You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars safety Gerald Sensabaugh found with 3 guns in car
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Enrage wrote:
It has nothing to do with either of our personal views, and it has nothing to do with what citizenship we hold. The simple fact is that it buying and owning an AK-47 is legal according to federal law.

Saying "Oh noes, an AK-47!!!1!!" isn't really insightful since it is semiautomatic, just like millions of other hunting rifles owned around the US. IIn fact, an AK-47 is probably less dangerous than those since 7.62x39 isn't a particularly powerful round when compared to more standard hunting rounds like .308. It seems that most of the opinions in this thread are based of ignorance and misconceptions based of the image of the AK-47.

I am not going to turn this into a discussion about the specifics of guns, but I do know exactly what an AK-47 is, and not all variants of it are Semi Automatic. My opinions on American gun ownership are not pretty; I know you are Military, but that doesn't suede my opinion in any shape or form. A regular person in Society should not be allowed to possess an AK-47 that can fire a live round - thats my opinion.

Shocked

That is the most tyrannous statement I've heard this week. The ignorance of this forum in regards to firearms is ridiculous; Fully-automatic AK-47's, are in fact legal in the United States, as per NFA regulation , as enrage rightly pointed out. But, I would hardly consider such thinking surprising, given the British government's commitment to depriving it's citizens of their own property.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3168607.ece

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect

Last edited by Willink on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Suspicious of a Bentley in the vicinity of Kingsport's public housing, the officer said she ran the tag and the found the car was registered to Sensabaugh. The Bentley pulled up outside Crew Cut Barber Shop, 806 E. Center St., and Sensabaugh went inside.

I think race isnt allowed to be discussed in this forum so I really dont wanna get into any serious debates. But I'll say this:

How is an expensive car suspicious? You do the math, and realize that he was unfairly targeted. The officer clearly embellished probable cause to make a custodial stop. Had a white man in a suite gotten out then she'd have kept driving. But that wasnt the case, and thus Sensabaugh was targeted unfairly.

She probably figured hes a drug dealer let me run his tags.
BucsWin09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? One person gets caught for a gun then theres tons after. Do they have a meeting

Thanks to eggybucsfan31 for the sig
I believe in Josh Freeman! In Freeman We Trust
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimkelly02 wrote:
Quote:
Suspicious of a Bentley in the vicinity of Kingsport's public housing, the officer said she ran the tag and the found the car was registered to Sensabaugh. The Bentley pulled up outside Crew Cut Barber Shop, 806 E. Center St., and Sensabaugh went inside.

I think race isnt allowed to be discussed in this forum so I really dont wanna get into any serious debates. But I'll say this:

How is an expensive car suspicious? You do the math, and realize that he was unfairly targeted. The officer clearly embellished probable cause to make a custodial stop. Had a white man in a suite gotten out then she'd have kept driving. But that wasnt the case, and thus Sensabaugh was targeted unfairly.

She probably figured hes a drug dealer let me run his tags.

You're merely jumping to conclusions without any sort of responsible judgement at all. You fail logic 101, pal.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, its a very logical statement. Tell me how one can find it suspicious to find a nice car in a poor neighborhood?
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimkelly02 wrote:
Actually, its a very logical statement. Tell me how one can find it suspicious to find a nice car in a poor neighborhood?

I drive through bad parts of D.C. all the time, and there are plenty of expensive cars that do the same. I'm guessing you are from upstate, not the city.

Not to play moderator or anything, but it would behoove you to read Webmaster's rules.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.

Last edited by Kevin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
Shocked

That is the most tyrannous statement I've heard this week. The ignorance of this forum in regards to firearms is ridiculous; Fully-automatic AK-47's, are in fact legal in the United States, as per NFA regulation , as enrage rightly pointed out. But, I would hardly consider such thinking surprising, given the British government's commitment to depriving it's citizens of their own property.

Well my opinion on gun ownership differs from yours, and many other people too. I see no use of a gun outside of ones property. And yes that includes hunting. Thats my last comment on the matter, I shall leave you to insult governments and what not - I have no interest in it.

MUFC OK
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from New York.

So if its not uncommon for expensive cars to drive through poor neighborhoods why does this officer find it suspicious this time?

I dont think this is entirely race related and my beef is much more to do with unjust policing than just racial profiling.

I feel its a violating of ones rights to be stopped by police because theyre driving an expensive car in a poor neighborhood. It screams, "You must sell drugs to get that because no one around here is capable of doing it any other way".
PurpleProwess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Lunsford, he had a carry permit this time.

Oh my god! i was going to jump on this guy and call him a moron i was going to unload, writing a very long and thoughtful few paragraphs on how the NFL needs to change, then i found that quote, And the only thing that came to my mind was, That the players do have brainsssssssss.... ....sorry to much nazi zombies.

All i will say was, Moron for driving with suspended license, And nowadays, he must be considered a genius for having a permit, Cause it seems like that's what it takes nowadays.

Some gave all, All gave some.

All posting to be done henceforth via Phone. I apologize for the errors.
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Willink wrote:
Shocked

Well my opinion on gun ownership differs from yours, and many other people too. I see no use of a gun outside of ones property. And yes that includes hunting. Thats my last comment on the matter, I shall leave you to insult governments and what not - I have no interest in it.

Guys, please keep your views on gun ownership and other political topics off the forums.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: