Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Duane Starks, CB from Arizona

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblevens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Duane Starks, CB from Arizona Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/03/02/starks.patriots/index.html

Apparently we are trading our third rounder for him...There goes my Travis Daniels plan...and my Fab Washington plan...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE that idea....i've heard of him... but i don't know...not the pick up i had in mind.. but hey we can make Gay great!!! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damm you beat me to the reporting of it...
I dont like the idea at all...but we need to trust BB and Pioli...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last pick in the 3rd round for a proven playmaker at corner. Ill take it.

He's had injury problems, but IMO, thats the only downside with him.

WHen he was in Baltimore, he was one of the best playmaking corners in the game. He leaves for the money in ARizona, and has no one around him to help him out, and he struggles. He needs to be in a D that can get pressure on the QB(every corner does), and when he is, he's successful. I think he'll be great as a Patriot, assuming he stays on the field.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we got a CB, who do you think we will draft?

Also, who else do you think we will sign?

I'm hoping and praying for Kendrell Bell. Is there any chance we can get him?

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our draft needs remain the same.... CB,LB,WR and OL. We lost brown...so our reciver need is big. Sante and Blue are great and now starks...but whos behind them? no one lol...we still need more depth there. Im starting to worry about the o line. Granted we will get a few guys back we didn't have for most of last year. Hochstein and ashworth.

As for how the draft plays out...the only WR id be willing to use our first rounder on is Mark Clayton. If hes off we need to take the best corner available for our system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
clownworth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice at the end of that article it said that they will enter 05 with Tyrone Poole. Whats the deal with him and how come everyone is writing him off?
CowboyChris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, if he is such a great player - why would Arizona get rid of him? Come on, a 3rd rounder for a guy that probably won't even start - yea, great move...
BUMPANDRUN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Yeah a 3rd rounder for a proven player with experience that fills a depth need and can start in a pinch and is ready to play now, is that dumb? besides, Starks has one more Superbowl ring than most of your Cowboys.

Belicheck didn't get his 3 superbowl rings by being dumb.
T0wer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good pickup for you guys. AZ actually had some good secondary players last year. Bring him to New England he will probably play even better. Denny G is trying to revamp that team, get some new players in there. And You guys need to get some more corners.

I am not a pats fan, nor a Cardinals fan. However I do think this was a decent trade for both parties. I think that most fans, have learned that alot of "nobodies" come into new england and just flat out get the job done.
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move for you guys...homeboy makes plays, he returned one INT for a TD in the Super Bowl...all players who go to AZ seem to get lost in the desert...he's learned his lesson and probably just wants to win again.

It could be that whole Dillon thing about losing all the time in a [inappropriate/removed] franchise...I know it was a trade, but I'm sure their will be contract restructuring and Staks'll take less to play in NE - if that's so then he's made his money and he wants another ring...for the last pick in the 3rd - he's a steal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboyChris wrote:
yea, if he is such a great player - why would Arizona get rid of him? Come on, a 3rd rounder for a guy that probably won't even start - yea, great move...

Its Arizona dude. They are rebuilding(as always). A veteran that makes a couple mill for a 3rd round pick? Thats a no brainer on their part.

They dont have the personnel for any corner to be successful yet. Put Ty Law in AZ, and he would struggle. So moving an older player for a quality draft pick is a good move for them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: