Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A-Train??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duh bears!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: A-Train?? Reply with quote

I wish the Bears would send Turner to make up with A-Train, and blame his past situation on Shea so we don't have to waste another high round pick on a RB. I'm not sure there will be too many teams ready to sign him as their #1 back. The guy wasn't that bad....I think they miss-used him.
How many time were Jones and him on the field the same time? NEVER!
They told us all of the way along this would happen.

As of today I wouldn't mind this out come...
Probably differnt tommorrow!

1st DJ LB (Automatic top 5 defense with him) even though I like MW alot
2nd David Baas OG
4th Joel Dressen TE
5th Adam Keift OT
6th Nino Williams SS
7th Kicker

Wait one year to see how Gage and Berrian perform in expanded role under Turner (hell Moose ain't that old). These guys were pretty good in college. We just can't keep overlapping picks ever year.

Something nobody is talking about is trading down in the second and pick up a 3rd????? I don't think there is glaring gotto have guy in the second.
DABEARS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way angelo has talked about this year's rb class its pretty clear that he will take somebody - a train will not come back here after all that happened last year. I dunno about that promise of having them on the field at the same time - never heard that and we did trade for a good fullback in johnson. i just cant see the bears taking dj at 4 - we need someone who can shed off blocks and we dont have that right now and he is more of an urlacher type right now. Chances are good that some first rounder will slide to the 2nd so maybe we can get whoever that is but i agree trading down in the second is not a bad idea. there are a lot of good rbs that are available in the second and third. i agree we need to give the young wrs a chance next year though - maybe on day one pick would be ok.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your crazy, we would in any other situation love to have DJ.
You say we dont want anther Urlacher type, isnt that the prime type of LB for the cover 2, its makes me laugh when people say things like that, like the guy has this BIG fault or something.
snap355

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more glaring needs on O then D
Pdogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Baltimore proved a few season's ago you build a Dominating D and you will have a chance to win every game.Even if you look at the young Patriots they won a Super bowl behind a great d and a running game led by Antwoine Smith remember him. Everyone is under the assumption that or d is set we still need a olb(Hunter sucks) and a good ss(Green is not the answer). Their is work to be done on both sides of the ball.
purdueman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A-Train?? Reply with quote

[quote="duh bears!"]I wish the Bears would send Turner to make up with A-Train, and blame his past situation on Shea so we don't have to waste another high round pick on a RB. I'm not sure there will be too many teams ready to sign him as their #1 back. The guy wasn't that bad....I think they miss-used him.
How many time were Jones and him on the field the same time? NEVER!
They told us all of the way along this would happen.

As of today I wouldn't mind this out come...
Probably differnt tommorrow!

1st DJ LB (Automatic top 5 defense with him) even though I like MW alot
2nd David Baas OG
4th Joel Dressen TE
5th Adam Keift OT
6th Nino Williams SS
7th Kicker

Wait one year to see how Gage and Berrian perform in expanded role under Turner (hell Moose ain't that old). These guys were pretty good in college. We just can't keep overlapping picks ever year.

Something nobody is talking about is trading down in the second and pick up a 3rd????? I don't think there is glaring gotto have guy in the second.[/quote]
No offense intended, but put down that crack pipe before you hurt yourself! The A-Trolly? If we want off tackle for one, up the middle for -2, and off guard for maybe 1 1/2, we can play Adrian Peterson for a lot less money!
lance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: I should have posted this here. Reply with quote

I posted this as a new post before I read your original post. Obviously, we're thinking the same thing ...

Draft Derrick Johnson number 4 and make the defense even more awesome. Resign A-Train instead of drafting another running back. That does it for salary cap. Draft the best available player in the second round. Get to practice and get 'er done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: