Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeMarcus Ware Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yarly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: DeMarcus Ware Trade Reply with quote

What would you guys think about trading our number 3 pick to Dallas for DeMarcus Ware?

I'm not sure on what it would take to get him. He's relatively young and has already established himself as one of the elite linebackers in the NFL.

Could be get him for our 1st (Pick 3) and our 3rd (Pick 67)?

I feel like he would be a great building block for a 3-4 defense.

What do you guys think? I'm sort of just throwing this out there.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea if the Chiefs are thinking of taking a OLB with the pick. If they are not thinking OLB I think the best pick at 3 is Raji.

Then again you could make the trade and hope for Brace to drop. I think they will both be good NT's.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
harrisonbl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
That is a good idea if the Chiefs are thinking of taking a OLB with the pick. If they are not thinking OLB I think the best pick at 3 is Raji.

Then again you could make the trade and hope for Brace to drop. I think they will both be good NT's.

I don't think, even if we weren't going OLB, that Raji would be the pick. I think Tank is more fit for a 3-4 NT and will be very good at it. Right now he's about 310 of pure muscle. I think he can easily put on a little weight, both muscle and fat, and play around 320. At least.
kennystatus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Ware Trade Reply with quote

Yarly wrote:
What would you guys think about trading our number 3 pick to Dallas for DeMarcus Ware?

I'm not sure on what it would take to get him. He's relatively young and has already established himself as one of the elite linebackers in the NFL.

No way the cowboys part with him....i would venture to say he's untouchable.

------>Uno on the sig<------
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Ware Trade Reply with quote

kennystatus wrote:
Yarly wrote:

No way the cowboys part with him....i would venture to say he's untouchable.

He may be untouchable but you could probably get there other OLB. Not Spencer the older one. He could provide some quality veteran leadership. Is his name Ellis? I cant remember.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
bigballin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATHIAS KIWANUKA!!! Can play either RE in 4-3 or OLB in 3-4!!! Filled in quite nicely for Osi U.
Bleed Red

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give a first and a 3rd for D ware. He is one of the best players in the league right now.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys wouldn't ever trade him. He's too valuable to them.

And Yarly, your avatar is too big. Max size allowed is 80 pixels x 80 pixels.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Ware Trade Reply with quote

Yarly wrote:

Is this a serious post? our 1st and 3rd? I bet we could get either Suggs or Peppers for just the 3rd overall.

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
nicfre2006

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many holes on our roster, why would we trade two picks for one player? At this point Ware is not going to put our defense over the top. And I think people are jumping on the 3-4 bandwagon WAYYYY too early. I have no clue where people are getting this from. The Adam Schefter article I have seen posted in made a completely speculative comment about the 3-4.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the same opinion as Nic. As young as we are, and as unsettled or not yet clearly defined on defense, and with our current personnel, we are uniquely capable to go 34, 43, or some hybrid.

We'll need to add a player or two to have success with what ever we do, but I think our inexperience, in this particular case, could be a positive.

See, I found the Pony.

With our personnel, we have flexability, and it should help us tremendously in the draft.
me227

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to tell you but Ware is untouchable. Why would Dallas do this? Realistically can you explain to me why we would do this?. This reminds me of the guy a few years back who wanted to trade Dante Hall for the 4th overall pick 2 years ago.

2011 Dallas Cowboys Pick 'Em Champion
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Ware Trade Reply with quote

Yarly wrote:

for the first pick maybe for that and another pick no. I believe curry is as close to a sure thing this draft has to offer and thats means alot. We can't aford to trade to many picks away we need them.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Ware Trade Reply with quote

Yarly wrote:

Bank it, It would take more then just one first round pick. i would say Two at the very least
Yarly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback... I am still trying to get a feel for players values and stuff like that.

Sorry about the sig size i fixed it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: