barnes CB, Maryland- Smart, good-sized corner that has the tackling skills to excel in a zone scheme

4 Jarrett Dillard WR, Rice-Explosive, professional receiver that can contribute immediately out of the slot

5 Richard Quinn TE, North Carolina-Possibly the best blocking TE in the class. Complements Miller and Spaeth nicely.

5 Everett Pedescleaux DE, Northern Iowa - 6'6" 300 pound developmental DE

6 AQ Shipley C, Penn St. - Hartwig's potential replacement in 2010. Throwback C with reasonable mobility.

7 Frank Summers RB, UNLV- Carey Davis's replacement hopefully sooner rather than later.

7 Khalif Mitchell DT, East Carolina

Tear it up.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Last edited by treat88 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bust my tv once I get it back from the repair shop if that draft happens don't like any of the picks.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 and 2 are ok players just not that early for us. Rounds 5 and 6 are good.
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get TJ Lang, but in the 4th. I'd also really like to get Frank the Tank.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes.

The first 3 picks are all reaches.

I dont necessarily dislike any of the players, just where they are.
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Yikes.

The first 3 picks are all reaches.

I don't necessarily dislike any of the players, just where they are.

According to...?

I used Draft Scout, Walter Football, and Draft Countdown as general guides to value.

I don't believe any of these players would be available a round later than projected.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
StillersFury

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same board...My mock...It's a mock contest pick We actually are awarding a quality prize for the winner.

Rules

Correct player in correct round and slot = 4 points (ex. you pick: 1.32 Alex Mack correct = 4 points)
Correct player in correct round but wrong slot = 3 points (ex. 1.32 Alex Mack, but Steelers trade up to 28 to take him then = 3 points)
Correct player, wrong round or correct player with a bonus pick = 2 points (ex. you pick 2.64 Alex Mack but Steelers took him at 1.32 then = 2 points)

You can predict trades if you wish. For example, If you think the Steelers will trade pick 32 and 96 up to pick 21, then just put that in your mock. Make sure you have 12 picks total.

The format is:
7. 241
bonus
bonus
bonus

1.Jaron Gilbert DE
2.Ron Brace NT BC
3.Austin Collie Wr BYU
4.Kraig Urbik G/T Badgers
5..Joel Bell OT Furman
5.Lee Robinson LB Alcorn ST
6.Don Carey CB Norfolk St
7.Anthony Hill TE NC St
7.DJ Johnson FB Ark St

Bonus-Alphonso Smith CB WFU
Bonus-Duke Robinson G/T OU
Bonus-Sammie Lee Hill DE Stillman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

I used Draft Scout.

Shame on you

thats your first problem

Good site for hard numbers, the worst site going for draft projections.

absolutely horrible.

I dont even look at that site anymore, I think its a joke. The only thing its good for is its 750 compilation and workout numbers database

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
treat88 wrote:

I used Draft Scout.

Shame on you

thats your first problem

Good site for hard numbers, the worst site going for draft projections.

absolutely horrible.

I dont even look at that site anymore, I think its a joke. The only thing its good for is its 750 compilation and workout numbers database

Cool

Note the amongst others part.

Honestly, I made up the mock and then checked the projected rounds against the sites indicated.

I know how random and worthless mocks are, but for me, every one of these players fits a need, fits the scheme, and makes sense from both a talent and upside perspective.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meredith is a very poor choice in the 1st, especially if you're talking about the one who played for South Carolina, not Clemson.

I do actually like the rest of your draft. All solid picks, not sure its possible. Barnes I believe will go late 2nd early 3rd. Lang is climbing and I like him alot perhaps for mock sakes you can switch around 2nd and 3rd.

Seems very late for Shipley who I believe the Eagles will take with one of their many picks in the 5th. They seem to have a tendency to take 1 or 2 of the players we are looking at.

What happened to your other 7th rounder?
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Meredith is a very poor choice in the 1st, especially if you're talking about the one who played for South Carolina, not Clemson.

I do actually like the rest of your draft. All solid picks, not sure its possible. Barnes I believe will go late 2nd early 3rd. Lang is climbing and I like him alot perhaps for mock sakes you can switch around 2nd and 3rd.

Seems very late for Shipley who I believe the Eagles will take with one of their many picks in the 5th. They seem to have a tendency to take 1 or 2 of the players we are looking at.

What happened to your other 7th rounder?

Yeah, SC not Clemson. Missed that.

Missed the 2nd 7th as well. Long day already at that point. Thnx.

Will update.

Last edited by treat88 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
shanko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Meredith is a little high and so is Lang but you are right they are gone at our next pick.

It just doesn't seem like a BPA draft though.
SteelSedition

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Same board...My mock...It's a mock contest pick We actually are awarding a quality prize for the winner.

Rules

Correct player in correct round and slot = 4 points (ex. you pick: 1.32 Alex Mack correct = 4 points)
Correct player in correct round but wrong slot = 3 points (ex. 1.32 Alex Mack, but Steelers trade up to 28 to take him then = 3 points)
Correct player, wrong round or correct player with a bonus pick = 2 points (ex. you pick 2.64 Alex Mack but Steelers took him at 1.32 then = 2 points)

You can predict trades if you wish. For example, If you think the Steelers will trade pick 32 and 96 up to pick 21, then just put that in your mock. Make sure you have 12 picks total.

The format is:
7. 241
bonus
bonus
bonus

1.Jaron Gilbert DE
2.Ron Brace NT BC
3.Austin Collie Wr BYU
4.Kraig Urbik G/T Badgers
5..Joel Bell OT Furman
5.Lee Robinson LB Alcorn ST
6.Don Carey CB Norfolk St
7.Anthony Hill TE NC St
7.DJ Johnson FB Ark St

Bonus-Alphonso Smith CB WFU
Bonus-Duke Robinson G/T OU
Bonus-Sammie Lee Hill DE Stillman

In my mock on this site and Fury I had Gilber in 1st and Brace in the 2nd and people laughed at me Crying or Very sad

I see Austin Collie (Hardnosed pimps him if I'm not mistaken) and Joel Bell a lot. Care to divulge some background info?
StillersFury

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel Bell is a mountain of a man with very long arms and very good feet...I understand Mike Lombardi is not a draft guru like Steve Wyche or Mike Mayock (that was sarcasm)...Lombardi stated Bell has the second best feet of any tackle in this draft behind Jason Smith.

Bell needs technique work...Level of competition is a concern...Bell also lacks a killer instinct he is not a nasty man like Andre Smith or AQ Shipley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi reads right off of Mayocks hand written notes

I'll always remember him as the guy who gave a report on BC LT Goosedeer Cherryloose right before the draft last year.

Its like listening to a scouting report from, well lets say the guy whose on a 2 week hiatus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: