Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Claiborne signs three-year deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Claiborne signs three-year deal Reply with quote

Rams | Claiborne Signs Three-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:41:10 -0800

ESPNews reports the St. Louis Rams have signed free agent LB Chris Claiborne (Vikings) to a three-year, $10.5 million contract.

Along with the Coakley signing the Rams will have a very talented LB crew.
secondeye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Claiborne signs three-year deal Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
Rams | Claiborne Signs Three-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:41:10 -0800

ESPNews reports the St. Louis Rams have signed free agent LB Chris Claiborne (Vikings) to a three-year, $10.5 million contract.

Along with the Coakley signing the Rams will have a very talented LB crew.

True, provided Claiborne spends more than a few weeks off the IR. I think he only missed 4 games with us last year, but he was unhealthy for all but a handful of games. The difference towards the end of the year when he finally seemed as good to go as he can get was night and day.

Pray for him not to do anything to his fragile lower body and you'll get a relatively fast, solid tackling, ok in pass coverage LB. I imagine he wants to return to his love position of MLB, but I think it 'll only be a matter of time before he's pushed to the outside where he belongs.

Enjoy. At least you didn't completely break the bank.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nickelpete

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claiborne...
For every inspired performance, with 15 tackles, a sack and a fumble recovery or what-not, you're gonna get 3 or 4 slack-job performances with Claiborne being out of position, missing tackles, or being completely blocked out of the play by a 180 lb wideout. Never seen a guy as big and fast as Claiborne unable to shed blockers! Don't ask about time spent on the IR with a hang nail or a muscle cramp. The Lions knew what he's about, now the Vikings know...
Claiborne has bucketloads of talent which I can only assume he must be saving up for a rainy day or something. Maybe Martzy can inspire him, but I'm skeptical. I'm sure the Vikings will not be losing sleep over his signing.
Halradio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Clairborne has underwhelmed since being drafted in the first round by Detroit.

However, for all his faults he unquestionably an upgrade at MLB over Robert Thomas.

The Rams have had some success with reclamation projects with other former first rounders and they didn't over pay for him so all in all they made a good pick up.
aheineken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
I agree Clairborne has underwhelmed since being drafted in the first round by Detroit.

However, for all his faults he unquestionably an upgrade at MLB over Robert Thomas.

The Rams have had some success with reclamation projects with other former first rounders and they didn't over pay for him so all in all they made a good pick up.

Definitely agree. He's a huge improvement over Thomas, who really should have never been an NFL MLB anyway. If he can stay healthy, Claiborne might end up being the FA steal of the year. This move might also give Thomas a chance to have success at WLB.
magscivic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Coakley is going to play WLB and Chillar/Thomas will play SLB

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent
aheineken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magscivic wrote:
I thought Coakley is going to play WLB and Chillar/Thomas will play SLB

You might be right. I was just speculating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: