Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grab Plax and trade down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Grab Plax and trade down Reply with quote

Whats the deal with Plax? I figured he would be one of the 1st FA pickups of the season. He's solid, 6-5 220 lbs., fast, has got the hands, whats not to like? I say the bears grab him, dont worry about a WR in the draft, and either take their desired RB w/the 4th overall pick, or trade down, and take their coveted RB and get a OT also. That way in the 2nd round they can grab a solid LB to fill that hole. It totaly makes sense, why not? I know that Plax is being courted by the G-men, but that would be a sweet deal.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
DABEARS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah so he can fill the same role he did at pittsburgh that he hated - being a #2 on a running dominant team. plus we dont have half the $ left on the cap to sign him.
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have the cap room to sign him. For him to take less money, what do we have to offer? An experienced QB? No. The number one role? No. A team that is going to pass 50 times a game? No. I think character issues have scared teams a little bit. I don't know where he will end up because teams that want/need him don't have money for him. Minnesota seems like a no brainer (Plenty of cap space, good QB, No #1, and a team who wants to pass the ball). I believe the cheapness of Red McCombs/possibility of new ownership. Assuming Minnesota can't get their act together, why not San Diego? If I am not mistaken, they aren't sitting terribly cap wise, they need someone to stretch the field, and they could focus both first round picks on Defense and possibly be Super Bowl contenders next year.

Thanks so much Scar!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: