Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are the Redskins interested in Miller?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brak86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Are the Redskins interested in Miller? Reply with quote

Hey you all....it seems like with the addition of Patten and Moss....They could use another WR but it isnt a top priority.

If they dont trade down, do you all see the redskins maybe pickin Heath MilleR? you all were about to pick winslow last year but didnt. You all could use some more blocking and a pretty good WR cant you?
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could use him but still if either edwards or williams is still at 9 we are still taken 1 of them
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we added Patten and Moss, but we subtracted Coles and Gardner, so our WRs are worse than last year even.

Miller is a good player, but not for our first round pick. He fits in value-wise around the late teens and early 20s. Plus, we don't really use the TE as a receiver, so there's not a real pressing need for him. Just need a dominant in-line run blocker.
brak86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yall can trade out of that pick and maybe get miller, Brown, or barron maybe?
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have miller, but we are trading up with our pick and gardner to take williams or edwards in the draft. We aren't trading down unless we get shut out of the earlier picks and niether is available (no sense going with Troy Williamson who is small and speedy, we just added two of them in moss and patton)

Mike Williams is the key

Who are we going after at DE?????
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller we might target if we traded down, but not Brown or Barron. We have both of our tackles locked up for many years, and they are a great tandem. We also just drafted two backup tackles last year in the later rounds.

At DE, I could possibly see us targeting Shawne Merriman if Mike/Braylon are out of reach and he proves to be big enough to play the spot. Other than him, I don't see any rush DEs worth the 9th pick. It would probably have to be a trade down situation. In the 3rd we could target someone like Jovan Haye from Vandy who had a real good combine and is an impressive physical player. We really need to add that one guy who is always putting pressure on the QB from the outside and forces teams to tailor blocking schemes to shutting him down. However, I don't know if this is the year to find one. Reggie Hayward is gone in FA already and I really would rather use the draft to address Mike Williams. We may have to make that the priority for next season and stick with Wynn, Daniels, Warner, Evans, etc. this year
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the Skins are going to trade out of the #9 pick. Either go up to get Williams or down to get a DE and a 2nd rounder. If Merriman, Rolle or Pac-man are still there at 9, I think that there will be some teams that will want to come up and get one of them.

I don't know much about Miller, other than he's the concensus #1 TE. If he's more of a blocker than a receiver, I could see the Skins making that pick after they trade down.
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller is an above average Blocker and a great receiving TE, so basically he'd be a great pick up. he's like a Jeremy Shockey without the flair, and probably doesn't have the speed that Shockey does, but on the otherhand Miller is a better blocker, I read somewhere he's almost as good as having another lineman out there. I think Mel Kiper wrote that.

We definelty shouldn't draft him #9 overall though, we should move down and hope we get him, if we are going to go that route.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: