Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Predictions Reply with quote

How about some predictions for the 2005-2006 season...
I say 9-7 wild card Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't make predictions until we know who is on our team! Assuming we add a safety, a guard and a real quarterback, I think we can go 11-5.
KJ34RW11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we add a real QB we'll be better than 11-5. With Joey at the helm I think 9-7/10-6.
KJ34RW11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we add a real QB we'll be better than 11-5. With Joey at the helm I think 9-7/10-6.
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-6, win the division and Joey becomes a real QB.
whitestalliono2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget you guys, 13-3 or 3-13. super bowl or bust baby no one cares about division winners. I want it all in Detroit next year or a top 3 pick in the draft.

Mark my words Sims will be better than D. Brooks!
amaru0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, have you noticed how the first 5 losses hurt as a lions fan, then you don't mind them because you're already looking for draft position? I was so proud of them this year because I didn't start looking ahead to next season until the halfway point or so!

By the way, I really do think we have a shot (albeit a long shot) to be the first superbowl home team next year.
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some prediction for draft and free agency now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very prelimanary prediction as there are a million things that can transpire before September. But since we are all dying for some football here is my prdiciton for the division. THis is assuming that the Lions reamain healthy and address their weaknesses at safety o-line and and get solid qb play. Here goes

1. Lions 10-6 - (6-2 at home 4-4 on the road - ) (4-2 in division) Sweep Bears split with Vikes and Packers

2. VIkes - 9-7 - too up and down and if they dont get rid of Moss the team chemistry is always shaky. I think Cullpepper has had enough! losts of questionmarks at linebacker too!

3. Packers - 7-9 - The decline begins. Favre is in the twilite and this team has some holes on both sides of the ball mainly in the secondary and d-line

4. Bears 6-10 - This team will start to get better but has to many holes to contend for next year!

Ther ya have it that was easy Laughing
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my predictions for lions free agency only,I will do a lions mock ina little bit.
The lions needs (in random order):TE,OG,S,OT (depending on Mcdougle),WR,back up QB,and D-line depth.

The lions sign:
Kennoy Kennedy,S
Jerry Rice,WR
restructure AZ's contract,WR
Marcus Pollard,TE
I am totaly clueless on who they will sign for backup QB some rumors state we resigned Mcmahon but I dont know...I want Garcia here but thats unlikely (he's got 2 good deals on the table tampa and denver)Fieldler wont be coming here Warner wants to be here but he's a bum so that leaves Johnson so im going to say the lions sign Brad Johnson,QB

So theres our free agency signing period hopes and predictions It knocks out most our needs so all really need is OG maybe S and D-line depth which should be clarified in the draft

The reason why I left out OT is because we prolly wont get a OT in the free agency nor draft mooch kinda clarified that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is my lions mock draft:

10.-Shawne Merriman,DE/OLB I really dont want him here but there really isnt any other options they could draft Jammal Brown or Alex Barron but Mooch necesairly doesnt wanna OT even if Mcdougle does leave

41.-David Baas,OG

72.-Best available TE (for pollard to tutor) or Brodney Poole,S

107.-Mike patterson,DT-Dan is getting old and we dont have the depth at the position like last year anymore

169-Mike Nugent,K-I would love to have him with a 6th round pick but some say minnesota will take him in the 3rd round

200-Barret Ruud,ILB-could be a future replacement for holmes...he's not very good yet but I think holmes can turor him though...I would like to see lehman manning the middle but some question his strength

There you have my lions mock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your free agency is pretty good, except I don't see us getting Rice. I think he'll end up going back to San Fran to retire. I am pretty sure we'll get Kennedy and Pollard, which are the two biggest signings we could make. Also, I think we'll get Warner, with Johnson as our second choice if Arizona tells Kurt he can start. I think we saw something in Garcia's physical we didn't like, notice they are not saying his name at all after they brought him in.

For the draft, I see us trading down to the bottom of the first round, or possibly out of it altogether. I think we may end up with someones high picks next year. Our top pick will probably still be a safety, either Shazor if we're in the second or Poole if we're at the bottom of the first. If possible, we'll take Baas in the second, a DT in the third, QB in the fourth and BPA in the 6th and 7th. Probably a MLB in one of those bottom rounds. I would be very surprised if we actually draft at #10 this year.
DetroitLionsGM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really hope the lions trade the #10 pick and acquire more 2nd and 3rd round picks, i dont wanna see stephen alexander back at TE or Marcus Pollard. i like Casey Fitzsimmons as a solid #2 TE and im one of the people who hated seeing the Lions drafting a TE in the first round, but if we trade down and get more picks, i wouldnt mind drafting Heath Miller in the middle of the 1st rd, or drafting DE Justin Tuck in the 1st and risking the posibility of seeing Alex Smith in the 2nd rd or maybe Kevin Everett. i dont think the lions will sign Jerry Rice although it would make sense, considering we have 2 young WR's who have great potential and could improve their games with Jerry as a mentor. but considering Jerry's age and the possibilty of retirement, i like the idea of signing Corey Bradford. if the Lions dont Restructure Hakim's deal, i would like to see the Lions draft a WR in the 2nd round only if they get more picks in the 2nd possibly Fred Gibson or Roddy White.

im going to go out on a limb and i see the Lions going 12-4 with Joey at the helm. i really believe Joey can do it. this guy just needs his bitchhh asss coach to give him some damn confidence and support. although the lions would have a great record at 12-4, they will fail to win their division. the minnesota vikings are going to add 4 or 5 more playmakers to an already good team and will see a 13-3 season
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Icast_Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be real i am a die hard lions fan , but i say 8-8 charles rogers will have a limited role next year as Williams and a new TE have a excellent season a new Inside Linebacker and a 3-4 Defense could but us at 9-7 but a SAFETY is needed Bracy Walker is weak and a has been

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: