Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phillip Rivers UFA 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's QB1 in 2010
Phillip Rivers
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Jake Delhomme
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Matt Moore
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
schulman116


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Phillip Rivers UFA 2010 Reply with quote

In the midst of all this Cutler talk and Jake sucking business i thought it be interesting to mention a name with NC ties that would be available next year. Guys I appreciate all Jake has done for the Panthers but I can't wait to see him replaced. But seriously everyone has to face the reality that its just not gonna happen THIS YEAR. Jake's contract will be up next year like Rivers, and that will probably just be the end of it. So we'll have Jake for 2009 but could we possibly take a run at bringing Rivers back to NC?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCS


Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 585
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say jake but that depends on how he plays, the whole year not one game. I do want the panthers to have an open qb competition this year and maybe moore will take the starting spot now and we wont have to worry about whos playing qb in 2010.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CarolinaKitten


Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Posts: 12160
Location: 'Scansin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers would have to be insane to not resign Rivers. This seems pointless to discuss. Wink I'd rather Jake walk, and draft a QB to compete with Matt Moore.
_________________

Sig by Me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21248
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so which QB will there be a thread about us taking next?

So far this offseason, we have covered:

Derek Anderson
Matt Cassell
Jay Cutlet
Phillip Rivers

Who's next? Winner gets some ramen noodles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir_Purrr


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 2743
Location: South Charlotte
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncapped year + Pro bowl Caliber QB =

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schulman116


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers is a legit target for the panthers to go after. The Cutler talk is just dumb. Rivers is a NC boy and yes you would think SD would resign him but they didn't resign Drew Brees.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir_Purrr


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 2743
Location: South Charlotte
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Ok, so which QB will there be a thread about us taking next?

So far this offseason, we have covered:

Derek Anderson
Matt Cassell
Jay Cutlet
Phillip Rivers

Who's next? Winner gets some ramen noodles.

Hey don't forget about Mike Vick. How can you forget about the "How about Mike Vick!!" threads. Comeon boondock, that's not like you. You slippin' man, you slippin'........ Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schulman116


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Ok, so which QB will there be a thread about us taking next?

So far this offseason, we have covered:

Derek Anderson
Matt Cassell
Jay Cutlet
Phillip Rivers

Who's next? Winner gets some ramen noodles.



Boondock.....that what happens when your 35 year old QB single handedly loses a playoff game with 6 turnovers. You bet urass we are gonna discuss QB's.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4477
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
Rivers is a legit target for the panthers to go after. The Cutler talk is just dumb. Rivers is a NC boy and yes you would think SD would resign him but they didn't resign Drew Brees.
They didnt resign Brees because they had Rivers at the same time.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atown703


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 9833
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
Rivers is a legit target for the panthers to go after. The Cutler talk is just dumb. Rivers is a NC boy and yes you would think SD would resign him but they didn't resign Drew Brees.


They didn't resign Brees because they had Rivers waiting in the helms.. SD isn't going to let Rivers walk
_________________

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21248
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Ok, so which QB will there be a thread about us taking next?

So far this offseason, we have covered:

Derek Anderson
Matt Cassell
Jay Cutlet
Phillip Rivers

Who's next? Winner gets some ramen noodles.



Boondock.....that what happens when your 35 year old QB single handedly loses a playoff game with 6 turnovers. You bet urass we are gonna discuss QB's.


I know we are going to discuss QBs, but the Panthers don't play that way. I cannot see the Panthers bringing in a big name QB to run the show on offense regardless if it's Cassell or Vick or whomever?

I just cannot see at team that's built around defense and running the ball investing too much on a QB to throw the ball all the time.

The FO might feel pressured to make some decisions regarding QB this offseason, but bringing in a big name QB is not on the to do list as far as I can tell.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24764
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way he isn't re-signed. I say we draft one, and its either them or Moore that will be the future.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2296
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if rivers is let go by the chargers i dont want him in a panthers uni. yes he's a good qb (but chargers fans say he blew their playoff game vs. steelers, sound familiar) but as a person he's a complete jerk. he a trash talking primadonna (believe i know i live in so cal) that i will never root for. and i want to root for my panthers qb. so IMO its mat moore. plus i'd rather spend the money giving d will the contract he deserves
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32332
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
even if rivers is let go by the chargers i dont want him in a panthers uni. yes he's a good qb (but chargers fans say he blew their playoff game vs. steelers, sound familiar) but as a person he's a complete jerk. he a trash talking primadonna (believe i know i live in so cal) that i will never root for. and i want to root for my panthers qb. so IMO its mat moore. plus i'd rather spend the money giving d will the contract he deserves


My brother had a class with him in College, and he can confirm that he is a jerk. He was the type that would do something wrong, but then say, "Oh, its alright, I'm the star QB". He feels a sense of entitlement that he does not deserve at this point.

I don't want to trash the guy, he does great things on and off the field, but I don't want him as a Panther considering the price tag and the style of play we have.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir_Purrr


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 2743
Location: South Charlotte
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
even if rivers is let go by the chargers i dont want him in a panthers uni. yes he's a good qb (but chargers fans say he blew their playoff game vs. steelers, sound familiar) but as a person he's a complete jerk. he a trash talking primadonna (believe i know i live in so cal) that i will never root for. and i want to root for my panthers qb. so IMO its mat moore. plus i'd rather spend the money giving d will the contract he deserves


My brother had a class with him in College, and he can confirm that he is a jerk. He was the type that would do something wrong, but then say, "Oh, its alright, I'm the star QB". He feels a sense of entitlement that he does not deserve at this point.

I don't want to trash the guy, he does great things on and off the field, but I don't want him as a Panther considering the price tag and the style of play we have.

If he was itchy about losing his OC and HC, how'd you think he'd feel in a run first offense. It's always been about him, even when he was at Vandy. The offense thrived because of Culter, now Denver's a good offense because of Cutler. He comes here, he'll have a back seat to atleast two guys on offense. Smitty and DWill. I don't think that'd make him very happy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group