You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Young may not throw at combine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueHomers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Vince Young may not throw at combine Reply with quote

Did you guys here that VY may not throw at the combine? I think that is a major mistake in his behalf, and it dosen't say that much about what he thinks of his own talents. Smile
KVB Eats Souls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he does a personal workout, it's no biggie. In fact, most of the big names are doing it these days.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an article where ex-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Jerry Rhome has been hired to work with Vince Young. I don't know who that is really, but it kind of hints around that Vince may be getting serious about trying to work on his mechanics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/02/15/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Vince Young may not throw at combine Reply with quote

BlueHomers wrote:
Did you guys here that VY may not throw at the combine? I think that is a major mistake in his behalf, and it dosen't say that much about what he thinks of his own talents. Smile

If you're already thought of as a top 10 (or so) pick, the combine can only hurt you. The top QB's can hold a private workout that is rehearsed to the point where they're comfortable and they're throwing to their own receivers. Alex Smith chose this option last year and it vaulted him into the top spot in the draft. Had he thrown passes on command to WR's from the combine, perhaps he doesn't do that well. It's all about controlling your environment.

As long as you're projected at the top of the draft, do the safest things possible to stay there because there's only one way to go... down.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is for young....there is still the possibility for him to move up on draft boards.....even though it is doubtful you cant rule out houston or NO taking him......unless he knows somethin we dont....which is probable

and even though i can see why he made his decision and it probably did have more of a chance to hurt his stock than help i would have like to see how he threw to see if hed made any progress

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: