You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Multiple game suspension coming for Brandon Marshall?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BRONCOS_BABY!!!


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 7620
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
I think AnAngryAmerican just got angrier. McDaniels has single handedly sunk a ship that cound have challanged for the Division title. I is going to take a monumental meltdown for the Chargers not to run away with this thing.


You're right. It was his fault that Marshall has the mind of a ten year old. Rolling Eyes Some of the hate McD receives on this board is utterly ridiculous. He has sunken the ship Really? Last time I checked, he has not lost a game yet. It is arguable that he has worsened our team, but it is also arguable that he has bettered our team, and both arguments have been nearly exhausted. But please, reserve judgment until you see the man coach at least one play


That is fair. But there is a reason Orton won games. He had a damn good defense. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bronco's Defense was 23ed last year. So instead of coming in and fixing a horrid defense he messes with the QB situation. Right now it is just speculation. While I may not have liked Shannahan he was a fine coach. With what McD has done, I think you maybe giving him more credit than he is due. But I stand by my origional prediction. Chargers are going to run away with it.


They were average at best. Hopefully our D will be average next year on defense


Chicago:

Points: 21.9(16th) Yards: 334.7(21st) Pass YDS: 241.2(30th) Rush YRDS: 93.5(5th)

Denver:

Points: 28.0(30th) Yards: 374.6(29th) Pass YDS:228.5(26th) Rush YDS: 146.1(27th)

The only category Chicago leads in is Passing Yards. Average at best? yeah I don't think so. The NFC North has some tough defenses. You've gout uh The Chargers.


You'd have been better off just making up numbers for Chicago's defense. Now you look foolish for calling the numbers you just posted anything but average. Embarrassing.


Yeah I'll take my chances looking foolish. Also stating that the Bears had a lot of injuries last season on there defense. Chicago will be fighting for a division title and Denver will enjoy not making the playoffs...er I mean Cutler will enjoy Denver not making the playoffs. But to be fair the Bears won't be there either. Laughing

Why the hell am I deafening the Bears anyway....

The injury excuse is irrelevant. Denver had more injuries then any NFL team. And not that I think Denver will be that good, but the Bears aren't exactly anything to brag about.
_________________
BRONCO WATCH 2012/13 | VON MILLER | TCK 4.0 | SCK 2.0 | INT 0 | FF 0 | PD 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoBruin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 13063
Location: La Mesa, CA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Ok, but why did you even need to bring up the numbers when they didn't look good to begin with? People post stats in these arguments to impress their opposition, not to agree with them.


To me they arn't average considering how many injuries they've had with little to no offensive production. Jay Cutler made them that much better. if they are just "average" then I guess average is good enough to fight for a title between them Minny, and Green Bay.


The point I'm making is that bringing up those numbers like they're something to brag about didn't make sense in that case, because the numbers aren't good at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whenmidgetsatak


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7018
Location: University of Kansas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRONCOS_BABY!!! wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
I think AnAngryAmerican just got angrier. McDaniels has single handedly sunk a ship that cound have challanged for the Division title. I is going to take a monumental meltdown for the Chargers not to run away with this thing.


You're right. It was his fault that Marshall has the mind of a ten year old. Rolling Eyes Some of the hate McD receives on this board is utterly ridiculous. He has sunken the ship Really? Last time I checked, he has not lost a game yet. It is arguable that he has worsened our team, but it is also arguable that he has bettered our team, and both arguments have been nearly exhausted. But please, reserve judgment until you see the man coach at least one play


That is fair. But there is a reason Orton won games. He had a damn good defense. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bronco's Defense was 23ed last year. So instead of coming in and fixing a horrid defense he messes with the QB situation. Right now it is just speculation. While I may not have liked Shannahan he was a fine coach. With what McD has done, I think you maybe giving him more credit than he is due. But I stand by my origional prediction. Chargers are going to run away with it.


They were average at best. Hopefully our D will be average next year on defense


Chicago:

Points: 21.9(16th) Yards: 334.7(21st) Pass YDS: 241.2(30th) Rush YRDS: 93.5(5th)

Denver:

Points: 28.0(30th) Yards: 374.6(29th) Pass YDS:228.5(26th) Rush YDS: 146.1(27th)

The only category Chicago leads in is Passing Yards. Average at best? yeah I don't think so. The NFC North has some tough defenses. You've gout uh The Chargers.


You'd have been better off just making up numbers for Chicago's defense. Now you look foolish for calling the numbers you just posted anything but average. Embarrassing.


Yeah I'll take my chances looking foolish. Also stating that the Bears had a lot of injuries last season on there defense. Chicago will be fighting for a division title and Denver will enjoy not making the playoffs...er I mean Cutler will enjoy Denver not making the playoffs. But to be fair the Bears won't be there either. Laughing

Why the hell am I deafening the Bears anyway....

The injury excuse is irrelevant. Denver had more injuries then any NFL team. And not that I think Denver will be that good, but the Bears aren't exactly anything to brag about.


I am not the most knowledgeable Bears fan, but as far as I know they are pretty injured every year. Also, they dont have a lot of young talent, so they are just getting older. I would be surprised if they improved next year honestly. But then again I hardly watch the Bears, this is just my opinion from what I see
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
If I were [Peyton], I'd be on the phone with my agent BEGGING to see if Tennessee and San Fran are still interested


^This guy is our forum mod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 14089
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Ok, but why did you even need to bring up the numbers when they didn't look good to begin with? People post stats in these arguments to impress their opposition, not to agree with them.


To me they arn't average considering how many injuries they've had with little to no offensive production. Jay Cutler made them that much better. if they are just "average" then I guess average is good enough to fight for a title between them Minny, and Green Bay.


The point I'm making is that bringing up those numbers like they're something to brag about didn't make sense in that case, because the numbers aren't good at all.


No they are not to anything to brag about, but they are good enough to get my point across. Bears 5th in Rushing vs The Broncos 27th. They improve there secondary and they have another good defense to make a run. The Broncos defense is so god awful it isn't funny. I'd say the numbers on the Bears defense are above average with what they had to work with.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whenmidgetsatak


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7018
Location: University of Kansas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Ok, but why did you even need to bring up the numbers when they didn't look good to begin with? People post stats in these arguments to impress their opposition, not to agree with them.


To me they arn't average considering how many injuries they've had with little to no offensive production. Jay Cutler made them that much better. if they are just "average" then I guess average is good enough to fight for a title between them Minny, and Green Bay.


The point I'm making is that bringing up those numbers like they're something to brag about didn't make sense in that case, because the numbers aren't good at all.


No they are not to anything to brag about, but they are good enough to get my point across. Bears 5th in Rushing vs The Broncos 27th. They improve there secondary and they have another good defense to make a run. The Broncos defense is so god awful it isn't funny. I'd say the numbers on the Bears defense are above average with what they had to work with.


twslhs20 wrote:

But there is a reason Orton won games. He had a damn good defense.


Dude, just stop.
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
If I were [Peyton], I'd be on the phone with my agent BEGGING to see if Tennessee and San Fran are still interested


^This guy is our forum mod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group