Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Texans Nation Awards Show [FINISHED!]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: The Texans Nation Awards Show [FINISHED!] Reply with quote

Well, it has been a long time coming for these awards. (If I did my math correctly, it has been about 8 months actually.) However, my momma always told me to finish every thing I started so I'm going to host this award show right now.

These awards remind me of a sports story. As a sixth grader in "junior high" we either had to participate in track or go to art class. My art teacher absolutely hated me so I had no option but to run track. Now, I have always loved playing sports but I was never the fastest guy on a team so my friends laughed at me for wanting to run track.

My track coach recognized my "talent" and decided that I should run the 3200 so our team could win the local track meet. He said all I had to do was run the race and get third place. Now I may not be fast, but I sure loved the idea of getting a medal.

So the district track meet came and my race came up. I looked to my right and there was one person next to me. Then I looked to my left and there was one person next to me. My coach tricked me into running a race of only three people. After running what I would describe the best 16 minutes of my life, I was greeted by my mom cheering me on at the end.

So that is my personal story of why the TNAs and my track career go hand-in-hand.

With that said, I will be handing out the awards over the next couple of days. It is going to be really informal of when I will be online, but these awards will get presented.

[I'm going to ask no one post in this thread until I reserve 5 posts on this thread in order for better readability of the thread.]

Last edited by Dangerous59 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we start the award show, I would like to thank EliteTexan80 and Goose for modding over the Houston Texans Forum. They really are two of the better mods on this Forum, and some times go unnoticed. So here is an internet hand clap from me to y'all. Also, another shout out to Lork for making all the sigs in this award show as well as every other sig that a Texans Nation member is sporting.

Now on to some fun. Now our first award, Jacoby Jones Award, I don't know if it is a compliment or not but it is an honor. However, the recipient is definitely deserving of many compliments. The past couple seasons he has been around posting in game day threads and just about every other thread made on this forum. Even though the post may just be a simple "I agree" or he may go in depth and post a sentence or two... (I just was informed by our producers this isn't the Texans Nation Roast)... so with out further to do, Blaze come down and accept your award.

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsJacoby.png[/IMG]

Our next award is going to one of my favorite posters on this site. The Eric Winston Award is definitely going to an underrated poster. Whether he is going in depth on one his draft threads, or just making another one of his quality posts in a thread, this poster is a real asset to this forum. He also made a great call for the NCAA Tourney (which I followed his advice) by picking Villanova to go deep into the tourner. Will Mse326 come up here and accept his award.

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsWinston.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Dangerous59 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, was that a good break from this show. Mom made some home-cooked enchiladas, had a little beans, rice, queso dip, and topped it off with a great cup of coffee. Definitely don't enjoy that in the dining halls at good 'ole Baylor. Well, y'all don't care about my dinner so I'll get to the real treat.

The Alex Gibbs Award goes to one of my favorite posters on this site. He definitely is one of the most respected posters on this site, and will make a great minister when he graduates college. Every time I see posted in a thread I make sure to read it. Plus, after his past two months on this site, ESPN and the Houston Texans should be trying to hire him. He has made my favorite mock draft on this site and ran a beautiful FFMD. He may go to We Like Sheep University, but Kenney come up and accept what is rightfully yours.

Code:
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9725/gibbsut4.png[/img]

The Mario Williams Award is very deserving. This poster definitely lives his life in the fast lane despite his part of the country thinking it is 2004. I'm sure where he lives more people think that Brett Favre is President than Barack Obama. Like Blaze, this poster responds to nearly every thread posted on this forum. However, unlike Blaze, this poster is very confrontational in his posting. Hate him or love him, he is definitely amazing. He loves his Texans and will be there for any Texans member. Last year I wasn't able to watch the NFL Draft due to other circumstances. This poster stepped up and texted me pick by pick the draft. For that I am very grateful, and I am proud to present amazingandre or aX2 with his rightful award.

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsMario2.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Dangerous59 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from seeing the movie 12 Rounds and feel like joining in the FBI, but instead of doing that I'll post three more awards! That sounds exciting!

Our Gary Kubiak Award is going to one of the most recognizable faces in the Houston Texans Forum. He is one of the most respected members inside and outside the forum. (I have picked up some chatter from other members that he deserves to be a FF MVP Candidate in the next voting!) Members like him because he knows his stuff. He is truly a quality member of this forum and I love every post of his. So Jaytrajick, come up here and accept your award!

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsKubiak.png[/IMG]

The next award is going to a true expert. The Richard Smith Award goes to the member of our forum that has recently been fired... (Wait a minute, I was just told that it is the Rick Smith Award. That was a close one, it would have been awkward to have a Richard Smith Award.) The Rick Smith Award is going to a true draft expert. I love his posts, and especially read his draft related posts. In a forum filled with great draft guys, I am glad to honor ThefootballXpert with this award.

Code:
[IMG]http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7733/texanawardssmithsg2.png[/IMG]

With our last award of the day goes out to a up-and-comer. Even though I petitioned for the Amobi Okoye Award to go to the best username, the award is still going to great use for the best poster under 18. I would never have known by this guys posts that he was under 18 and still in high school. Not that being 18 and under is bad, he just puts great thought and depth into his posts. If age makes you smarter, he may follow in some of our fellow members footsteps and go to some great Universities... *cough*Baylor*cough*. I'm sure you can play every position for our football team here as well. Will Grasspike please stand up?

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsOkoye.png[/IMG]

Stay tuned, there are some more surprises for the readers.

Last edited by Dangerous59 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, y'all are in for a good show today. Our 'Meco and Andre awards are going out. This is the post everyone has been waiting for. So I won't ramble any more and get to the awards.

For our Demeco Ryans Award, we have truly a great recipient of the award. I will say he is the most liked guy on this forum. I know he is no longer considered a rookie but he put a lot of time and effort into this forum. Not only does in contribute in the Texans forum, but I have seen quality posts all over the site under his name. Like Ryans, he won rookie of the year in the TNA's but now has stepped up and become a pro bowl poster. It is a shame that he actually has a real life outside the forum, despite his busy life he still posts on this forum. He is definitely a great homey to this forum so will Jacoby's Homey please come accept this award.

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsRyans.png[/IMG]

Now on to the real enchilada, the Andre Johnson Award is finally here. Needless to say, there are a lot of great posters in this forum. If I can recall correctly, there were 6 members who received first place votes for this award, and around 12 that received votes for this award. It came down to the final ballot to determine the award. With that said, a truly great poster won the award. When this poster first arrived on this forum, we had no clue what to do with him. He had long, drawn out arguments against some of our favorite players and coaches on this forum. He did not go with the flow, yet he caused each one of us to reexamine our views on the team. Thus, he challenged us to make up our own opinions instead of just agreeing with each other. Some members on forums may want to have a high post count for show. This member does not care about his post count; rather, he puts time and effort into each one of his post. Some say he is from outer space, while others say he is just a horse. There is even one guy around here calling him the second coming of Nostradamus. However, I call this Baylor Alum, Apollo Stallion. It is a true honor to have you on this forum.

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/MACdaddyB88/Photoshop/TexanAwardsAJ.png[/IMG]

P.S- (What a great year for Baylor. We could have the top overall pick, we had the best freshman QB, we had the best host for the Texans Nation Awards, and now we have the best overall poster in the forum. Sic 'em Bears.)

P.P.S- There is one more award out there. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Dangerous59 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a special award, Lork 88 receives his rightfully due Longtime Achievement Award. Instead of me posting about him, I decided to ask the members of Texans Nation on what they thought about Lork.

kenney wrote:
When talking about LORK, the breadth and depth of his contributions to our community and the website in general is staggering. His signatures and avatars are the badges by which we identify ourselves with our favorite team and more importantly each other. Serving as GM during FFMD I 09, I'd have been completely lost without LORK giving me patient input, fielding inquiries from other posters, and being ever-willing to give reasonable, sound advice. His understanding of the team and of football in general is admirable, and his good-natured and friendly attitude make him an extremely likable poster. On the short list of guys who define everything Texans Nation is at its best, LORK takes the cake.

goose85 wrote:
Id like to say Lork was one of the originals. Back then it was basically 3 or 4 of us talking Texans football with very little organization. The only reason we grew was because of great posts and insight and I don't think anybody on this forum did or well does like Lork. I've been a mod for 3 years of up and downs and Lork was probably the first I could truly rely on. There is not one other poster I respect more on this forum than Lork and Id like to thank him for everything he has done.

-goose

EliteTexan80 wrote:
When I first joined this site, there were a scant few Texans who were on this site. You had some, but not nearly as many as we boast today. However, despite the small numbers, there was one poster who was always on top of the Texans moves...somebody who would share inside information on collegiate players...and somebody who nailed the gameday analysis week-in and week-out.

That member's name...is LORK.

Since then, our numbers have grown by leaps and bound...and while each one of us brings in a new and fresh take on who the Texans are, the one constant in this part of the world is that LORK is amongst the best in tersm of knowledge and ability to share the information he has. He has been a sorce of information, a formidable foe in a debate as well as a loyal and fierce member who will stand up for the team that we hold near and dear to our hearts.

LORK, you have been one of the cornerstones of this forum, and I can honestly say that your presence here makes everyone that much better. The knowledge that you have teamed with the demeanor that you carry in sharing this information makes all the members of TEXANS NATION better...and your sigs ensure that we look GOOD when posting in various areas.

(...speaking of which, I'm gonna need some help with my Ari Gold sig...)

LORK...this "Lifetime Achievement Award" is well deserved and I cannot think of anyone better to get it. You have been a friend to us all, a bastion of information and a defender against the goofs we've encountered over the years (JOHNNY TEXAN, T-Bro, gatorboy5...you know the roster...)

Thank you LORK, for making this forum the greatest forum on the World Wide Web, and thank you for cheering for the great TEXANS NATION.

EliteTexan80
PRESIDENT and CEO
TEXANS NATION

amazingandre wrote:
Thanks LORK for all you contribute to the forum. From your insightful posts to your great sig work you are a vital part of TexansNation. Heres to many years rooting on our favorite team side by side!!!!!

Blaze wrote:
I can give you more than a few sentences about Lork but ill some it up. Lork is arguably one of the most recognizable posters on this posters. Honestly, he is one of the maybe 3 posters that when they post, i make sure to read and comprehend what they are saying. His knowledge of football is second to none. I just have to look past the fact he is a Tech fan. Laughing

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Lork, you're one of the few members that when I see you post, I make time to read it. Whether it's funny, serious, or totally proving some troll fan wrong, there is nothing like a Lork post. I thank you for all you've done for this site, and there aren't gonna be many that come around like you.

P.S. You make my sigs all pretty too =P

Thanks again Lork for all that you do. Your buddy Keato made you a sig a while back so here it is:

Code:
[img]http://www.o2designz.com/forum/uploads/U58-1226103853.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Dangerous59 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to at least post one today, right?
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for doing this, I've just been so busy...

Your story about the 2 mil is actually pretty funny. I had to run it a few weeks back, and it was terrible. But it didn't take me 16 minutes Laughing.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this, although im new here everyone is really cool so be interesting to see who wins what

Dangerous59

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

Will two be ok right now.. Laughing

(I will be doing 2 at a time)
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Will two be ok right now.. Laughing

(I will be doing 2 at a time)

No. I demand you only do one. Laughing

EDIT: Congrats to Blaze and mse326, two of the best posters on the site. It's a real privilege to be able to talk to you guys and have your input on our beloved team. You both deserve these awards.
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Blaze and Mse!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Congrats Blaze and Mse!!!!!!

Congrats Blaze and MSE. Now you can take off that UH sig and give it a break. Lol jk Laughing

Andre Johnson stat tracker: 90 Rec 1,433 Yds 8 TD
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, this is so unexpected. I didn't prepare a speach but thankfully my mom was prepared for such an occasion.

"I'd like to thank my beautiful, funny, beautiful, sweet, beautiful, caring, beautiful, supporting, and beautiful mother"

And apparently that is all she thought was important so I'm winging it from here.

Honestly, thanks guys it is a real honor. It's been pleasure to come here over the past year + and talk Texans and football in general with some very knowledgable posters. Looking forward for this next year to be just as fun while being able to support our first playoff squad in team history.

#JDI
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would go ahead and post this, this is Texans Fan's write up for mse's award.

Quote:
The Eric Winston award is presented to mse326.

The Eric Winston award is voted upon for the most under-rated of posters. Mse326 has never been shy to state his opinions in any threads, with Texans fans or in the general forums. What sets him apart is his ability to engage in these discussions without waging personal attacks on his counter-parts. His overall knowledge of the game, and of the Texans, is appreciated by those whom he is commenting with. This means that, while his opinion is always appreciated, he often falls under the radar when discussions of the most knowledgeable posters are tossed around. He has been a wonderful addition to the Texans forum, and footballsfuture, overall.
Mse326 has been with the Texans forum for only the past year, and has made enough of an impact to be voted this award by his fellow posters. While not as flashy or outspoken as some of the other posters on the board, mse326 is an invaluable member of the forum and more than deserving of the award.
Congratulations to mse326 for being voted as the Eric Winston award recipient from the Texans Nation forum.

Great job to both of you, Blaze and mse.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: