Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Burress A Giant Tomorrow?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Burress A Giant Tomorrow? Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2006620

it looks like the giants will continue turning their team into a super bowl contender as early as next season with the signing of plaxico burress. he is gonna visit tomorrow and is very interested due to new york's talent on offense and the market that awaits him. i am not too thrilled with him, although to be fair plaxico has never gotten the chance to be a no.1 WR and has always been relegated second fiddle to ward in a primarily rushing offense to begin with. i still say we should draft chris henry in the 2nd round, as toomer doesnt have that much left in him and henry has a world of talent. with shockey, henry, burress, toomer and our young speedsters jamaar taylor, david tyree, and tim carter, the giants might have a very deep and explosive offense, not to mention barber who was the top in yards from scrimmage this past season. eli will have a ton of weapons and time to find them with our young rebuilt line.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not need Plaxico Burress. He is a speedy receiver and we already have too many. We have Taylor, Carter, and Tyree. What we really need is a possession receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody needs a "possession receiver", thats just something stupid announcers call guys who get a first down and cant get any yards after the catch. Plaxico, at 6-5, 230 and topline speed, is a huge mismatch for any corner, the only knock i have on him is what seems like inconsistency, but in all reality that can be attributed to being a no.2 WR in rushing-oriented offense. if we do indeed get him, he'll be our no.1 guy without question, and if we draft Henry, thats two big time playmakers with Henry standing at 6-4, 190. and then u have Toomer at 6-3, 208, which could make for a huge receiver corps. i hope accorsi does indeed draft Henry, the Giants are at a stage where they need to build around Eli, and possibly give ourselves one of the best young offenses in the NFL. then we can look to defense later on.

Bigbloo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime you get a 6'5 wideout with gamebreaking speed, you cannot look at it negatively. Unless hes a locker room killer, which i dont know anything about.
RoyWillKnockYouOut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha dude... Superbowl Contender?.... The Steelers couldn't get there with him... but you think the Giants will? how can you expect anybody to take you seriously when you think its so easy to get to the Big Show... get your team over .500, dont turn into a redskins fan and think you can skip the whole rebuilding process.... YOUR NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR...

Don't be jealous.
Joro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, realize we are in the nfc, not the afc. second, the giants arent any team, they have one of the most poised young qbs to come around in a long time. to boot, they have one of the best running backs in the league and jeremy shockey who is one of the biggest mismatches in the league. if we get burress and draft chris henry, thats two big time play makers added to our receiving corps. and on defense, we have one of the best defensive ends ever, along with a osi umenyiora who is poised to have a breakout season. at LB, we just signed one of the breakout stars from last year in antonio pierce and he will go great lengths to bolstering our already solid D. and our secondary has got to be one of the league's best, with the wills at corner, and gibril wilson who is a big time playmaker which the giants havent had in a while.

dont be bitter cuz ur cowboys are still so far away.

Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey joro, im a huge giants fan, however, super bowl may be a stretch. yea tiki is good, eli is gonna be amazing, but this team needs to come together and learn each other's tendancies, that is very hard to do in one year.... Also, you have to calm down a little, we will not get plex and then draft another reciever 2nd round.. we would end up with like 11 WR. No team in the NFL will have that many. its either going to be plex OR a 2nd round WR, not both. Shockey is amazing and has potential but he is a bit of a headcase and keeping him in and blocking seems to be reeking havoc on his hands. However, i agree that our defense has gotten a much needed boost.

On the other hand why are there so many cowboy fans comming into a giants forum? There should be plenty for u guys to be excited about with Tuna and his past players re-uniting...
RoyWillKnockYouOut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joro, trust me... theres nothing you can say, that i dont already know...i forgot more than you ever knew... i was the first one here to post about burress to begin with...

i'm on this forum to let my friend, bigbloo, know any info i get about his team... as well as chat, but joro is crazy

Don't be jealous.
Bigbloo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super bowl talk is crazy right now, lets play some games, you call an undrafted rookie an NFL "Playmaker" yet(i once remember a great player in college who won the heisman looked to be a great NFLer his name Ron Dayne) And Dayne was projected round 1. Another thing we won 10 games last 2 years. What has happened to the eagles? Last I looked they are probably gonna win the division again. Not even to mention Bill signed himself some players. We are in one of the hardest divisions in the league if not the hardest. Lets see where we stand after the draft and play some games, than we can talk some projections. And Nick to say YOU WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS is almost as bad as saying we're goin to the super bowl, you cant say anything until the team hits the field, we were 5-2 last year without a playmaking wideout, than we lost our 2 best defensive players. Also if Warner didnt blow the Lions game thats another win. Plus we threw our Rookie in there and stuck with him. And the same time Eli went in Snee went out.

Bottom line: too early to make predictions.
RoyWillKnockYouOut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man, at this point i'm just trying to hurt joro's feelings.. u know i'm all about any given sunday

Don't be jealous.
Bigbloo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid: i bet your just one of those low assembly line workers who screw the heads onto dolls... BOOOOOO.

Peter: WHY YOU LITTLE SNOT NOSE..

teacher: MR. GRIFFIN, he plays kickball after school, get him then.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody is a Super Bowl contender at the beginning of the season. I really think the Giants have a shot at the playoffs. Especially with filling in their two biggest holes: Inside Linebacker and Offensive Tackle. It might be tough with the Cowboys and Redskins both improving but I don't have any doubts about this team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see what the hell a cowboys fan is doing posting about the giants, like you know everything there is to know about them. with the way the nfl changes, you cant say a team wont make the playoffs at the beginning of the season. if we get burress and henry (we can get both, we cut ike and toomer will need a big year to evade the axe next season), we will have the BEST set of receivers that the giants have had in a long time, with all of our young speedsters. burress is a proven terror and henry had an uncanny ability to dominate games in college and that with his size and speed, he has a great shot at being nasty in the pros right away. and eli, who showed tremendous poise as the season wound down, will breakout next season. with tiki and shockey and our vastly revamped and improved o-line, the giants have ZERO holes on offense. and our defense, last season, ravaged by injuries, still put together a solid season with several revelations, including gibril wilson, osi umenyiora, william joseph, and curtis deloach. all of those are young players who all figure to play a big part next year, and we have returning vets in strahan, shaun williams, the wills, and fred robbins. are linebackers are solid, and pierce truly has the chance to shine in this D. although we could use some dline depth, i will also confidently state the that our D really has no holes either. with no major areas of concern, YEAH, i can confidently say the giants can become a contender next season.

prove me wrong...

JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are acting like Chris Benoit now lol.........

Reports are saying Plaxico postponed the meeting because he was "ill".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats really making this signing sound sweet is the proposed contract: 6 years, 20 million, 4 million dollar signing bonus. and, there is no other team really willing to outbid the giants, with the vikes apparently going after rod gardner. at that price, he is a great bargain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: