Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EAGLES GM MOCK DRAFT 7 ROUNDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philaphan81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: EAGLES GM MOCK DRAFT 7 ROUNDS Reply with quote

1st round- Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
2nd round- Thomas Howard LB UTEP
3rd round- Babatunde Oshinowo DT Stanford
4th round- Tim Day TE Oregon
5th round- Dee Webb CB Florida
6th round- Frostee Rucker DE USC
7th round- Brandon Hoyte LB Notre Dame

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, not bad at all, but this should probably be in the mock draft forums.

Believe.
One Team.
One City.
One Dream.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
briants8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but you've forgotten the extra 4th rounder the Eagles get. It seems like you didnt do much research into the teams needs and overall steals the eagles could get at each position. Heres a better mock draft--whereas i believe that if the Eagles followed it, they would be taking the RIGHT steps to returning to Super Bowl Form:
1st- Winston Justice-
The WR depth is shallow but if there is one conistent attribute in the Eagles WR its that they are small (not counting McMullen or McCants), fast, and young. These are not posession recievers, so why would the Eagles need Holmes? Hes Greg Lewis part 2. Justice has serious potential and is the only tackle besides D'Brickashaw worth picking in the top 15 (also has a great nasty streak). Scouts and analysts say he has the ability to play both left and right--giving Juan Castillo the perfect kind of flexivility he likes in his O-lineman. Is the replacement of Runyan.

2nd- I agree with this pick, Howard is a very underrated and undervalued LB. However, i do believe that Kai Parham (only.09 seconds slower than Howard in the 40) will be a more disruptive force in the LB lineup. With the correct FA signing for a SAM Linebacker, Parham will have the opportunity to learn Jim Johnson's scheme. At 253, he has the size the Eagles are looking for (13 lbs heavier than Howard). If D'Qwell Jackson or Hodge have fallen, take a shot at them first.

3rd- Victory Adeyanju
Is a powerful DE who reminds me of Darren Howard. Wide base, great run supporter, yet can still get the QB. I think that the Eagles should sign Darren Howard and draft this guy so that with Darwin Walker also at DE, the Eagles have depth on the line in Run-stoppping situations. This guy is a force to be reckoned with--great quality pick.

The Eagles will get an extra 3rd round pick in return for losing the NFL sack leader Derrick Burgess.***

3rd- Leon Williams
Considered to be a ILB in the draft, at 235, Williams has the size and speed to be one of the future OLBs. This pick is only to push Dhani Jones, McCoy, and Parham. This pick adds depth and a future starter. Great nickle LB)

4th- DJ Shockley/Reggie McNeal
This is where potential is of more value than experience. This is the place where I think the Eagles should draft a backup QB. The Eagles should draft DJ Shockley (or Reggie McNeal of Texas A&M in order to become a Randel-El type of player). Shockley will play behind Detmer. From what I saw, Shockley has the intangibles to lead any team, and with the mentoring of a QB similar to his style of play in McNabb, Shockley will become a valued backup. Consider this situation: 2007 season, Eagles are looking to have a bright playoff future, McNabb goes down and who steps in? a guy who plays just like him. I dont want Shockley to be seen as a replacement, just a quality backup with McNabbs similar style of play. Also the McNeal pick would be fantastic. McNeal runs a 4.35 40.

4th- Cooper Wallace
LJ Smith is a great reciever-oriented TE. However, the blocking coming from smith is nothing to brag about. In comes the TE who blocked for Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, and even Kevin Irons this year. He is the best blocking TE in this draft. He has a similar size to Jermain Wiggins. Not very fast but wouldnt be a bad check down reciever in Play action plays.

5th- Nate Livings
Typical Eagles Draft pick. Nate Livings has more quickness that bulk. Would project to be a similar backup as Trey Darilek. May also play C.

6th- Gilbert Harris
The Eagles need a REAL FB. Jon Ritchie is now getting up in age and no longer an option. Josh Parry and Thomas Tapeh are not the solution. Injuries and inconsistencies have worn out both of their welcomes. Harris is a power RB/FB who has the size and powe to knock someone's teeth out when blocking (could be the answer to a somewhat power RB the Eagles are believed to need).

7th- Demps or Paige
Both are deep in the Safety projections but have the size, speed, and nasty demeanor to be a roleplayer in special teams as a SS.

"I don't get satisfied. That's not my nature.
You inspired my interest in football,
Your the player I always mimicked,
Your the only man who actually knows how to fly...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: